Jimmy Nicholl - Yet another coach!

div

10 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Didn't realise either were known as hard men.
Both played right back for rangers which would be a link if you were desperately trying find one?

You are kidding right? Nicholl was signed by the currants to play that role, Miller (when our manager) famously or infamously challenged the team at training whilst sporting a Rangers shirt!

i wonder how the snowflakes in our dressing room will get on with Nicholl on their back,  if they buckled when Stubbs told them a few home truths?

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Feck me, you're trolling is becoming rather tedious, do you have LPN on speed dial? :lol:

What can you do when someone fancies the arse off you, but...! They're not your type? Maybe someone's 'Gay-Dar' needs switching off, and on again?

i do have to say i am flattered though, but its important to state i dont go Chutney Ferreting.  

19 hours ago, div said:

Wee bit harsh.

If this comes off we're going to have a Director of Football, a first team manager, an assistant manager, a first team coach and a goalkeeping coach.

For me, for a club of our size, that's too many. It's also creating a cost structure that would be unsustainable should the worst happen and we end up back down a level.

The only one which is different from most clubs of our size in this division is the Technical Director, which is a position the board have created to prevent the scenario we've seen all too often with changes of manager. Remains to be seen what salary Nicholl would be on, given he is also still involved in the Northern Ireland setup, and what kind of contract he has with us. Wouldn't think it'd be a long term deal or particularly lucrative, but I could be wrong.

I am also wondering whether Brian Rice will remain longer term or whether Oran has taken time to assess whether he is someone he wants alongside him or whether Nicholl will merely take his place. Once Nicholl is confirmed we will have a better idea of the structure going forward, and possibly what kind of contract he is on.

At the end of the day, we've taken on a manager. If we can't back him in making a single appointment he sees as necessary to help then we're surely not being as supportive as we could be.

12 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I hope for Oran's sake this doesn turn out like the ' Meltdown Murray' where in a last desperate act to save him the board parachuted Alex Millar in for what turned out to be a few days.  The similarities are striking... 'young manager from diddy club/league struggling, following previous abortive managerial appointment.' Ex currant bun hard man parachuted into the dug out... we know how that ended.

I can't remember Ian Murray specifically wanting Alex Miller as his assistant when he took over. Miller was appointed by the board over Murray's head, which was the beginning of the end for him.

So, there are practically no similarities other than those that exist within your bizarrely constructed mind.

9 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I can't remember Ian Murray specifically wanting Alex Miller as his assistant when he took over. Miller was appointed by the board over Murray's head, which was the beginning of the end for him.

So, there are practically no similarities other than those that exist within your bizarrely constructed mind.

Really..? Hmmm....

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13945178.Ian_Murray_backs_Alex_Miller_appointment_as_St_Mirren_assistant_and_says_-_he_s_a_better_coach_than_me/

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

He's hardly going to come out and say he disagrees with it. As poor a manager as he was, he at least had basic tact and diplomacy in his locker. 

As stated in my original post, did Murray want Miller as his assistant when he took over? I appreciate you exist only to make feeble attempts to antagonise and have a go at the club/manager/players/fellow supporters, but you really need to attach a modicum of substance to the dross you trot out or you'll continue to have fellow posters point and laugh at you, as I'm doing now...

:lol:

14 minutes ago, Soctty said:

He's hardly going to come out and say he disagrees with it. As poor a manager as he was, he at least had basic tact and diplomacy in his locker. 

As stated in my original post, did Murray want Miller as his assistant when he took over? I appreciate you exist only to make feeble attempts to antagonise and have a go at the club/manager/players/fellow supporters, but you really need to attach a modicum of substance to the dross you trot out or you'll continue to have fellow posters point and laugh at you, as I'm doing now...

:lol:

Thats desperate even by your standards. Can you show us your substance to back up your claim please?

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Sports science has to be one of the biggest cons within football in the last 20 years.

If you need to pay someone to tell you that pizza and chips is bad for you and that carbs are good as a slow burning fuel then there is something wrong with you.

I remember seeing one of these guys on youtube a few years ago preparing half time drinks specifically tailored for each individual player as though these tiny tweaks are meaningful. What an absolute pile of nonsense. A player goes out in the second half feeling crap about the game or his home life and his game is ruined. No amount of pissing about with electrolytes is going to fix that.

This is just mad.