St Mirren v Motherwell Wed 31st Oct

faraway saint

55 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

FFS Was that why it was only 4-1 :death

DJ. Remember that our Arbroath Friend was at his team's ground.  And Free. Unfortunately he is right!

Hoping for a repeat of this result from 2012

Edited by St.Ricky

A bottom six player as I said at the time but once Kenny Mclean recovered fitness he was never first choice in a midfield that included Carey, Goodwin, McGowan, Mooy, Murray, Teale & Thomson - a squad that should have been able to finish better than 8th but nowhere a Top 6 place that season!

You’re getting mixed up with the season before.

The video I quoted was from 12/13, the year we won the cup and finished 11th. Mooy was released by Danny in his infinite wisdom the summer before and Murray and Thomson left then too.

Imrie was certainty rightly left out the 12/13 starting 11. He was and is a worse player than the likes of McLean, Teale, Carey, J McGinn, Newton, McGowan and of course Isma.

My point was simply that if Imrie (or indeed any of those players) were playing for us today (apart from Teale since he retired!) he’d be the first name on the team sheet and our best player.

Even though our league position is the same as five years ago, our team is much, much weaker.

If we don't beat the team immediately above us on a similarly honking run of form at home then where are the points going to come from. Surely this comes under the "must win" bracket ?

Quite. St Johnstone and Aberdeen were also on honking runs of form going into games against us in the last few weeks right enough. Didn’t stop either of them giving us a good paddling.

A loss tonight would be an absolute footballing disaster. I would take a draw though, we just need to stop this horrible LLLLL form that we are in and any way we could do that would be most welcome.

0-0

49 minutes ago, TopCat said:

You’re getting mixed up with the season before.

The video I quoted was from 12/13, the year we won the cup and finished 11th. Mooy was released by Danny in his infinite wisdom the summer before and Murray and Thomson left then too.

Imrie was certainty rightly left out the 12/13 starting 11. He was and is a worse player than the likes of McLean, Teale, Carey, J McGinn, Newton, McGowan and of course Isma.

My point was simply that if Imrie (or indeed any of those players) were playing for us today (apart from Teale since he retired!) he’d be the first name on the team sheet and our best player.

Even though our league position is the same as five years ago, our team is much, much weaker.

Didn't connect it with the earlier post. :toilet

5 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

Going by tonights team/line up you can see OK is still looking for that winning combination

Jones in for Baird and Smith in for Mullen

you have got to say he IS trying and i hope it works tonight

2-1 saints

Where are you hearing this?

Thanks EAB! :toilet

Edited by Bud the Baker