January (AKA The last chance saloon)

DLBud

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, shull said:
Some matches should be free. 

Some are if you pay up front with a season ticket?

It does slash the cost of individual matches. 

Some Seasons, along with daughter's free Season Ticket, I worked out we were roughly paying less than ten pounds each per game, which is very good. 

If there was no Season Tickets and I had to pay £20 plus, I would never attend a league match again. 

FECKEM 

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, shull said:
Some matches should be free. 

Some are if you pay up front with a season ticket?

Clubs offer decent deals on season tickets.  That's the way to go for home games. 

Hibs are trialling an "away season ticket" for fans and it was in action when they played us recently. 

The inflation tracker is based upon a set range of goods.  Football is not included.

46 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

I think that about taxi fares.  

In 1987, first mile was £0.80.

Now, first mile is £3.40.

Admission price was £2.50 for football in 1987.

2018 it is anything between £22 and £27.

Football fans are getting well shafted and a few on here don't give a damn. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

In 1987, first mile was £0.80.

Now, first mile is £3.40.

Admission price was £2.50 for football in 1987.

2018 it is anything between £22 and £27.

Football fans are getting well shafted and a few on here don't give a damn. 

And has the taxi journey or patter improved over 300%?

20 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

And has the taxi journey or patter improved over 300%?

All expenses have increased over the decades.

One example.......

Radio Hire 1987 - £42 per week

Radio Hire  2018 - £145 per week.

Luggy says

Have been watching under 23 games around the country making a list for january windows. And i ask the question have i been going down the wrong road. iI WATCH PLAYERS WHO CANT HEAD THE BALL CANT TACKLE AND HAVE A PASSING RANGE OF 15 YDS. The last two games ive left just after halftime i would say i am exasperated to say the least.

Edited by shull

8 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Wonder what is cheaper 2 hours in the simple digital arena watching the buddies or 2 hours in a taxi with shull.....

Taxi drivers are bumping bastards

You can get me on here for free for 24 hours a day every day.

What does bumping mean ?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting wee article in the Scotsman today. A journo graded the summer transfer business of all teams in the Premiership. We got the lowest grade (F) along with Dundee.  His report on us is as follows and is the only report that includes a wee sweary :)

St Mirren - F

Well, that was f*****g dreadful. Let’s not beat around the bush, Alan Stubbs’ recruitment drive has hamstrung the Buddies on their top-flight return. Two players have already returned to their parent clubs, while another was sent out on loan. St Mirren fans would happily fuel up a van for a whirlwind stop of England to get rid of the others.

Captain Stephen McGinn summed it up best when he noted that the players signed had not played a lot of football. Some have played too much football at St Mirren for the liking of many supporters.

The club have regressed since strolling to the Championship title, shorn of last season’s top goal scorer, key player and manager. New boss Oran Kearney has had to try his hand in the free agent market to try and sort the gaping issues.

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Interesting wee article in the Scotsman today. A journo graded the summer transfer business of all teams in the Premiership. We got the lowest grade (F) along with Dundee.  His report on us is as follows and is the only report that includes a wee sweary :)

St Mirren - F

Well, that was f*****g dreadful. Let’s not beat around the bush, Alan Stubbs’ recruitment drive has hamstrung the Buddies on their top-flight return. Two players have already returned to their parent clubs, while another was sent out on loan. St Mirren fans would happily fuel up a van for a whirlwind stop of England to get rid of the others.

Captain Stephen McGinn summed it up best when he noted that the players signed had not played a lot of football. Some have played too much football at St Mirren for the liking of many supporters.

The club have regressed since strolling to the Championship title, shorn of last season’s top goal scorer, key player and manager. New boss Oran Kearney has had to try his hand in the free agent market to try and sort the gaping issues.

Aye, very interesting........................................over 2 months ago maybe. :snore

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:28 PM, buddies1877 said:

Wonder what is cheaper 2 hours in the simple digital arena watching the buddies or 2 hours in a taxi with shull.....

Taxi drivers are bumping bastards

Think I'd rather pay 70 quid to sit in the stadium watching the seats dry than the alternative.

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Think I'd rather pay 70 quid to sit in the stadium watching the seats dry than the alternative.

And I will sit next to you and give a running commentary of the seats drying. 

No extra charge. 

Any more of your cheek, I will get Ricky to join us. 

Still worth £70 ?