Jimmy Nicholl - Yet another coach!

div

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Mostly funeral gatherings I was told. Helped by the location close to the Perth crematorium. 

There's a couple of Elderly Care Homes nearby.

Which help.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Mostly funeral gatherings I was told. Helped by the location close to the Perth crematorium. 

Dear God, how many people pass away in Perthshire every year. An article a couple of years ago put their commercial income at nearly £1M.

44 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Dear God, how many people pass away in Perthshire every year. An article a couple of years ago put their commercial income at nearly £1M.

That's just short of 200 funerals per year. Seems about right give average funeral is an eye watering £5.5k.

If any of my loved ones spend more than is necessary to put me in a bag and cremate me, I've told them I will haunt them on a point of principle. I've never understood funerals. How do you "pay respects" to a dead person by spending a sickening amount of money on special mahogany coffins which will be burnt within 20 minutes and fannying about with sandwiches? It's nonsense and it's a real scandal that people feel obliged to do this sort of thing.

4 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Would be surprised if Alloa trained three times  a week , probably twice a week with a matchday and another evening doing a bit of scouting . 

I think he has a great working relationship with Mike Mulreaney and is very happy with the squad of players he has , and maybe fancies his chances of keeping Alloa up again and seeing what's available in 2020 . 

Be prepared to be surprised as I was. Goody himself told Sportsound only a couple of weeks ago that they have 3 evening training sessions per week - 1 more than most part time teams but one of the reasons they done so well.

The Fakes also host weddings, private functions, kids parties, private dining, conferences and corporate events as well as funerals. I may be mistaken but I am sure I read a couple of years back that they had 6 staff (maybe not all full-time) on their marketing/commercial side of things which is why they were so successful at generating income. I believe they also have a range of suites on offer so they can hold multiple events simultaneously.

35 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That's just short of 200 funerals per year. Seems about right give average funeral is an eye watering £5.5k.

I would say it's nearer £4.5k having had to organise a few over the last few years.  The fakes only provide the sausage rolls, tea and a wee glass of something reviving. At the Glynhill it's about £600 - £800 for that, depending on how many like a wee swally on the day.   They should pocket about a third as profit.

2 hours ago, rabuddies said:

I would say it's nearer £4.5k having had to organise a few over the last few years.  The fakes only provide the sausage rolls, tea and a wee glass of something reviving. At the Glynhill it's about £600 - £800 for that, depending on how many like a wee swally on the day.   They should pocket about a third as profit.

Yes, I've probably overcooked the cost a little. Had another wee look and you are at the top end of where the average is.

Still f**king expensive though.

• 1 year later...