Racist Abuse on Ryan Air Flight

faraway saint

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We can comment but we can't really be going around nailing our colours to the mast without seeing all the evidence.

Only dunces do that and you are not a dunce right?

As for your last sentence, I have no idea what would happen and neither do you. You are making assumptions and dressing them up as certainty. People who do that are part of the problem.

you go this bit right 

Edited by lenziebud

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Saw him compared to Zippy off Rainbow which made me laugh.

For me obvious mental health issue and handled badly by airline, although I expect they will learn lesson from it.

Interesting though if a black man had done this to a white woman whether mental health issues would be the first response or if the airline would have handled it the same . Very much doubt it.

Why the "leap" to obvious mental health issues? :blink:

I don't buy the idea that any bad behaviour can be almost excused as having mental health issues. 

Quite simply he comes across as an old racist cnut,

The incident is widely reported as starting because the lady took quite some time to move as she has arthritis, resulting in the old cnut dishing out abuse.

As I've said,and I agree, very badly handled, lacking anyone to take any action or make a decision.

In fact the lady was asked to move, quite simply adding to her stress. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Why the "leap" to obvious mental health issues? :blink:

I don't buy the idea that any bad behaviour can be almost excused as having mental health issues. 

Quite simply he comes across as an old racist cnut,

The incident is widely reported as starting because the lady took quite some time to move as she has arthritis, resulting in the old cnut dishing out abuse.

As I've said,and I agree, very badly handled, lacing anyone to take any action or make a decision.

In fact the lady was asked to move, quite simply adding to her stress. 

Just my gut feel viewing the incident but I agree with you on  "any bad behaviour can be almost excused as having mental health issues"

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I see my old troll just can help himself, backed by snake who does his usual, likes a post and runs away, like a snake really. :lol:

I've never seen a snake run.  

What has Ian done to be given that monicker?   it's not as if he has done something as low and thick as sending a PM to someone, urging them to come down hard on another forum user only to find he is talking to and about the same person.

That would be so low as to warrant the name "snake", or indeed "Creepy".

And what is wrong with liking a post? you do it often enough yourself.  Seems to me you are getting a wee bit paranoid.

Just now, beyond our ken said:

What has Ian done to be given that monicker?   it's not as if he has done something as low and thick as sending a PM to someone, urging them to come down hard on another forum user only to find he is talking to and about the same person.

And what is wrong with liking a post? you do it often enough yourself.  Seems to me you are getting a wee bit paranoid.

It's not aimed at Ian, your recent efforts to save the simple are embarrassing, run along.  :byebye

Show me the proof of this please, or shut the feck up?  <_<

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's not aimed at Ian, your recent efforts to save the simple are embarrassing, run along.  :byebye

Show me the proof of this please, or shut the feck up?  <_<

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

The poor man doesn't know which way to turn next.

Paranoid might be a bit harsh but then so are a number of the man's posts.

20 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Just my gut feel viewing the incident but I agree with you on  "any bad behaviour can be almost excused as having mental health issues"

I'd agree, the man certainly doesn't come across as being the full shilling.  What is often not recognised is that mental health is not an excuse, many sufferers are aware of their actions and the consequences, they very often should be judged and get the same punishment as those classed as being fully competent and cognisant 

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I'd agree, the man certainly doesn't come across as being the full shilling.  What is often not recognised is that mental health is not an excuse, many sufferers are aware of their actions and the consequences, they very often should be judged and get the same punishment as those classed as being fully competent and cognisant 

Mitigating at best. Not the same but similar in some cases at least to the argument of being under the influence of drink or drugs when committing a crime.

I dont know where the mental health isues line is coming from .He may well have some , we dont yet know . but the elderly woman involved did not deserve to be spoken to like that by anyone .

From what i have seen in the video, which granted , is only a part of what happened , he is lucky the old woman didnt have a 6ft 3 in son with her to knock some manners into the old f**ker.  He came across as a foul mouthed (& apparantly smelly ) racist and should be ashamed of his behaviour ..

4 hours ago, shull said:

Indeed I have and many a compliment. 

However there has not been a snake called Ian today. 

So who is the big man calling a snake?  A snake that can run, if there is any such thing.

But he did refer to a decent poster as simple, pretty reprehensible behaviour from someone who once claimed to work in "education"

2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

So who is the big man calling a snake?  A snake that can run, if there is any such thing.

But he did refer to a decent poster as simple, pretty reprehensible behaviour from someone who once claimed to work in "education"

I'll help you out here, snake is sainthislifetime.

No need to apologise. 

As for "simple" being reprehensible, away and have a look at your self........................creep. :byebye

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I see the Police have identified the man and passed his details to Spanish police , I wonder if the same anti racism legislation exists there ?
Are our laws on this EU rules or set by Westminster ?

As far as I'm aware this will be unlikely to result in any action that can be taken by the Spanish authorities as there's nothing in place to force extradition. 

This old piece of scum is not going to return to Spain to answer any allegations so it looks like he'll get off with this, all down, IMO, to the lack of action by the airline.