St Mirren v Motherwell Wed 31st Oct

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Exactly! So all the clubs round about us in the league have just had £370,000 added to their budget! A huge disadvantage to us I'm afraid.

We can't turn the clock back. What we can do is stay in this league and collect what falls due next season.

3 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Exactly! So all the clubs round about us in the league have just had £370,000 added to their budget! A huge disadvantage to us I'm afraid.

Not all the other clubs sold or benefited from the sale of a player -  We got approx.  £900,000 from the John McGinn transfer

So that was a disadvantage to others as well...

We cut our cloth, take our pain BUT build for the future where we get as much of the benefits as possible.. and then... (Don't ask Tony - he is way ahead of the rest of us)

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

Unfortunately watching it once will probably be enough.:rolleyes:

Shesh ma norsik St Mirren va television nask mach nich vorga telephone. Na briach noch Motherwell Scoltad farish steelish vs buddish nach ye wid nach ya widnish.  Aye you have a point FT OF. 

After five losses on the bounce, we are almost veering into must win territory in this match. It’s certainly a must not lose.

If we can’t get points in games at home to tenth place, when can we?

I said before the Kilmarnock game that we needed something to stop the interminable rot. Two losses later and we need that even more.

A win, even a wee point... just give us something to cling to St Mirren.

On 10/25/2018 at 4:19 PM, oaksoft said:

Corporate-speak alert. 

People who talk like that should be weighed down with bricks and kicked into the sea. :P

Corporate speak is essential at times like this. We need the BoD to roll out our 3 year plan where everything always comes good at the end of year 3. Works every time.

Corporate speak is essential at times like this. We need the BoD to roll out our 3 year plan where everything always comes good at the end of year 3. Works every time.

Aren’t we supposed to be winning the Scottish Premiership in 2019?

Sure that was the end of good old Tony’s 3 year plan in 2016...

11 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Aren’t we supposed to be winning the Scottish Premiership in 2019?

Sure that was the end of good old Tony’s 3 year plan in 2016...

And there lies one of our problems. Robbie Nelson seems to have Dundee Utd back on track but appears to have been scared off us by our unrealistic ambitions. Wonder if that was Tony.  Tony was a great player for us but has failed in all other roles ie manager and CEO. He seems a genuinely nice guy but I fear his influence may, unwittingly, be negative. 

And there lies one of our problems. Robbie Nelson seems to have Dundee Utd back on track but appears to have been scared off us by our unrealistic ambitions. Wonder if that was Tony.  Tony was a great player for us but has failed in all other roles ie manager and CEO. He seems a genuinely nice guy but I fear his influence may, unwittingly, be negative. 

Absolutely agree.

Tony is a lovely guy who is fantastic at shaking hands and taking selfies in hospitality. He’d be ideal in an ambassadorial role.

He’s never a CEO in a million years though. Remember that time he said Ricky Gillies could play for the great AC Milan side in the 90’s? [emoji52]

10 hours ago, Hambud said:

Go on.. seeing as you know everything that goes on on this forum....find us posts where any person actually thought he was talking sense.

Ps I'm asking nicely.

Fill yer boots.................I'll not quote anybody in particular, they have made enough of a cnut of themselves.