Alcohol Ban to be Lifted?

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Why was the ban brought into place for football rather than the other things you mention? 

Just to add having been to a few concerts there is, IMO, a problem with alcohol as many people are hell bent on arriving drunk and getting drunker, not giving a feck about anybody else. 

Some people have a problem all right. 

Hibs v Sevco had the same outcome in the Cup Final a few years ago (less bottles thrown). Not booze on general sale at Hampden that day. 

42 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The levels of denial are staggering but it's not surprising to hear it.

First you don't see how struggling to go 90 minutes without a beer when you can drink plenty before and after the game is the very definition of a drinking problem. Then you are talking about 10 to 15 being more than enough time to drink a pint. To top it up, you are clearly saying that an absence of beer in the middle of the day makes life less enjoyable.

I have to tell you that none of this is normal behaviour. None of it represents a healthy attitude towards alcohol.

I didn't even reply to you Oaky, and you've jumped in made it all personal :lol: 

Where did I say I can't go 90 minutes without a beer? 

I said I'd like to have the option available of having a pint at half time. Perhaps inviting in local breweries and making some profit for the club.

Having a pint with your mates is enjoyable, why else would people do it?

If you can't have a friendly debate without trying to make it ugly/personal, and trying to make out that people have an alcohol problem (which is a pretty serious accusation btw, it's an illness and shouldn't be used for point scoring) Maybe it's time to get off the internet...

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What really is your point?

Proof that football fans are lunatics without a drink? 

Not sure that's helping the "give them drink" point? 

The point is these rare occasions happen sometimes and it's not just alcohol alone that's the sole factor. 

Many supporters are in the pub on Saturdays before a match for a few hours - are they all leaving the pub hell bent on trouble ? 

3 minutes ago, pod said:

Because of a couple of groups of nutters spoiling it for the rest.   

Precisely the point I made earlier ,agreeing with Doakes.

How do you suggest we prevent nutters getting served at football matches?

Nutter goes up to the bar at the ground.........."Can I have a pint"

Bar person............"Are you a nutter"

Nutter................."Naw"

Bar person................."There ye go then.................next?"

Just now, munoz said:

The point is these rare occasions happen sometimes and it's not just alcohol alone that's the sole factor. 

Many supporters are in the pub on Saturdays before a match for a few hours - are they all leaving the pub hell bent on trouble ? 

Ach, ok, I gie up......................where's the vodka? 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Precisely the point I made earlier ,agreeing with Doakes.

How do you suggest we prevent nutters getting served at football matches?

Nutter goes up to the bar at the ground.........."Can I have a pint"

Bar person............"Are you a nutter"

Nutter................."Naw"

Bar person................."There ye go then.................next?"

A nutter is a nutter with or without a Tia Maria.

44 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

The populist answer is to say yes the sensible answer is without doubt no

I'm coming around to this way of thinking. I had an open mind but seeing posts on here I think that the present arrangements have led to a general improvement in behaviour and violence reduction. I still see merit in people coming to the ground earlier and being sociable with others in environments like hospitality and the 1877 Club. i also favour slightly the idea Doakes put forward to utilise a Marquee to offer local beers as part of a festival or just to support local business. 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I don’t get those saying that anyone who wants a beer at half time is an alcoholic or has a drink problem . So by that token , do those who buy a pie have an eating disorder because they can’t last 90 minutes without a bite to eat ?
I do understand the argument that there could be those who may cause trouble with that extra pint but the powers are already there to deal with those troublemakers.
If legislation is changed an it’s provided , commercial factors will decide whether it fails or succeeds .
I find it strange that people believe those in Hospitality, 1877 and the boardroom can enjoy a drink virtually up to kick off but a pint at half time will turn them into some slobbering monster hell bent on trouble .
Btw , don’t know the answer here but do they serve alcohol at half time in the Boardroom & Hospitality at the moment . As i say, I Don’t know , simply asking.

Not served alcohol at half time at the games that I've attended hospitality, or maybe I was pissed and can't remember.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

The levels of denial are staggering but it's not surprising to hear it.

First you don't see how struggling to go 90 minutes without a beer when you can drink plenty before and after the game is the very definition of a drinking problem. Then you are talking about 10 to 15 being more than enough time to drink a pint. To top it up, you are clearly saying that an absence of beer in the middle of the day makes life less enjoyable.

I have to tell you that none of this is normal behaviour. None of it represents a healthy attitude towards alcohol.

Some myself included enjoy a pre-match drink after the game I stand for 40min at St James waiting for a train back down the road. I could go into the 1877 club after the game it's just not for me. Others like a pint after the game what's the problem with that.  It's not a problem in England or any other European country or Scottish ruby for that matter.  Not for Scottish football is bollox. It will bring fans to the club early also making the club more money it's a no brainer.