Dundee v St Mirren+ V@A Visit.

St.Ricky

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Folk can say what they like about OK and how he's worrying them but that is absolutely something a manager would not instil in his team to do.

How do you coach confidence into a bunch of guys who have none?

I'd be getting Willock on because at least he likes to carry the ball forward. We need another two or three like that as a priority.

Pick the right players, play them in positions they are confident with. 

Not sure what is happening with Ethan & Paul McGinn today. All over the shop.

Im sorry but guys like Jones, McShane and Edwards cant compete at this level.

Agree totally with Willock, he can bring some composure to the midfield.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Folk can say what they like about OK and how he's worrying them but that is absolutely something a manager would not instil in his team to do.

I'd be getting Willock on because at least he likes to carry the ball forward. We need another two or three like that as a priority.

Spot on re lack of confidence. Far too easy to blame the manager for a team and squad which is almost entirely not of his making. All managers need time. Do we want to go back to giving them 4 or 5 months at a time before getting rid?

The manager should and must get time to do the job. My feeling now is the same as when he was appointed - give him time to do the job and get his own players in.

Lucky to be level at HT.
Changes ? Hamill been invisible, looks off the pace of the game. Edwards, before he gets sent off ?

Just now, Soctty said:

Spot on re lack of confidence. Far too easy to blame the manager for a team and squad which is almost entirely not of his making. All managers need time. Do we want to go back to giving them 4 or 5 months at a time before getting rid?

The manager should and must get time to do the job. My feeling now is the same as when he was appointed - give him time to do the job and get his own players in.

Kearney will be given the season, as he should. He hasn't done a good enough job yet though. Too much messing about with formations and chopping and changing with the line-up. The result is this f**king mess, nobody looks to have any confidence at all.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Correct. Unfortunately though, we're in a bit of a bind in terms of quality.

Add Hodson and Paul McGinn to that as well for me.

Jones for Baird and Willock for McShane, aye.

What are we replacing Edwards with from that squad, though?

P McGinn not having his best game for us - in midfield ?
Willock to come on and I'm. Sure we'll see Mullen before long. We are not playing well but Dundee's defence looks at least as bad as ours. We just need to put hem under more pressure.

And shoot when we get sight of the goal. Every time we get within 30 yards of it.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Is Hammill playing?

Well you learn something new....

Again, like Simeon, he's a player who would benefit immensely from deeper players who actually make the ball stick and move it into dangerous areas of the park instead of blootering it as far away as possible at the first opportunity like it's laced with Smallpox.

I actually feel sorry for Jackson and Hammill. If the players are insistent on doing this though, get Edwards to f**k off and put Cooke up there to at least try and win headers to knock down.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Kearney will be given the season, as he should. He hasn't done a good enough job yet though. Too much messing about with formations and chopping and changing with the line-up. The result is this f**king mess, nobody looks to have any confidence at all.

He's got a squad that isn't good enough or balanced enough. Everything else is a consequence of that. 

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

You not got anything better to today, Allan?

Dont think anyone disagreed with McShane being told to go. He is a Championship / League 1 player.

Why are Willock and McGinn on the bench and he is playing ? ? ? ?

Edited by Sweeper07

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

4 TOLD TO GO! :lol:

I had no issue with any of the players being told to go as long as the replacements were better.

McShane being told to go was fine in my book as the rumours were that we'd have been replacing him with Liam Polworth which would have been a clear step up in overall squad quality.