St Mirren v Motherwell Wed 31st Oct

faraway saint

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Feck me Ricky.... controversial or whit..?

If you say-so.  We seemed to have brought the board together going into and during JR's time and reaped the benefits of that. 

Then we allowed chaos to surround thedeparture ofJR and Appointment/.Partibg of the ways with AS. 

Looks like they are getting their act (and balls) back together. 

Guest TPAFKATS
I get this also but at some point we have to stop getting shot of managers, we are the joke of Scottish Football ( trust me I am getting it at work)
Look at the Jags, top 6, then relegated , now 1 point above relegation PO and there is a chance they will go down, sack AA bring in Calderwood like OK, McIntyre and McKinnon winless.
Look at the teams we want to aspire to
Fakes , Well,  even Livi, consistency is the key. Geez look at Killie, does anyone every think that Clarke would have considered coming here ? Eh no.
I am not saying Oran is the answer, but as long as we keep knee jerking we will never progress.
2003-2014 we had two managers, one B&Q, One League title one League Cup and 9 years in the top flight, wasnt spectacular but effective.
2014 -Present 7 managers- One relegation, one great escape not to be relegated,  no cups, ............... and of course one promotion
If this club wants to be fan owned its has to have solid foundations, financially and off and on park. Only that way ( Mr Fitzpatrick!!!.) Can we expect to build and progress.
I'd suggest that thistle are more a joke than us at the moment as evidenced by your own post.

BTW it's no Calderwood, it's Caldwell at Firhill.

Guest TPAFKATS
If we needed any reminder what can happen if you get relegated. 
No one needs reminded of that. Many teams including us struggle after falling into championship.

We are one of a few yoyo teams. The bad times make you appreciate the good times, like last season, all the more.

And Alan Stubbs wasn’t.
How much time would you have given Stubbs? Serious question because, you may find this hard to believe but I remember some numpty starting a Jack Ross must go thread a few weeks after he started, and he didn't have the luxury of bringing in his own players. Crazy eh?

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I get this also but at some point we have to stop getting shot of managers, we are the joke of Scottish Football ( trust me I am getting it at work)

Look at the Jags, top 6, then relegated , now 1 point above relegation PO and there is a chance they will go down, sack AA bring in Calderwood like OK, McIntyre and McKinnon winless.

Look at the teams we want to aspire to

Fakes , Well,  even Livi, consistency is the key. Geez look at Killie, does anyone every think that Clarke would have considered coming here ? Eh no.

I am not saying Oran is the answer, but as long as we keep knee jerking we will never progress.

2003-2014 we had two managers, one B&Q, One League title one League Cup and 9 years in the top flight, wasnt spectacular but effective.

2014 -Present 7 managers- One relegation, one great escape not to be relegated,  no cups, ............... and of course one promotion

If this club wants to be fan owned its has to have solid foundations, financially and off and on park. Only that way ( Mr Fitzpatrick!!!.) Can we expect to build and progress.

I agree. I think we need to give Oran Kearney the chance he deserves. I personally am a long way from judging him as I think he has been left an utter shambles. I think the club is in an utter mess at the moment. A lot of it is down to what Jack Ross built and what we lost when he left. 

Unless it becomes a total shambles I think we should give Kearney the rest of this season and go with him next season even if relegated. 

I like Kearney and I think he comes across well, I also have a feeling he knows what he's doing but what he has to work with currently is a disaster, with a team that would be lucky to be mid table Championship. He's recruitment so far has been decent with just out of contract players. He hasn't even had a window. He'll have a difficult time in the window also recruiting player to SMFC and getting rid of Stubbs junk who nobody will want.

So I think we need to cut Kearney a good bit of slack !

3 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I agree. I think we need to give Oran Kearney the chance he deserves. I personally am a long way from judging him as I think he has been left an utter shambles. I think the club is in an utter mess at the moment. A lot of it is down to what Jack Ross built and what we lost when he left. 

Unless it becomes a total shambles I think we should give Kearney the rest of this season and go with him next season even if relegated. 

I like Kearney and I think he comes across well, I also have a feeling he knows what he's doing but what he has to work with currently is a disaster, with a team that would be lucky to be mid table Championship. He's recruitment so far has been decent with just out of contract players. He hasn't even had a window. He'll have a difficult time in the window also recruiting player to SMFC and getting rid of Stubbs junk who nobody will want.

So I think we need to cut Kearney a good bit of slack !

I agree that Kearney has to be given time but what needs to happen in your mind for it to be 'a total shambles' because that is exactly how I would describe last nights performance.  1 point from 33...1 point from 36...1 point from 39....1 point from 42........???

Here is my prediction. When the January window opens it will be 1 point from SIXTY!!!!!! That, sadly, is how bad I think we are.  Looking at our fixtures (there are 7 games in 29 days in December!!) apart from maybe Dundee (and it's a big maybe) I do not see where a point is coming from never mind 3! 

Feel sorry for all the fans who went out and bought a record amount of season tickets with their hard earned cash only to be shat on from a great height by the Stubbs appointment and his subsequent disastrous, ridiculous signings!!!

A Championship win, the Morgan money, the bonus Mcginn money, the feelgood factor, the bond between fans and players....all completely blown out the water. It's excruciating to watch what has and is happening to our club.

total shambolic display last night 

lets not kid ourselves we are going down ,no defense,mid,strike force,clown off a

keeper ,and what the hell was gotng on with subs at half time 

on pitch  ,watch mothewell   subs and coach  having routine training 

ours were having a laugh 

is this a professional club ,whats going on here  

new manger second  half players changing positions every 5 min ,players need too play too a  system  

whats going on all week at training ,ball being played backwards insteaded off getting forward

let the opposition regroup 

were f**ked  

12 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

I agree that Kearney has to be given time but what needs to happen in your mind for it to be 'a total shambles' because that is exactly how I would describe last nights performance.  1 point from 33...1 point from 36...1 point from 39....1 point from 42........???

Here is my prediction. When the January window opens it will be 1 point from SIXTY!!!!!! That, sadly, is how bad I think we are.  Looking at our fixtures (there are 7 games in 29 days in December!!) apart from maybe Dundee (and it's a big maybe) I do not see where a point is coming from never mind 3! 

Feel sorry for all the fans who went out and bought a record amount of season tickets with their hard earned cash only to be shat on from a great height by the Stubbs appointment and his subsequent disastrous, ridiculous signings!!!

A Championship win, the Morgan money, the bonus Mcginn money, the feelgood factor, the bond between fans and players....all completely blown out the water. It's excruciating to watch what has and is happening to our club.

I couldn't agree more but I can't see how this can be landed at Oran Kearney's door.

He hasn't a hope in hell of turning it round at the moment.

He is about to take all the venom thrown at him that Stubbs should have got. 

McIntrye who I rate highly as a coach is struggling so far too. Not his fault at all just what he has to work with.

With McIntrye at RC and JR at SMFC with their great escapes it wasn't until Feb time that things started to click so Kearney 100% needs the time.

Why we never appointed Jim McIntrye in the summer out of the 4 interviewed I'll never know. 

Edited by lenziebud

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

No one needs reminded of that. Many teams including us struggle after falling into championship.

We are one of a few yoyo teams. The bad times make you appreciate the good times, like last season, all the more.

Nothing wrong with being a yo-yo team ,we just don't want to be a double relegation team , Gus should be trying to identify decent player s on the last six months of their contact to put together s decent squad for next season , rather than sign players on short term contracts in the hope of staying up.

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I hear what you're saying, as always with football fans (yours truly included) we all have a "Fickle Point" which, when breached sees us just want change whatever?

If Oran is winless by January the pressure he, board and players will be under will be totally overwhelming. 

Yeah, agreed. If we do go down, the ideal scenario is that he overhauls the squad, gets some performances out of them, and we go down heroically.

That's fairly unlikely, I admit.

Back in Dublin after a short home visit, and wish I hadn't bothered going to see that mince. That was easily the worst performance I've witnessed since Tommy Craig's time. Not one player even got close to pass marks.  From Samson and that first goal (WTF?) to Jackson up front, they were ALL terrible.  And as for Edwards?? Why the hell did he feel the need to dive, having got by the defenders! Also wee Mullen needs to focus on winning the ball instead of falling on his arse.   How does Willock manage to get shorter when he jumps for a ball?  Like an earlier poster, I didn't even realise that Flynn was playing until he got sent off.  I hadn't seen Hammill, but heard about his "great deliveries". Didn't see much evidence of those last night.  And McGinn seems to have lost whatever drive he had, always playing lazy balls and not finding his man. OK doesn't escape criticism either, as the formation was weird, and the timing of his substitutions was strange to say the least.  Something needs to change, and quickly, or we're heading down again.

3 hours ago, st jock said:

How much time would you have given Stubbs? Serious question because, you may find this hard to believe but I remember some numpty starting a Jack Ross must go thread a few weeks after he started, and he didn't have the luxury of bringing in his own players. Crazy eh?

He doesn’t have an answer for that question.

He’s just chosen an agenda to pedal that goes against the grain of opinion that most of the fanbase share, much like a child he feels the need to shout and scream at every opportunity to anybody that will rise to him.

• 4 weeks later...