Dundee v St Mirren+ V@A Visit.

St.Ricky

Can we repeat our opening day win against Dundee? Both teams under new management and both managers were applicants for the Saint Mirren job. They a real so the onlyteam below is in the league at time of writing.  Tie in a visit to The V and A.   Your thoughts on the match and the V and A. Will you be at both that day? 

Edited by St.Ricky

18 hours ago, shull said:

I wont be at Dens Park or the V&A.

The V&A would be more appealing though.

How much are Dundee FC going to be ripping us off by ?

Pretty typical prices I would say. 

Big playing surface at Dens usually gives footballers a chance to express themselves.  Mallon's goal comes to mind.

But you are right.  People can choose to pay or stay away. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Pretty typical prices mean a total rip off at the Admission Gate. 

Emotional extortion mean quite a few fans have no choice and will pay the disgracefully inflated prices and all that money will go to Dundee. 

Making some Saints fans being Dundee supporters for the day. 

15 minutes ago, shull said:

Pretty typical prices mean a total rip off at the Admission Gate. 

Emotional extortion mean quite a few fans have no choice and will pay the disgracefully inflated prices and all that money will go to Dundee. 

Making some Saints fans being Dundee supporters for the day. 

Pay or stay away is the deal. I respect your decision. 

Already said that I would prefer gates were shared 50/50 but they are not. 

Happy to welcome Away supporters to Paisley and happy to be an away supporter at away games. 

• 2 weeks later...

Think we will get something here. Surely... At least a draw?

Dundee remarkably seem to be even worse than us. Well they are worse than us because Alan Stubbs led us to victory over them. If they had even got a draw that day then they would be...

Seen a few people asking about the OK must go thread. You’ll get it if we lose this. I’m not having any excuses for losing 8 games on the spin.

Currently swallowing excuses for 7 losses in a row and matching half century old records. No more.

Must not lose. If we do lose, go straight to the Championship, do not pass go, do not collect...

1-1

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Dundee remarkably seem to be even worse than us. Well they are worse than us because Alan Stubbs led us to victory over them. If they had even got a draw that day then they would be...

Seen a few people asking about the OK must go thread. You’ll get it if we lose this. I’m not having any excuses for losing 8 games on the spin.

Currently swallowing excuses for 7 losses in a row and matching half century old records. No more.

Must not lose. If we do lose, go straight to the Championship, do not pass go, do not collect...

1-1

Why don't you just get your sack Kearney thread going, you have been wanting to start it for 8 matches now. You could start up your reinstate Stubbs thread too. Not quite sure what kind of thread you want to start for Jack Ross as you called that really well the last time ! 

Edited by lenziebud

5 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Why don't you just get your sack Kearney thread going, you have been wanting to start it for 8 matches now. You could start up your reinstate Stubbs thread too. Not quite sure what kind of thread you want to start for Jack Ross as you called that really well the last time ! 

TBH there was a sack Jack Ross thread, way before it was, and never became, a realistic choice, there was a sack Alan Stubbs thread, stupidly way before it should have been started, but that's generally ignored. 

Would it be unreasonable to start one now or soon.....................yes, but knowing our support. 

13 hours ago, TopCat said:

1-1

Do you seriously think we can change a manager every few month let your emotions drop for just a minute. Next what is Oran's team ? Ferdinand ? Hammil ? Jackson.  Personally I will be very surprised if we come away with anything evidence being our away performances in every away game so far. If we are to pick up points it will be at home at least until January arrives in my opinion. As for you starting another manager must go thread It is your name that will go through the gutter not Oran. Wise up. 

I can't see us winning this. At best a dull nil, nil draw. I was hopeful of Jackson supplying goals but, on what we've seen so far, he doesn't seem brave enough on the ball. Our best chance of a goal appears to be set pieces. Probably bottom of the league by 5 on the 10th. I also don't think January is going to save us as, even if OK gets the board's backing, Dundee will splash the cash to a greater extent and, in McIntyre, they have a manager whose went through this exact scenario on more than one occasion when in charge of Ross County.

TBH there was a sack Jack Ross thread, way before it was, and never became, a realistic choice, there was a sack Alan Stubbs thread, stupidly way before it should have been started, but that's generally ignored. 
Would it be unreasonable to start one now or soon.....................yes, but knowing our support. 

The sack stubbs thread was started as a joke I think.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I can't see us winning this. At best a dull nil, nil draw. I was hopeful of Jackson supplying goals but, on what we've seen so far, he doesn't seem brave enough on the ball. Our best chance of a goal appears to be set pieces. Probably bottom of the league by 5 on the 10th. I also don't think January is going to save us as, even if OK gets the board's backing, Dundee will splash the cash to a greater extent and, in McIntyre, they have a manager whose went through this exact scenario on more than one occasion when in charge of Ross County.

It's been said for weeks "hopefully we can stay in touch in our wee league of four until January" , it's a wee league of two now , and I doubt either will survive this season in this league !

21 hours ago, TopCat said:

My public has been demanding more of my work :lol:

It's one to tell the Grandkids about. "I was the fanny that constantly started threads about firing managers"