Dundee v St Mirren+ V@A Visit.

St.Ricky

Home, thank feck. 

Overall both teams are poor, I'm not looking for Barcelona quality just the basics, control, passing and some sort of threat.

Alas not much was on offer.

Soft penalty, Kenny "been shite all season" Miller pops in the equaliser and at that point I feared the worst.

We actually finished the stronger, as much to do with them being chronic but we could have nicked it.

A point's welcome, nothing much more to suggest we're good enough to get out of the relegation battle. 

Speaking of revisionism, you know fine well that the extent of both players' injuries weren't known at that point.
If they were, neither would have been told to leave at that point as our chances of getting shot of players with 6 month lay offs would have been nil.
I don't know if you think any of this backtracking and hypocrisy was from me but I can assure you it wasn't. I had concerns about the player turnover but had no gripes if the guys coming in were better.

Hang on, Stubbs told 2 players who had horrendous injury records that they could go.

Mack only managed 14 games last season. Eck has only ever managed a max of 26 games in one season and Stubbs has managed him before.

They’re now well into their 30s.

They’ve been injured ever since.

Do you not reckon that that was predictable?

Stubbs called it absolutely correctly yet he was slaughtered for it by the fools on this forum!

Home, thank feck. 
Overall both teams are poor, I'm not looking for Barcelona quality just the basics, control, passing and some sort of threat.
Alas not much was on offer.
Soft penalty, Kenny "been shite all season" Miller pops in the equaliser and at that point I feared the worst.
We actually finished the stronger, as much to do with them being chronic but we could have nicked it.
A point's welcome, nothing much more to suggest we're good enough to get out of the relegation battle. 

On the plus side, your wife and I had a nice afternoon while you were out.

The one thing that remains abundantly clear is that Allan Stubbs blew our budget signing a lot of shite! At least we have plenty of time to work on identifying players for the January sales!

Ferdinand and Jackson have added to the team, that's the one area where Kearney has given me confidence so far.

Poor game, could tell that both teams were severely lacking in confidence. However, the effort was there and a point is slightly better for us than for them.

Also, for those who criticise Steven McGinn, he was injured last week, expected to miss out today, still took a place on the bench and was the best player on the park when he came on. With Kyle back as well, that gives us hopefully a better balance in midfield.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Nope. Not on chrome either. I’m probably doing something wrong. I’m shite at stuff like this :lol:

It might be your firewall correctly protecting you from all these dodgy offshore websites.

Remember these sites are offering an illegal service so they are probably being run by criminals in Asia and Eastern Europe and they don't offer free stuff without a cost.

I wouldn't go near these places using Windows.

26 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Poor game, could tell that both teams were severely lacking in confidence. However, the effort was there and a point is slightly better for us than for them.

Also, for those who criticise Steven McGinn, he was injured last week, expected to miss out today, still took a place on the bench and was the best player on the park when he came on. With Kyle back as well, that gives us hopefully a better balance in midfield.

Agree with this. Also thought that Jones had a good game (and I am a fan of Jack Baird).. Lots of effort from both sides. 

Given that we probably won’t clear out as many in January as Jack did in his purge we’ve got to hope that some of the players can elevate their game when we add a bit more quality.

Outside of Sammy, Ferdinand, Stephen McGinn, Magennis and Jackson I wouldn’t be too disappointed if the rest of them left as there are so many poor footballers in that squad. (I’m excluding the young boys in this)

That being said, the above bunch gives a decent spine at this level so if we can add 4 or 5 starters to the squad we might still have a chance to get out of this mess but they need to be either decent quality or physically imposing (both would be preferable) as we’ll need a bit of dig when it gets to business end of the season.

59 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The one thing that remains abundantly clear is that Allan Stubbs blew our budget signing a lot of shite! At least we have plenty of time to work on identifying players for the January sales!

Ferdinand and Jackson have added to the team, that's the one area where Kearney has given me confidence so far.

Agree on the Ferdinand and Jackson signings. Jury is still out on Hammill for me. 

Good performances from Erhahon, Magennis and Stephen McGinn today. Clear that the latter two are miles better than any other midfielders we have in the squad when they're on their game.

Edwards continues to frustrate. He works hard but I don't think he's had the ball under control his whole time here.

The right hand side experiment definitely didn't work. Paul McGinn isn't very good when within 30 yards of the goal and Hodson just isn't very good.

Seems that there were a few penalty decisions today. Missed the challenge for the one we got(was in the toilet), but the challenge on Magennis when he was bursting into the box from the left looked like a pen from the main stand. Was right in front of the Saints end so most there would have a better view???
The challenge on Mullen in injury time looked a stonewaller.

Seems that there were a few penalty decisions today. Missed the challenge for the one we got(was in the toilet), but the challenge on Magennis when he was bursting into the box from the left looked like a pen from the main stand.

Was definitely not a penalty. What a run from Magennis though. From his own box all the way through to theirs. 

So glad he's back.

Guest TPAFKATS

First point away from home and Hamilton took a tanking.
Great to see magennis back as we've really missed him.
Dundee would've been targeting 3 points from this. Another dollop of disappointment for them.

Positives today are  -  a point; getting a result away from home; and Magennis, McGinn and Smith playing some decent football on the deck for the last 15/20 mins. Get these three in the starting line-up for the next game. And Oran, please tell everyone to stop crosses getting into our box. Dundee were doing it at will while we stood two yards off them and watched.