January (AKA The last chance saloon)

DLBud

16 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Where did you conjure up the 10 players from?

I don't believe we have fully committed our full budget for the year yet... that would be daft, given that a new manager came in after the transfer window had closed.

He did pick up 3, but now with some months of planning, and a few explorations into who might be able and willing to come, and who we might get rid off or loan out too (other teams will have made enquiries to us as well - this will provide more scope for changes -  there are a number of players, who if they want a game every week, then will need to move, they may sit it out, but don't think they all will ). There is no certainty that Hammill will have a contract extension either... (I hope he is playing so well and wants one though)

I don't think we have blown all the McGinn money either - that too would have been daft without giving OK some time to see how he might spent some of it... And keeping back money that could help us to stay up would not be sound business under certain circumstances.

I cannot comment on how the finance has been so far - but, have home crowds brought in more or less than expected? Has TV revenue been exactly what we expected? What about other sponsorship that has been announced - don't think things like these were budgeted for? Have we been able to reclaim any insurance money for inured players or at least stop paying for them, e.g. Rodgers?

On the other hand - the money that we would have paid Miller each week was definitely a stretch for Dundee... so much so McIntyre has brought in only 1 and will have to shift quite a few in January for sure..

I expect at least 3, maybe 4 or 5 in during January - who knows - we can but wait and see.

My guess is maybe two in. 

The league table, come January will itself decide what additional (if any) investment is worth making, based upon what added value it COULD return?

21 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Sky Sports are set to plough £100m into Scottish football with a three-year TV rights deal worth a whopping £30m-plus per season, blowing BT Sport out of the picture. (Scottish Sun)

Think this is incentive enough to stay in the top League  where the bigger shares are dished out? ? 

Big bucks at last we need to stay up . 

55 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Sky Sports are set to plough £100m into Scottish football with a three-year TV rights deal worth a whopping £30m-plus per season, blowing BT Sport out of the picture. (Scottish Sun)

Think this is incentive enough to stay in the top League  where the bigger shares are dished out? ? 

Sugar.... That's a serious amount of money! 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Sugar.... That's a serious amount of money! 

Yeah, but how much, what percentage, will go to just 2 clubs and how little will go down to the lower teams?

Here's hoping we are going to be getting a "big boys share" for the next 3 years plus...

Why do we need to stay up ?

What would we waste the money on ?

Diddy Club hasn't won the Top League since 1985.

A Diddy Cub will probably never win the Top League again unless the Sectarian cnuts are booted tae feck out.

While they are here, I prefer we played in the Championship, League One, League Two or even the Lowland League.

SCOTTISH FOOTBALL IS FECKED & CORRUPT

And what's going to happen when all these new riches from Sky TV arrive ?

Exactly the same as what has happened in the last few decades.

The players are going to get even more richer as are those who run the show, THE AGENTS.

The Beautiful Game will still be fecked and dominated by Sevco 2012 & Celtic.

The shite players getting 5k a week now will get 10k.

Brilliant eh ?

And the most damning thing that hasn't happened since money started arriving in 1986 is ............

NOT ONE PENNY HAS COME OFF THE PRICE OF ADMISSION TO A FOOTBALL MATCH.

£2.50 was the Gate Price in 1986.

£27 it was on Saturday..

SO WHAT'S SO FECKING GOOD ABOUT TV MONEY ?

Fans are still getting screwed.

The players are going to get even more richer as are those who run the show, THE AGENTS.
Brilliant eh ?
And the most damning thing that hasn't happened since money started arriving in 1986 is ............
£27 it was on Saturday..

Bosman has a lot to answer for too...

14 minutes ago, shull said:

Brilliant eh ?

£27 it was on Saturday..

Firstly I hope the way the money is split is improved. Secondly I hope it enables clubs to keep improving the stadiums and facilities.  Mostly,  I hope that we will attract and retain a higher level of player as well as enable more clubs to go full time and improve the product on the field. It might lead to more incentive ticket prices.  

16 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Firstly I hope the way the money is split is improved. Secondly I hope it enables clubs to keep improving the stadiums and facilities.  Mostly,  I hope that we will attract and retain a higher level of player as well as enable more clubs to go full time and improve the product on the field. It might lead to more incentive ticket prices.  

:lol:

1 hour ago, shull said:

Scottish players being full time just means they have the stamina to play shite for 90 minutes

A bit harsh Shull.

IMO the game is improving again in Scotland. Players are fitter I believe and the competitiveness of our leagues has also improved barring the last two seasons where Celtic have taken all 3 major prizes. 

2 hours ago, shull said:

Brilliant eh ?

£27 it was on Saturday..

Mon the Shull you tell them how it is and how it should be,  Fans buying plastic pitches and goalposts for a so called premier league club is morally wrong  and a damn disgrace.

Players may well be fitter ....................... but.

Also, the 3 lower Leagues are generally very competitive.

Our top league is  corrupt and a sham.

Doubt if any of the ten diddy Clubs will ever win it.

Sectarianism , corruption and cheating has triumphed since 1985.

13 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
14 hours ago, shull said:
Brilliant eh ?
£27 it was on Saturday..

Bosman has a lot to answer for too...

There is also that thing called INFLATION.

Football is never going to get cheaper to attend, unless you go down the leagues or attend amateur football.

We all have a choice...

40 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

There is also that thing called INFLATION.

Football is never going to get cheaper to attend, unless you go down the leagues or attend amateur football.

We all have a choice...

The Inflation Calculator indicates that a £2.50 ticket from the mid 1980's would in 2018 be just under £10. Not anywhere near £20, never mind £27.

Buying most other goods and services we mostly have a choice depending on price. There is usually a similar alternative cheaper to purchase. 

St Mirren is a love affair and there ain't no alternative. Most are addicted and will pay up.

Clubs get away with emotional extortion. 

Guest TPAFKATS
The Inflation Calculator indicates that a £2.50 ticket from the mid 1980's would in 2018 be just under £10. Not anywhere near £20, never mind £27.
Buying most other goods and services we mostly have a choice depending on price. There is usually a similar alternative cheaper to purchase. 
St Mirren is a love affair and there ain't no alternative. Most are addicted and will pay up.
Clubs get away with emotional extortion. 

Well worth it when you consider how much Scottish football has improved since the 1980s [emoji23]