Irritating Words, Phrases and Whatever Else.

shull

21 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

TV & radio reporters, who when asked by the anchor person to explain something start with the word "so..."

"So" has become the norm at the start of a sentence.I hate It,how can a 2 letter word annoy me so much? :wacko:

30 minutes ago, HSS said:

"So" has become the norm at the start of a sentence.I hate It,how can a 2 letter word annoy me so much? :wacko:

It's annoying because the user usually employs it as a way of sounding like an expert in a casual way when talking about a subject they have just heard of.

Others

"I could be happier about this"  instead of couldn't

"Fair play to him"

When people comment on tragic events on social media relating to football teams with "rivalries aside from a xxxxx fan"

You saw it alot with the Leicester helicopter crash and when she wee boy who was the Sunderland fan died of cancer.

"Rivalries aside from a Newcastle fan"

Why do you need to mention what football team you support or even say rivalries aside? Just post your message and leave football out of it.

Wow that's really great of you to show empathy for a dying child who supports a different football team to you.

22 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

When people comment on tragic events on social media 

"They'll be in my Prayers tonight" from people who haven't a religious bone in their bodies.Guarenteed the last time they were in a Church was a wedding/funeral/christening.

2 hours ago, HSS said:

"They'll be in my Prayers tonight" from people who haven't a religious bone in their bodies.Guarenteed the last time they were in a Church was a wedding/funeral/christening.

2 minutes ago, HSS said:

On the flip side.........

I love the word "wooooshed".It usually follows people making a complete cock of themselves.

Talking of making a cock of yourself, the suggestion in that top post of yours has already been made in this thread on page 2.

Cant recall the poster's name though.

Oak something.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Talking of making a cock of yourself, the suggestion in that top post of yours has already been made in this thread on page 2.

Cant recall the poster's name though.

Oak something.

My mistake Oak something,sorry.