Goat Murdered On Scottish Island ?

shull

Goat it in the heed no less. It's been put out there because it's a celebrity fact is there is a cull every year to keep numbers down. They come from all over Europe to shoot deer ( woops ) over here it brings a lot of money to the Scottish economy. Salmon have feelings too. If you were to visit a slaughter house you would be shocked. I can see both arguments for and against. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

I think people know it goes on, however, for somebody to come over to our country and pose for pictures with the bloodied carcass of such a beautiful animal is disgusting.

Although she's done nothing illegal, posting these pictures all over social media while describing it as fun is piss poor.

Hope the bitch is never back in Scotland again.

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Goat it in the heed no less. It's been put out there because it's a celebrity fact is there is a cull every year to keep numbers down. They come from all over Europe to shoot dear over here it brings a lot of money to the Scottish economy. Salmon have feelings too. If you were to visit a slaughter house you would be shocked. I can see both arguments for and against. 

Didn't actually know that this happened here, certainly an eye opener. Not for it but totally appreciate why it is allowed to happen. Certainly generates a lot of money into the local economies. In a way I suppose it is similar to Grouse season. 

49 minutes ago, Buffs said:

I think people know it goes on, however, for somebody to come over to our country and pose for pictures with the bloodied carcass of such a beautiful animal is disgusting.

Although she's done nothing illegal, posting these pictures all over social media while describing it as fun is piss poor.

Hope the bitch is never back in Scotland again.

Yanks are right into Gun. There was a road sign going into Galveston I remember full of gun shoot holes. Different culture over there regarding firearms.  You make a valid point. 

You could point a finger at Deer Stalking as a parallel and in that argument, there is what is called the 'Deer Commission' who assess the deer numbers and say how many need to be 'taken out' to properly manage numbers on the land they live on and also manage the quality of the beasts.

I'm not aware of a 'Goat Commission' however, though again there might be an argument on an island that you have to manage numbers and then you get into a debate how you might manage that - I suppose shooting them becomes the favoured route as you can't really get up close and personal with a wild goat :unsure:

So from there it is a short step to make it into some kind of money making exercise for the land owner....................... :pirate

Not condoning her actions etc, but if she hadn't been daft and kept her  visual posts to just her friends, who presumably the photos were for, we would have been none the wiser.

Edited by The Original 59er

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Got off lightly these antelopes would have killed him , intelligent deer. 

A bit of a fairer fight. I don't like the idea of hunting for fun or profit.  Country folks might argue otherwise. 

"Nunbers" are culled is a polite way of saying that we have removed the natural predators which would have provided a natural ceiling and replaced these with humans killing them.

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

My question might be - how many animals (other than man)  kill for fun? 

PC Brigade Alert , eh it was a woman who shot the animal not a man, don't bring us men into it, we just pollute the BAWA forum with rubbish topics  :P

52 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

A bit of a fairer fight. I don't like the idea of hunting for fun or profit.  Country folks might argue otherwise. 

"Nunbers" are culled is a polite way of saying that we have removed the natural predators which would have provided a natural ceiling and replaced these with humans killing them.

I see it both way's Rick personally I hate cruelty to any animals , on the other hand I know hotel owners who survive on business from hunters from quite a few EU countries. Also know the lads who take the hunters out to make their living. Is that right ? It's open to question that's why I wrote Salmon have feelings too they are intelligent creatures we tend to look at fish differently. What I don't like is hunters showing off their kill. Also feel uncomfortable when I see trophy animals heads hanging from a wall. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I see it both way's Rick personally I hate cruelty to any animals , on the other hand I know hotel owners who survive on business from hunters from quite a few EU countries. Also know the lads who take the hunters out to make their living. Is that right ? It's open to question that's why I wrote Salmon have feelings too they are intelligent creatures we tend to look at fish differently. What I don't like is hunters showing off their kill. Also feel uncomfortable when I see trophy animals heads hanging from a wall. 

Fair comment IOBS