Alcohol Ban to be Lifted?

1 minute ago, gilberto said:

I enjoy a few pints before and after the fitba and would have a pint at my seat at the game if that was allowed. It never will be tho. The idea of trying to tan a pint in 5 minutes at half time after queuing for 10 mins sounds awful

The voice of reason, you've won a prize.......................a free pint. :wink:

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The voice of reason ? But wait, aren’t people like him raging alkies ? emoji19.png

Naw, he's got the self control to not crave a 10 minute pint at half time. :lol:

The point is being lost somewhat here, there's been a ban in place for quite sometime, if its the reason violence  has dropped is debatable.

Would reintroducing alcohol result in mass violence, very unlikely, although it could take some situations into a more disturbing situation, as the police are indicating.

Would reintroducing it make the football experience more enjoyable, do me a favour.

There's still a small minority who get fuelled up before the game and would be slevering to get more at anytime during the game, making the match day experience more of a pain in the arse than it is when this element are spitting their bile all over anyone close to them. 

Overall there's no need, IMO, to allow drinking during a match. 

Went to see a Millwall game against Rochdale in the FA Cup last January. Had a couple of pints during an entertaining 2-2 draw. Not one hint of trouble the whole day. Surely to fukc if their fans can now enjoy a civilised drink whilst taking in a game, I'm pretty sure there won't be a mass brawl as the Saints take on Livi in a league game.

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Would reintroducing it make the football experience more enjoyable, do me a favour.

Based on what I've seen this year at Greenhill Road then YES, drinking at half-time would have made the football a hell of a lot more enjoyable  :P Might have helped me forget some poor performances and it would have reduced my input on this FORUM. :rolleyes: :P

3 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Based on what I've seen this year at Greenhill Road then YES, drinking at half-time would have made the football a hell of a lot more enjoyable  :P Might have helped me forget some poor performances and it would have reduced my input on this FORUM. :rolleyes: :P

If that's the case I'd buy a few people a drink. :wink:

3 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Half time not enough imo , I'd suggest a start to the drinking session at say , Friday lunchtime minimum. 

Tbf, it doesn't necessarily make someone a problem drinker to fancy a pint at a football match with their mates. Would make the day more enjoyable, doesn't necessarily mean everyone's getting blootered 

You can go to the pub before and after. Even then you’ve got a bit of a problem.

If you need to be necking a pint at half time in the cold then you’re a full blown alkie and need help.

I don’t get those saying that anyone who wants a beer at half time is an alcoholic or has a drink problem .

I find it strange that people believe those in Hospitality, 1877 and the boardroom can enjoy a drink virtually up to kick off but a pint at half time will turn them into some slobbering monster hell bent on trouble .

1. That’s cos you probably have a drinking problem! [emoji12]

2. I used to sit beside corporate hospitality in the main stand and many were indeed slobbering monsters!

Those who need a drink at half time have a real problem.

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

1. That’s cos you probably have a drinking problem! emoji12.png

2. I used to sit beside corporate hospitality in the main stand and many were indeed slobbering monsters!

Sat next to Hospitality for a few Seasons at Greenhill Road.

Quite a few in a stupor before kick off, even for lunchtime kick offs.

Had to move to Family Stand when my 4 year old started going in 2012 to avoid the hooligan drunken slobs.

29 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

1. That’s cos you probably have a drinking problem! emoji12.png

I don't think it's about need. It's about choice.

This said, given our facilities, it would be nigh on impossible to accommodate in house sales of alcohol. We can barely keep up with demand for food ATM.

I don't think it's about need. It's about choice.
This said, given our facilities, it would be nigh on impossible to accommodate in house sales of alcohol. We can barely keep up with demand for food ATM.

The only need on this thread appears to be the attempts by some for attention like needy little children .

Some of the stuff on here is hilarious. I only drink on a Saturday, not justifying it, just my personal choice. I don't think we need booze at the game but i wouldn't be annoyed about it either. I have 2 or 3 pints with my brother before the game and i'm fine to watch the game, i don't treat alcohol as means to an end to get pished it's a social thing for me these days.  I've never been remotely near having a drink problem. People should have the choice IMO and stop treating everyone like children with no self restraint.  If you get the odd trouble maker, chuck them out or ban them, simple.