Dundee v St Mirren+ V@A Visit.

St.Ricky

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Hang on, Stubbs told 2 players who had horrendous injury records that they could go.

Mack only managed 14 games last season. Eck has only ever managed a max of 26 games in one season and Stubbs has managed him before.

They’re now well into their 30s.

They’ve been injured ever since.

Do you not reckon that that was predictable?

Stubbs called it absolutely correctly yet he was slaughtered for it by the fools on this forum!

How many games did MacKenzie play the season before that?

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Agree with this. Also thought that Jones had a good game (and I am a fan of Jack Baird).. Lots of effort from both sides. 

Thought Kallman gave him a torrid time and completely bullied him. Was never so glad to see a player go off. His substitution and the introduction of McGinn swung the game in our favour, The only St Mirren player capable of getting the ball down, making a yard for himself and make a pass that finds a fellow St Mirren player. Also for Kyle Magennis to come back and play 90 minutes like that was a great plus.

I believe a wise forum user once said we would notice something alarming when S McGinn wasn’t in the team...

Think it’s time for a lot of people to wisen up: what did we expect our first season back to be (and that’s before Stubbs got his hands on our squad). 

This is the Premiership and this is a relegation battle, we’ve certainly experienced our fair share... would think the fans knew the script by now.

I seen some negatives today and I seen some positives. I seen 11 players and a manager fighting for the badge, can’t really ask for much more than that. 

Hang on, Stubbs told 2 players who had horrendous injury records that they could go.

Mack only managed 14 games last season. Eck has only ever managed a max of 26 games in one season and Stubbs has managed him before.

They’re now well into their 30s.

They’ve been injured ever since.

Do you not reckon that that was predictable?

Stubbs called it absolutely correctly yet he was slaughtered for it by the fools on this forum!

Stubbs might have called it correct but you haven’t! Stubbs has never managed Adam Eckersley.

EDIT.... Sorry Wendy Saints, I got that one wrong. He was managed by Stubbs but didn’t play under him. I hope I’ve got THAT right!

Genuinely worried about Oran's misguided tactics of continually replacing players, by putting the replacement out of their proper position. And starting today with a midfield of Mcshane, Magennis, and Erhahon sitting way too deep and wide.

McShane was posted AWOL again for most of the game, the guy just isnt a midfielder. To play Magennis from the off after so long out, which only served to unbalance the side that performed well for 80 mins last week was wrong, Oran should have gone with Erhahon and Willock in midfield, and if you must one of either Magennis or McGinn, and Hodson back. Does he intend to continue changing every game all the way up to the January break, only to continue chopping and changing after that if he brings in any new faces?

how does a side build confidence, belief and understanding if its never anything like the same team for two games in a row?

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Genuinely worried about Oran's misguided tactics of continually replacing players, by putting the replacement out of their proper position. And starting today with a midfield of Mcshane, Magennis, and Erhahon sitting way too deep and wide.

McShane was posted AWOL again for most of the game, the guy just isnt a midfielder. To play Magennis from the off after so long out, which only served to unbalance the side that performed well for 80 mins last week was wrong, Oran should have gone with Erhahon and Willock in midfield, and if you must one of either Magennis or McGinn, and Hodson back. Does he intend to continue changing every game all the way up to the January break, only to continue chopping and changing after that if he brings in any new faces?

how does a side build confidence, belief and understanding if its never anything like the same team for two games in a row?

Erhahon played fullback.(the same position as he played last week) If you can't even get that right the rest of your post really is irrelevant as you clearly haven't a clue what you are taking about.

2 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Erhahon played fullback.(the same position as he played last week) If you can't even get that right the rest of your post really is irrelevant as you clearly haven't a clue what you are taking about.

Yep, he has that completely wrong. And Magennis had a great game, we would have lost without him.

Otherwise though, the point is correct. Kearney chops and changes every week even when we have played well and it results in players not knowing what they are supposed to be doing (or knowing and not being able to do it!)

He's trying to use the best of the dross Stubbs left him the best way he can. I think when he gets some of his own players in things will get better. I'm right behind the gaffer. I don't think your and a few others petty jibes are doing anybody any good. Give him a chance. Coys

Back to the game. Thought 1st we were patchy. Def pen. 2nd half we had a dodgy spell but in the main were the better team. MOM by a country mile was Magennis outstanding. What a great boost to have him back. Great driving runs. And getting back to defend. Also another positive was young Ethan another good performance from the 17 year old and out of position again. Would like to see him in central midfield at some point this season. Jackson is a willing worker but need him in the box. Coys

Players have also to take responsibility. Edwards and McShane were OK against Sevco Scotland Ltd but yesterday, playing in the same positions as last week, could not find a team-mate with a pass. They  cannot go from good in one game to rotten in the next game.

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Yep, he has that completely wrong. And Magennis had a great game, we would have lost without him.

Otherwise though, the point is correct. Kearney chops and changes every week even when we have played well and it results in players not knowing what they are supposed to be doing (or knowing and not being able to do it!)

I'm pretty sure he is not chopping and changing every week for the sake of it! Injuries and finding out many are nowhere near the quality required to play at this level has forced his hand. I'd rather go with Oran who is seeing them in training every day of the week and knows the extent of their injuries than listen to someone who thinks Ethan was playing in Midfield! :hammer

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Players have also to take responsibility. Edwards and McShane were OK against Sevco Scotland Ltd but yesterday, playing in the same positions as last week, could not find a team-mate with a pass. They  cannot go from good in one game to rotten in the next game.

It's really frustrating, and must be for the manager, that this happens time after time.

Most of the time there's no real excuse, and the 2 you mention are not the only ones.

Fortunately Dundee were as guilty but, as other results have shown, other teams are not as bad as we are. 

It's basics, don't give the ball away needlessly.

4 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Really? So where was Hodson/ P McGinn playing? Several people couldnt make out where Erahahon was actually playing.

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

He's trying to use the best of the dross Stubbs left him the best way he can. I think when he gets some of his own players in things will get better. I'm right behind the gaffer. I don't think your and a few others petty jibes are doing anybody any good. Give him a chance. Coys

So when you leave early, and slag the team off thats ok, but when i raise a point about the distant chopping and changing thats a cheap jibe and i am not behind the team or manager? Away and bile yir heid!

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Really? So where was Hodson/ P McGinn playing? Several people couldnt make out where Erahahon was actually playing.

Erharon was left back the whole time he was on the pitch. Hodson was playing his apparently natural position of right back and Paul McGinn was playing right midfield in a 4-4-2 formation. When Erharon was injured with 20 mins or so left Hodson moved to left back and Paul McGinn moved to right back.