Racist Abuse on Ryan Air Flight

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, shull said:

He has already spoken. 

Read the title and stop fecking trolling. 

The title is taken from the title given to the clip by the Sun Newspaper.

Why so defensive?  Let him give his own views.  I'm sure he is capable of doing that. 

After all,  he started the thread. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Just now, St.Ricky said:

The title is taken from the title given to the clip by the Sun Newspaper.

Why so defensive?  Let him give his own views.  I'm sure he is capable of doing that. 

He has given his view. 

4 minutes ago, shull said:

He has given his view. 

No.. he hasn't. He has quoted the title of the clip given to it by the Sun Newspaper.  And he has quoted the male involved. 

I am not accusing him of any wrongdoing so am surprised to find you being defensive as if you felt that necessary.  Strange. 

Edited by St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Have you commented on the video.?

I merely asked a civilised question. 

Not interested in the Video. Heard about it the other day and thought, not nice and moved on. 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Not interested in the Video. Heard about it the other day and thought, not nice and moved on. 

Then let them man who started the thread give his opinion.  I look forward to it. I love people taking the time to start new threads and share their views whether or not I share their views.  No less, no more with this one.  Let F Man speak I say. 

49 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I see my old troll just can help himself, backed by snake who does his usual, likes a post and runs away, like a snake really. :lol:

Asking the thread starter for their opinion is hardly trolling. What's so difficult about the question that merely asks for you to give your own opinion?

I suggest a Forum Guidance counselling session, get the three of yous to meet up , have a wee chat, talk to each other, appreciate where each poster is coming from, shake hands, group hug and all post happily ever after. :P  :D  :P

Oh wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor management of the situation by the airline company.

Looking like there's limited options at this stage to take any action against this old cnut.

Should have been removed before the plane took off, probably Ryanair didn't wan't to incur any costs. 

The authorities in England have his details, unfortunately its' unlikely anything will/can be done.

In footage shared on social media, Gayle’s daughter tries to stand up to the man and tells him her mother is disabled, and the man says he does not care “whether she’s f**king disabled or not – if I tell her to get out, she gets out.”

Totally agree Faraway, also with today's society and everyone playing the victim it can be challenging working in a customer service role. I do believe the air steward could have done more but we haven't seen what started the scenario or what was said after the filming stopped. Hopefully Ryanair will do more.

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Poor management of the situation by the airline company.

Looking like there's limited options at this stage to take any action against this old cnut.

Should have been removed before the plane took off, probably Ryanair didn't wan't to incur any costs. 

The authorities in England have his details, unfortunately its' unlikely anything will/can be done.

In footage shared on social media, Gayle’s daughter tries to stand up to the man and tells him her mother is disabled, and the man says he does not care “whether she’s f**king disabled or not – if I tell her to get out, she gets out.”

Now that at least is an opinion.

"Should have been removed before the plane took off, probably Ryanair didn't wan't to incur any costs. "

Well done F Man

Me too.

Has also been reported to the Spanish authorities but, at time of posting, their scope for action is unclear but it is within their jurisdiction.

The least that Ryanair should do after a full investigation is to ban the offending individual.

Saw him compared to Zippy off Rainbow which made me laugh.

For me obvious mental health issue and handled badly by airline, although I expect they will learn lesson from it.

Interesting though if a black man had done this to a white woman whether mental health issues would be the first response or if the airline would have handled it the same . Very much doubt it.

5 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Saw him compared to Zippy off Rainbow which made me laugh.

For me obvious mental health issue and handled badly by airline, although I expect they will learn lesson from it.

Interesting though if a black man had done this to a white woman whether mental health issues would be the first response or if the airline would have handled it the same . Very much doubt it.

I don't understand this line of argument at all.

It WASNT a black man making the remarks. You have no way of knowing what the response would have been in that scenario.

We are not seeing the full clip or context here. I suspect the airline tried to find any response which would have calmed the situation down. On the surface it looks like they made the wrong call but we are only seeing a snippet of what happened.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I don't understand this line of argument at all.

It WASNT a black man making the remarks. You have no way of knowing what the response would have been in that scenario.

We are not seeing the full clip or context here. I suspect the airline tried to find any response which would have calmed the situation down. On the surface it looks like they made the wrong call but we are only seeing a snippet of what happened.

I guess since we are only seeing a "snippet" of what went on then there really isn't any point in commenting on this according to you. 

Also if this was a black man behaving like that I am pretty much 100% certain what would have happened

3 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I guess since we are only seeing a "snippet" of what went on then there really isn't any point in commenting on this according to you. 

Also if this was a black man behaving like that I am pretty much 100% certain what would have happened

We can comment but we can't really be going around nailing our colours to the mast without seeing all the evidence.

Only dunces do that and you are not a dunce right?

As for your last sentence, I have no idea what would happen and neither do you. You are making assumptions and dressing them up as certainty. People who do that are part of the problem.