Four Positives About 2018/19

On 10/31/2018 at 9:37 PM, faraway saint said:

Don't want to piss on your parade but Celtic were on the crest of a slump at that time.......................just saying. 

Sandwiched in between home wins over Rangers and Kilmarnock - I'd kill for us to have a slump like that...

Just now, Soctty said:

Sandwiched in between home wins over Rangers and Kilmarnock - I'd kill for us to have a slump like that...

Unfortunately we're not Celtic. 

Having watched Celtic quite a few times, the Rangers game apart where they played well, they were struggling all over the park.

Could hardly score, went out of Europe with a whimper and, IMO, never really started to play until they thumped St Johnstone.

While we should take credit from our game against them you surely see they were in 1st gear throughout the game? 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Having watched Celtic quite a few times, the Rangers game apart where they played well, they were struggling all over the park.

Could hardly score, went out of Europe with a whimper and, IMO, never really started to play until they thumped St Johnstone.

While we should take credit from our game against them you surely see they were in 1st gear throughout the game? 

I have only watched them once.

Saw them on TV a few times though.

Very patchy.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

They won 6 out of the 7 games either side of the game against us, with a defeat away to Killie the only blot in that series of games. They weren't blowing teams away, but were winning consistently.

Why can't we take the credit for a performance where we nullified them? Doesn't happen often, so I'll take the plaudits the club got every time it does.

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:

They won 6 out of the 7 games either side of the game against us, with a defeat away to Killie the only blot in that series of games. They weren't blowing teams away, but were winning consistently.

Why can't we take the credit for a performance where we nullified them? Doesn't happen often, so I'll take the plaudits the club got every time it does.

What part of "we should take credit from our game against them" did you not get? :blink:

You're looking at results, great, I watched them several times and they were not playing well, wheres they have kicked on since the St Johnstone game.

Just now, faraway saint said:

What part of "we should take credit from our game against them" did you not get? :blink:

You're looking at results, great, I watched them several times and they were not playing well, wheres they have kicked on since the St Johnstone game.

I'd guess you saw them on TV.

I'd guess the others commenting watched them live at the ground.

Who cares what they did or didn't do in other games.  We gained a draw and fully deserved it.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The original post was about 4 positives. You stated Celtic were "on the crest of a slump".

They weren't.

The end.

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

The original post was about 4 positives. You stated Celtic were "on the crest of a slump".

They weren't.

The end.

Can a slump have a crest? Don't you mean the trough?

Sorry getting bored with this thread:wub:

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

The 4 positives have still come. A good Scottish Cup run (If we avoid Aberdeen away) being one them. 

Promotion to the Premiership

Made it through the group stages of the League Cup

Income from transfer fees for Lewis Morgan and John McGinn

Substantial increase in average attendances from 3,000 to 3,699 to 4,447 to 5,800

Added to which we have a young,  ambitious manager on board who is now supported by the board and a technical director. 

All we need do now is recruit well and move up thë league. 

Times might be tough but they are not desperate. 

COYS

Oran Kearny looks set to be given a chance to

You don’t think they played well v a rangers team that were flying the week before?

Think you would be able to count with your fingers how many times rangers managed to cross the halfway line in that game.

Celtic completely dominated it and due to hitting the bar 2 or 3 times and Alan mcgregor making a few brilliant saves it would have been a hammering.

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just now, buddies1877 said:

You don’t think they played well v a rangers team that were flying the week before?

Think you would be able to count with your fingers how many times rangers managed to cross the halfway line in that game.

Celtic completely dominated it and due to hitting the bar 2 or 3 times and Alan mcgregor making a few brilliant saves it would have been a hammering.

Aye, I'd forgot about that game. :rolleyes: