St Mirren v Motherwell Wed 31st Oct

faraway saint

9 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

That's a sad stat to read (if accurate).

I think the board will back him through Jan, outwith that, you never know about the latter assumption..... 'friends in high places' an aww that.

Rangers lost every game 0-3 from 2001-2012, just still waiting for the SFA to have to bottle to announce it :whistle

33 minutes ago, billyg said:

I see it mentioned elsewhere that should we lose on Saturday it would constitute the worst run by any club in SPL history , is this correct ? If it is true , and with no wins in sight and a probable heavy defeat at Dens coming up , will Oran hang about till January ? Another couple of months in the firing line ? I'm beginning to fear it will be Gus and Jimmy Nic in charge by then !

I don't see how that would be a bad solution. Both have got plenty experience and would have as good a chance as anyone of getting us out of this position.

No way should Gus be back as manager! We need new signings ASAP (January) We looked like wee boys compared to Motherwell last night, we need  a few big imposing defenders and start to get it right from the back. Everyone in the team is lacking confidence and we're shipping goals too easy so getting it right at the back is where i'd start.

39 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Disagree with that.

A good manager would be able to organise this team and make us hard to beat.

We are the absolute opposite of hard to beat just now.

Not only are our players rubbish, but they’re also poorly organised and unmotivated.

I don't think they're unmotivated i think it's a lot down to confidence throughout the team, OK has a huge job on his hands fixing the mess that Stubbs left.

19 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Rangers lost every game 0-3 from 2001-2012, just still waiting for the SFA to have to bottle to announce it :whistle

hahaha..... can you imagine? That chip on their shoulders would grow ten fold!

As hard as it is to imagine, they actually have got worse and more bitter with time as a result of all that. 

We need play as organised and the way we did against celtic and hope they have an off day, like celtic did. 

1 minute ago, spankin_panda said:

hahaha..... can you imagine? That chip on their shoulders would grow ten fold!

As hard as it is to imagine, they actually have got worse and more bitter with time as a result of all that. 

We need play as organised and the way we did against celtic and hope they have an off day, like celtic did. 

On the plus side 45 mph winds and loads of rain would be our best scenerio. Maybe dont cut the grass or get an American Football team to play on it tomorrow night

Think outside the box :P

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

On the plus side 45 mph winds and loads of rain would be our best scenerio. Maybe dont cut the grass or get an American Football team to play on it tomorrow night

Think outside the box :P

You are definitely back on form. 

Idiotic but good.

59 minutes ago, billyg said:

I see it mentioned elsewhere that should we lose on Saturday it would constitute the worst run by any club in SPL history , is this correct ? If it is true , and with no wins in sight and a probable heavy defeat at Dens coming up , will Oran hang about till January ? Another couple of months in the firing line ? I'm beginning to fear it will be Gus and Jimmy Nic in charge by then !

I heard this on radio driving back from the game last night - but it's not true according to the internet

image.png.8267106a018fb03fd628c53a9ad830ad.png

Mind you, I would not rule us out of contention for some of these unwanted records yet !

1 hour ago, billyg said:

8 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

I heard this on radio driving back from the game last night - but it's not true according to the internet

image.png.8267106a018fb03fd628c53a9ad830ad.png

Mind you, I would not rule us out of contention for some of these unwanted records yet !

At present we have taken One point from the last Thirty!

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Disagree with that.

A good manager would be able to organise this team and make us hard to beat.

We are the absolute opposite of hard to beat just now.

Not only are our players rubbish, but they’re also poorly organised and unmotivated.

Still not going to save us though as you say yourself the players are rubbish so the solution isn't spend the money on bagging a manager to get someone to "organise" the rubbish that would be utter madness when you could spend the money on buying better players.  Got to back the manager in his first transfer window here and I am sure the club will. BTW I am in no way saying OK will prove to be a decent manager - no real evidence of that yet but we need to give him the chance to show us if he has it and that will mean money in the transfer window.

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

At present we have taken One point from the last Thirty!

Yes , I believe that is the record being talked about after this Saturday. 1 point from a possible 33 , I think it would be the first time it's happened ! Great eh ?

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Still not going to save us though as you say yourself the players are rubbish so the solution isn't spend the money on bagging a manager to get someone to "organise" the rubbish that would be utter madness when you could spend the money on buying better players.  Got to back the manager in his first transfer window here and I am sure the club will. BTW I am in no way saying OK will prove to be a decent manager - no real evidence of that yet but we need to give him the chance to show us if he has it and that will mean money in the transfer window.

I get your drift about swapping managers again (if..! That comes at a cost) but money is always the thing that makes boards act, especially if they are losing it. Last night if the crowd was 4001, minus Well fans thats about 1000 home fans down on games like Dundee, Killie, Hibs etc. That could be £22k less in gate money for each game now, perhaps more if things continue as is?

it could be argued it makes financial sense to replace the manager as the cost, coupled with a boost in attendances could outweigh paying someone off? That said if we continue as is, i think the standards that Oran has woukd probably see him decide to walk with minimum payout. Sad times.

18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I get your drift about swapping managers again (if..! That comes at a cost) but money is always the thing that makes boards act, especially if they are losing it. Last night if the crowd was 4001, minus Well fans thats about 1000 home fans down on games like Dundee, Killie, Hibs etc. That could be £22k less in gate money for each game now, perhaps more if things continue as is?

it could be argued it makes financial sense to replace the manager as the cost, coupled with a boost in attendances could outweigh paying someone off? That said if we continue as is, i think the standards that Oran has woukd probably see him decide to walk with minimum payout. Sad times.

The drop in attendance last night could be attributed to it being Halloween. 

Oran needs to be given a fair crack of the whip with his own players just as Jack Ross was.

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I thought it was a good crowd for a midweek on a rotten night - I fully expected 500-1000 less !  Gus re-arranging the deck chairs would see no boost to crowds what-so-ever and for many may well be the last straw. It's new players we need first and foremost not another change at the helm.  Also need to appoint a new technical director in that scenario - just can't see the board abandoning that project either so soon after starting it.  I doubt we will see Gus in charge any time soon barring as you say OK walking which I suppose isn't totally out of the question but again I doubt he would consider that before his first transfer window (assuming he has funds to spend).

46 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

We knew we were f**ked when Oran took over. I would hope he'd be given the chance to get us promoted again if we go down.

I hear what you're saying, as always with football fans (yours truly included) we all have a "Fickle Point" which, when breached sees us just want change whatever?

If Oran is winless by January the pressure he, board and players will be under will be totally overwhelming. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I hear what you're saying, as always with football fans (yours truly included) we all have a "Fickle Point" which, when breached sees us just want change whatever?

If Oran is winless by January the pressure he, board and players will be under will be totally overwhelming. 

I get this also but at some point we have to stop getting shot of managers, we are the joke of Scottish Football ( trust me I am getting it at work)

Look at the Jags, top 6, then relegated , now 1 point above relegation PO and there is a chance they will go down, sack AA bring in Calderwood like OK, McIntyre and McKinnon winless.

Look at the teams we want to aspire to

Fakes , Well,  even Livi, consistency is the key. Geez look at Killie, does anyone every think that Clarke would have considered coming here ? Eh no.

I am not saying Oran is the answer, but as long as we keep knee jerking we will never progress.

2003-2014 we had two managers, one B&Q, One League title one League Cup and 9 years in the top flight, wasnt spectacular but effective.

2014 -Present 7 managers- One relegation, one great escape not to be relegated,  no cups, ............... and of course one promotion

If this club wants to be fan owned its has to have solid foundations, financially and off and on park. Only that way ( Mr Fitzpatrick!!!.) Can we expect to build and progress.

26 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I get this also but at some point we have to stop getting shot of managers, we are the joke of Scottish Football ( trust me I am getting it at work)

Look at the Jags, top 6, then relegated , now 1 point above relegation PO and there is a chance they will go down, sack AA bring in Calderwood like OK, McIntyre and McKinnon winless.

Look at the teams we want to aspire to

Fakes , Well,  even Livi, consistency is the key. Geez look at Killie, does anyone every think that Clarke would have considered coming here ? Eh no.

I am not saying Oran is the answer, but as long as we keep knee jerking we will never progress.

2003-2014 we had two managers, one B&Q, One League title one League Cup and 9 years in the top flight, wasnt spectacular but effective.

2014 -Present 7 managers- One relegation, one great escape not to be relegated,  no cups, ............... and of course one promotion

If this club wants to be fan owned its has to have solid foundations, financially and off and on park. Only that way ( Mr Fitzpatrick!!!.) Can we expect to build and progress.

Stability pays.