faraway saint

St Mirren v Motherwell Wed 31st Oct

On Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 7:30 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

We can this weekend .

Unfortunately we weren't able to turn the clock back v St Johnstone. Motherwell won't be any easier. 3 points out of the next three games perhaps?  Motherwell (H) Govan  (H) and Dundee  (A).

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Unfortunately we weren't able to turn the clock back v St Johnstone. Motherwell won't be any easier. 3 points out of the next three games perhaps?  Motherwell (H) Govan  (H) and Dundee  (A).

Let's aim for nine. 

I wish I had something more positive to say, however, realistically I can foresee us being out muscled in the midfield, leaving our defense exposed and very little in the way of chances or shots on target.....

i.e. The story of every game (except sellick) this season.

I'll be there though, in hope more than expectation. 

10 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

I wish I had something more positive to say, however, realistically I can foresee us being out muscled in the midfield, leaving our defense exposed and very little in the way of chances or shots on target.....

Motherwells results have been as poor as ours.

The only game I seen them play was against Rangers and they absolutely battered them in the last 10-15 minutes to grab a well deserved draw.

Maybe that was their "Celtic" game? 

Edited by faraway saint

5 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

I'll be there too. Taking a guest to his first St Mirren game! Hoping!!!

Motherwell fans not very confident, although plenty pf posts along the lines of "If we can't beat this mob the managers a goner" :lol:

Oh, watch our crowd average drop like a stone after this game, midweek, Halloween, two shit teams, away support hardly interested..................:thumbsdown

3000 or so. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Motherwell fans not very confident, although plenty pf posts along the lines of "If we can't beat this mob the managers a goner" :lol:

Oh, watch our crowd average drop like a stone after this game, midweek, Halloween, two shit teams, away support hardly interested..................:thumbsdown

3000 or so. 

On the other hand.  Somehow win these two and see where that takes us.  Faint heart never won a lady or a football match. 

From the Motherwell forum below.................with our half decent home form we, surely, MUST take something from the next two games. 

Motherwell, IMO, have the best opportunity to crawl away from the dreaded bottom two positions. 

This is such a huge game given our fixtures over November and December but also our relegation rivals’ games over the next couple of weeks;

Motherwell - St Mirren (A), Dundee (H)

St Mirren - Motherwell (H), Rangers (H)

Dundee - Celtic (H), Motherwell (A)

Accies - Aberdeen (A), Livi (H)

Each of the bottom 4 will have similar targets and wishes.  That's Premiership Football at the bottom of the table. Each needs to grind out results to stay in touch and/or to gain a little advantage. 

Edited by St.Ricky