St Mirren v Motherwell Wed 31st Oct

faraway saint

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

FT 0-2

Scoreline probably flattered us again. Goodness me we really are shite.

Take it those Saints fans who said we have improved since Stubbs left are now abandoning that? Poor Oran is a nice fella, but he has no idea what he’s doing.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say we would have got more than 1 point from the last 7 games if Stubbs was still here.

Worst I’ve seen us this season tonight, and that really is saying something. We just have nothing going for us. Even at 0-2 against the team one above us there’s no dig, no organisation, no quality, no chances. Brutal stuff. I can’t believe we’re not bottom emoji16.png

As for Motherwell, the old song sums it up fine: You’re nothing special, we lose every week.

Sounds dire, agree with the Stubbs line though. It would have been very much Rae-Esque, but would have won points.

when's Oran's Q & A night, and what are the odds on it being pulled?

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

FT 0-2

Scoreline probably flattered us again. Goodness me we really are shite.

Take it those Saints fans who said we have improved since Stubbs left are now abandoning that? Poor Oran is a nice fella, but he has no idea what he’s doing.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say we would have got more than 1 point from the last 7 games if Stubbs was still here.

Worst I’ve seen us this season tonight, and that really is saying something. We just have nothing going for us. Even at 0-2 against the team one above us there’s no dig, no organisation, no quality, no chances. Brutal stuff. I can’t believe we’re not bottom emoji16.png

As for Motherwell, the old song sums it up fine: You’re nothing special, we lose every week.

Can't disagree with any of this....Sadly

Not sure why the forum loonies feel the need to harp back to Stubbs after every match, but don't pretend it would have been any better. We would still have Kpekewa at centre back rather than Ferdinand. We would have 0 from 7 games, no doubt about it!

Stubbs is gone though, and while the squad is not the best Kearney needs to be doing better than this. Motherwell were on a very poor run, no excuses at all for not being able to compete at home.

Gordon Scott is going to have a lot of questions to answer if we make a huge financial loss this season only to go down without as much as a whimper.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Not sure why the forum loonies feel the need to harp back to Stubbs after every match, but don't pretend it would have been any better. We would still have Kpekewa at centre back rather than Ferdinand. We would have 0 from 7 games, no doubt about it!

Stubbs is gone though, and while the squad is not the best Kearney needs to be doing better than this. Motherwell were on a very poor run, no excuses at all for not being able to compete at home.

Gordon Scott is going to have a lot of questions to answer if we make a huge financial loss this season only to go down without as much as a whimper.

Actually it was Stubbs who was bringing in Ferdinand! Guess he knew he'd arsed it uo with Kpwenka.

Just now, Kemp said:

Indeed.

The "Stubbs" impact is running thin, not a lot to show the new manager is any better.

Going down will be shite, make no doubt about it, especially with a whimper..............................what a game it's going to be against Dundee. 

Think we can say we’re officially in the Sh*te now. We don’t have the players and don’t have the mentality or organisation to try and grind out a result. I thought we did after the Celtic game, but we seem to be getting lower and lower in confidence and belief since then.
We keep looking towards the transfer window, but can we pin all our hopes on that? Be interesting to see how much Dundee and our board can back their respective managers financially. Dire times with very little light at the end of the tunnel.
Still, I fully expect us to beat Sevco on Saturday. [emoji51]

Just now, Balmullo Bud said:

Think we can say we’re officially in the Sh*te now. We don’t have the players and don’t have the mentality or organisation to try and grind out a result. I thought we did after the Celtic game, but we seem to be getting lower and lower in confidence and belief since then.
We keep looking towards the transfer window, but can we pin all our hopes on that? Be interesting to see how much Dundee and our board can back their respective managers financially. Dire times with very little light at the end of the tunnel.
Still, I fully expect us to beat Sevco on Saturday. emoji51.png

When we played Celtic they were on a really poor run of form.

Since then, a couple of "good performances" at home, a few pumpings and we are where we are, deep in the shit. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed.

The "Stubbs" impact is running thin, not a lot to show the new manager is any better.

Going down will be shite, make no doubt about it, especially with a whimper..............................what a game it's going to be against Dundee. 

Kearney needs to be told in no uncertain terms to stop fannying about with formation changes, and with players out of position.

We did play well in large parts of the game against Celtic, Hibs and Kilmarnock. Going forwards as well as in defence. That was a sign of progress at least. 

Get Jimmy Nicholl in if it helps, and then get these players drilled on playing one formation with 11 of the squad of 30+ playing in their favoured positions. Won't work every week but it will stop the garbage we have seen against Hamilton and Motherwell.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Kearney needs to be told in no uncertain terms to stop fannying about with formation changes, and with players out of position.

We did play well in large parts of the game against Celtic, Hibs and Kilmarnock. Going forwards as well as in defence. That was a sign of progress at least. 

Get Jimmy Nicholl in if it helps, and then get these players drilled on playing one formation with 11 of the squad of 30+ playing in their favoured positions. Won't work every week but it will stop the garbage we have seen against Hamilton and Motherwell.

And Aberdeen and St Johnstone. 

Just now, W6Saint said:

Good to see the spirit of Halloween lives on, Alfie Jones dressing up as a footballer this evening.

Aside from that we played 90 mins of hoofball to dwarves, our keeper gifted a goal with his usual list of errors and we struggled to string 3 passes together. 

Grim.

On the plus side..............................feck, we play Rangers next. :(

Guest TPAFKATS
I would agree that changing formation and ayers position isn't helpful however Oran Kearney is the manager and should be allowed to do so without interference from others at the club.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I would agree that changing formation and ayers position isn't helpful however Oran Kearney is the manager and should be allowed to do so without interference from others at the club.

Well he's not doing it.

Time to make expectations clear to him.

That was brutal. The lack of confidence certainly doesn't help but long balls into a big, stout Motherwell defence will have only one outcome. We are physically not at the races in this league and unless we are able to do something radical in January window just cannot see us finishing better than eleventh. There was nothing in this performance to give hope to the home support. Felt sorry for simeon as he had nothing to work with all night. Anton was definitely our man of the match