Hearts Fans

Kemp

There is no doubt that Lennon being hit by a coin is disgraceful.

But let’s not hide from reality here.

Those who deliberately stoke sectarianism, bigotry and hatred in order to gain success on the football field and make £ millions whilst doing so, put themselves in the position where they become targets for the lunatics.

It should also be remembered that Lennon and Celtic made up a story in the not too distant past that Lennon had a drink thrown at him in the Hearts directors box.

What Scottish football really needs to focus on is shutting down Celtic and Rangers.

Just now, Wendy Saintss said:

Those who deliberately stoke sectarianism, bigotry and hatred in order to gain success on the football field and make £ millions whilst doing so, put themselves in the position where they become targets for the lunatics.

:snore

8 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

It should also be remembered that Lennon and Celtic made up a story in the not too distant past that Lennon had a drink thrown at him in the Hearts directors box.

What Scottish football really needs to focus on is shutting down Celtic and Rangers.

IDIOT.

22 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

This was a match between Hibs and Hearts and you are wittering on about Rangers and Celtic?

Help me out here. How does shutting down Rangers and Celtic prevent Hearts fans from throwing coins at the Hibs manager?

How does it stop a Hibs fan attacking the Hearts goalie?

How does it stop two linesmen in the same game from being pelted with coins?

Edited by oaksoft

This was a match between Hibs and Hearts and you are wittering on about Rangers and Celtic?

Lennon was an employee of Celtic.

Just heard Lennon’s rep on TV say that he’s been targeted in Scotland cos of where he’s from and his religion.

Yet many Norrhern Irish Catholics have played and managed in Scotland without any problem. Martin O’Neill managed Celtic without a problem.

It’s comments like that from Lennon’s rep that are part of the problem. It’s stoking up sectarianism.

5 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Lennon was an employee of Celtic.

Just heard Lennon’s rep on TV say that he’s been targeted in Scotland cos of where he’s from and his religion.

Yet many Norrhern Irish Catholics have played and managed in Scotland without any problem. Martin O’Neill managed Celtic without a problem.

Now you are spluttering about Northern Ireland?

Does the Hearts goalie or either linesman come from NI or have a history of playing for either cheek of the OF?

I'm just trying to ascertain whether you are trying and failing to be hilarious or whether you actually have the intelligence of a freshly picked turnip.

Edited by oaksoft

Now you are spluttering about Northern Ireland?

Does the Hearts goalie or either linesman come from NI or have a history of playing for either cheek of the OF?

I'm just trying to ascertain whether you are trying and failing to be hilarious or whether you actually have the intelligence of a freshly picked turnip.

It was Lennon’s rep who was “spluttering about Northern Ireland” on the TV just 5 mins ago. That is what I am commenting about as I clearly stated. He says that is one of the reasons he was targeted.

I’ve only commented on the Lennon incident.

Your second paragraph makes my point for me regarding Lennon’s reps comments.

As for your third paragraph, oh dear. You’ve described yourself.

31 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I wish there were more fannies like me who want sectarianism in Scotland stamped out.

Unfortunately, with folk like you about, it’s unlikely to happen.

I feel so sorry for your wife and kids,especially the kids.Imagine having you as a role model.

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I wish there were more fannies like me who want sectarianism in Scotland stamped out.

Unfortunately, with folk like you about, it’s unlikely to happen.

I think we can all sleep easier at night know that whatever the solution to the ills in our game, nobody will ever be knocking at your door for help or advice.

Say hello to LPM for me. Whether he will hear you through all the wall padding is another matter. :D

Lennon in the news today claiming that the coin throwing was down to sectarianism.

As oaksoft pointed out in his own contradictory post, were all the incidents as tynecastle down to sectarianism?

Wibble indeed oaksoft.

The fact is that Lennon made millions being employed by an organisation whose business model is to exploit sectarianism and hatred.

But even then, there are numerous Irish catholics playing in Scotland who don’t attract these incidents.

Neil Lennon’s comments are a bit like Tommy Robinson claiming that the abuse he gets is down to racism.

Those who sympathise with Lennon are condoning sectarianism.

Also worth remembering that back in 2010, Neil Lennon and Celtic’s accusations of bias by Scottish referees against them led to the referees going on strike.

The implied reason for this perceived bias was undoubtedly sectarianism. John Reid’s comment “read your history books” was a clear indication of this.

Referees received death threats in the midst of this.

It’s amazing how people forget.

Lennon says he is considering g quitting Scottish football.

Good. Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out.

8 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Also worth remembering that back in 2010, Neil Lennon and Celtic’s accusations of bias by Scottish referees against them led to the referees going on strike.

The implied reason for this perceived bias was undoubtedly sectarianism. John Reid’s comment “read your history books” was a clear indication of this.

Referees received death threats in the midst of this.

It’s amazing how people forget.

Lennon says he is considering g quitting Scottish football.

Good. Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Wendy. I abhor sectarianism. Neil Lennon is a talented football manager doing a good job with Hibernian. Edinburgh has its sectarian problems just as does Glasgow and this is ,to some extent reflected in the support for Hearts and for Hibernian with the lines being much more blurred than in the west. It's true that Neil Lennon doesn't enjoy a great relationship with opposition fans starting as a player and then manager in Scotland. He is highly competitive. Nothing wrong with that but he is also demonstrative. I think any of us who had received death threats,  bombs or bullets in the post and a constant litany about being Irish and Catholic , but not in a good way, would occasionally crack. He has also been open about his depression. The pity is that we, myself included, are focusing on Lennon and not the perpetrators of the crimes (plural) committed at Tyne castle by fans of both clubs. Whether or not sectarianism is at the root of these incidents is still not clear. What is clear is that whatever views these people hold it does not excuse or allow them to move from verbal abuse to the use of violence. I , for one,  hope that these people are traced and dealt with severely. Both clubs have condemned the culprits and vowed to ban them for life. I wish indeed that the two large Glasgow clubs did as much. Unless you have "walked a mile in his shoes" let's not be too quick either to get on Neil Lennon's back. Sustained abuse over time would wear any of us down.

Edited by St.Ricky

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Wendy won't need his arse cleaned for at least the next month.

Nice job shull. :lol:

I'll praise any excellent posts on the Forum.

Even liked  and was impressed by a couple of yours from your 9483 posts. :)