St Mirren v Motherwell Wed 31st Oct

faraway saint

5 hours ago, shull said:

That would be smashing. Time I got summat back after all the money I have had ripped off me from Football. 

All expenses paid working trip to Torquay and back and a tidy wee profit also. 

Could do a special live video feed  from my Cab all the way down and back again especially for the Forum Masses. 

Maybe Stu Dickson could be the dude with the Mic live from the Car. 

Cannae wait. 

Incidently how much ? Got a few passengers in mind :wink:

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

With Dundee away to Celtic while we play Motherwell this could be one of many massive games this season.

Not only could we create a gap between ourselves and Dundee we would leapfrog Motherwell and possibly even Hamilton.

What a difference that could make to the team and support/fans.

Or if Dundee and us win then we will be closer to catching Celtic and eventually Hearts. 

There is a league title to aim for. 

Not to feck about playing with the shite at the foot of the Table. 

Be positive. 

51 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You’ll not get much argument from me on that one !
However , hopes , dreams and aspirations should be set aside from realistic targets and whether we like it or not , winning this league at any time , far less out current predicament is a target which is unrealistic.

Indeed CG, indeed. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

8 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You’ll not get much argument from me on that one !
However , hopes , dreams and aspirations should be set aside from realistic targets and whether we like it or not , winning this league at any time , far less out current predicament is a target which is unrealistic.

Dreams are fun though CG.  Aiming high is OK as long as you don't crash and burn.  No reason why we couldn't establish ourselves as a regular top six club over the next few years.  No certainty either.  Finish above 2 others and our season will have been a success.  Finish 4 or 5 clear of the bottom would be great.  To do so,  we have to finish above Dundee, Hamilton and Motherwell and maybe St Johnstone. Look at the cash dished out today to Premiership Clubs from last season's European competitions.  Add prize money and we have a chance to step ahead of our Championship Clubs for a while at least. 

32 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Dreams are fun though CG.  Aiming high is OK as long as you don't crash and burn.  No reason why we couldn't establish ourselves as a regular top six club over the next few years.  No certainty either.  Finish above 2 others and our season will have been a success.  Finish 4 or 5 clear of the bottom would be great.  To do so,  we have to finish above Dundee, Hamilton and Motherwell and maybe St Johnstone. Look at the cash dished out today to Premiership Clubs from last season's European competitions.  Add prize money and we have a chance to step ahead of our Championship Clubs for a while at least. 

We don't get a penny of the Euro cash dished out today !

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

With Dundee away to Celtic while we play Motherwell this could be one of many massive games this season.

Not only could we create a gap between ourselves and Dundee we would leapfrog Motherwell and possibly even Hamilton.

What a difference that could make to the team and support/fans.

We play the fakes first though and could already have leapfrogged  Well and Hamilton before we play Well...

Strangely enough, I think we could just win against the fakes... it would be no mean task, and away from home... but this is the kind of game we need a lift from...

3 points would certainly do that   :D

I am more worried about the Well game... They are the kind of team we have always been good at helping to get their season back on track. The vast majority of their team were the ones that got them to 2 cup finals last year, and they are very physical... though the central defender Kripke  was sold and he was real solid.. they miss him greatly and so their defence is certainly more vulnerable...their averaging about 1 goal a game and leaking 2.  I'd bite a hand off for a 2 v 1 against them every time this season...

It would be a dream come true to take 6 points from the next 2 games... highly unlikely as that is … However, it would lift us and give us a bit of much needed space from the other 3 and bring us nearer to the Fakes... To do this, lots of things need to be right for the full 90 minutes in each game, even if luck is needed, I 'd take it...

I would rather be a prophet than a dreamer though - C O Y S

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Spot on but we will get a share next year. 

We will but two clubs in the Europa brings in nowhere near as much as Celtic earned via the Champions League last season but every little helps and it's cash like this that have meant clubs like Killie seem miles ahead of us at the moment. Staying in the top league is the only way the club can developed financially.