Poll: When Will Oran Match Alan?

TopCat

What game?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Light hearted ? Seriously  Then you go on to want the board  to vote. Only thing you have missing is the tick tock. More and more I get the impression St Mirren Football Club is not for you.  We are in a deep hole let's hope Oran can work out how to get out of it. 

I have far better things to be doing than go on the board, thanks [emoji16]

Is there a test I need to pass to be a St Mirren supporter or...?

Sorry if I’m not meeting your fan requirements.

Nobody voted for Oran surpassing Alan today, and you were all right, he didn’t.

Oran has now led this football club to 7 losses in a row. This is the first time this happened since 1968/69. 50 years ago.

What disgrace.

Anyway, a lot of you voted for Dundee next week being the moment that our current manager finally bettered our previous one. Only 3 points will do, even a draw won’t seen Oran Match Alan.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed and in the mean time keep your votes coming!

26 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Or an arrogant twat .

I don't think Stubbs was ever arrogant. just incompetent.

I was guilty of being overly optimistic regarding  the appointment of Darren Jackson and the signing of Heaton for 75K (without seeing him playing), and that it wasn't incompetency of the highest order. However I was wrong.

The OP however has a magnificent history of being wrong. Long may it last and provide endless amusement for us all.:clapping

I have far better things to be doing than go on the board, thanks [emoji16]

Is there a test I need to pass to be a St Mirren supporter or...?

Sorry if I’m not meeting your fan requirements.

Aye the test is to support the team, once you do that you’ll pass [emoji6]

There was a lot of so called "Good Supporters" on Stubs back from the outset of his reign at the club. Some less than good supporters were shouted down by simply saying give the man time - and ignore the bleating players. 

Who were the true supporters then - and on hindsight who was right. It's a funny old game.

30 minutes ago, LOVENEST said:

There was a lot of so called "Good Supporters" on Stubs back from the outset of his reign at the club. Some less than good supporters were shouted down by simply saying give the man time - and ignore the bleating players. 

Who were the true supporters then - and on hindsight who was right. It's a funny old game.

We have supporters, just supporters. 

Not good, bad or even true or false. 

St Mirren Supporters Are We. :byebye

To 'match Alan' would Oran not need to sign 11 duds out of 11 signings, blow most of the season's budget on players not up to the job, ostracize the squad he inherited, appoint a clown of a first team coach with 2 previous relegations under his belt, moan about the board and his budget all within a manner of a few months and then get a pal on BT Sports to blame everyone but him for leaving a mess behind him?

7 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

To 'match Alan' would Oran not need to sign 11 duds out of 11 signings, blow most of the season's budget on players not up to the job, ostracize the squad he inherited, appoint a clown of a first team coach with 2 previous relegations under his belt, moan about the board and his budget all within a manner of a few months and then get a pal on BT Sports to blame everyone but him for leaving a mess behind him?

Again posters need to actually think what they are posting, and about who!

were Jones, Edwards and Cooke duds on Saturday? Isnt it about time supporters started to support everyone in a St Mirren jersey?

A manager brings in players to suit what he - and he alone - wants to do with the squad - tactics and player development being at the heart of the managers regime. BUT.....He must be given time to develop the tactics / squad into the his long term plans. No one can now rubbish Stubbs players and / or tactics as he simply wasn't given time. Another manager then has a different vision and even capabilities to "develop" players - something Stubbs had a good track record and brilliant contacts with the Premiership U21's that are the UK's future stars. Stubbs wasn't even given time to be branded incompetent! He goes on with his career in tact - but two very poor chairman / boards haveshown how inept they are.

25 minutes ago, LOVENEST said:

A manager brings in players to suit what he - and he alone - wants to do with the squad - tactics and player development being at the heart of the managers regime. BUT.....He must be given time to develop the tactics / squad into the his long term plans. No one can now rubbish Stubbs players and / or tactics as he simply wasn't given time. Another manager then has a different vision and even capabilities to "develop" players - something Stubbs had a good track record and brilliant contacts with the Premiership U21's that are the UK's future stars. Stubbs wasn't even given time to be branded incompetent! He goes on with his career in tact - but two very poor chairman / boards haveshown how inept they are.

hmmmm? Topcat, LPM ? No way could you have paid money to go and watch Stubbs teams.  Anyway Stubbs was not sacked because of results. Do your own home work it's all out there. Will give you 1 out of 10 that's just for taking the time to type.  

25 minutes ago, LOVENEST said:

Hi Alan,

In 9 matches we failed to beat Queen's Park in 90 minutes, went 2-0 down to Spartans before earning a 90 minute draw, found ourselves 4-1 down at half time to Hearts, 3-0 down after 27 minutes to Aberdeen, were 2-0 early on at Ibrox and had our asses saved by a red card. His 11 signings have not strengthened the squad, a squad we knew needed to improve after promotion.

Since your exit two loan signings have been sent back, the likes of Jeff King and Cole Kpekawa can't get a look in. Kearney has made improvements with just the free agency, Anton Ferdinand had been huge for us, Simeon Jackson is an improvement on the current strike force, but ideally needs a big lad next to him instead of a forward line of midgets. There's a player there, but he hasn't received the right support yet to suit his attributes. With Cooke appearing on Saturday it might be time to try him out alongside Jackson this weekend. Hammell is a good player but as known in his Barnsley days, the attitude wasn't always right. But Oran has had to bring in what he can and he's recruited well so far with limited options.

Your career is not intact, Rotherham was a disaster and tbh the failure to get Hibs promoted in two attempts was appalling IMO, especially when a young Hearts side annihilated the Championship (with Sevco in there) and Hibs were nowhere near them. The one saving grace was that Scottish Cup success which ended their ridiculously long drought.

Every St Mirren fan wanted Alan to do well. To not want to see him succeed, would you really be a Saints fan? f**k, I even backed Tommy Craig and I seen the absolute disaster he committed at my home club in Belgium when he helped end a spell of over 20 years in the top flight (thankfully we returned immediately). As much as I disliked the man, come match day I wanted to see him pull out a result because it's my club and I always want us to win. The fact is, things were looking so bad we had to act quickly. Oran gets given time because he's trying to sort out a mess he never created.

You bring up ancient history but looking at Rotherhams recent history they are grinding out good points away from home with 30% possession and at Blackburn they had one shot and scored. 

Both Rotherham and St Mirren needed a total revamp in a new heavy league and the old / existing players were not up for the fight ahead. Stubbs problem was he was honest with these players and that caused these players to revolt...and the fans / board listened. He brought in younger bright players to mould into a fighting force but both fans and boards of both clubs panicked. Just watching the City v United match and Pep was given 18 months to get his methods across and there were some very poor results early in his City life.

In football terms the time he was given at both clubs only shows the club in a bad light. Both clubs suffered under the manager that took over from Stubbs - why....because they didn't play the right tactics for the players Stubbs brought in and nurture the young talent he knew were neede. At Rotherham the players  that bleated went on to get the club relegated and those that bleated here look like they're doing the same.

The players can't be allowed to run the club. 

5 hours ago, TopCat said:

A point or more needed at home against joint top Hearts for Oran to match Alan in game 10.

Can he finally do it? Keep your votes coming!

And the forum’s Most Self Righteous Numpty Award goes to.

One would assume you’d be too ashamed from your ‘tick tock’ antics to ever darken the doors of this forum again...

Give it a rest.

• 3 months later...
On 10/31/2018 at 10:09 PM, TopCat said:

Just a quick light hearted poll after tonight’s debacle.  

How many games do you think Oran will need to match Alan’s points total of 3?

Personally I’m going to go for his 11th game in charge.  Hamilton at home on the 1st of December.   

What’s your pick?  Keen for Gordon Scott and the rest of the board votes on this.

4 goals away at Pittodrie and they are not all for Aberdeen or all in the first hour. 

OK will NEVER match Stubbs - He was superior in every way as a manager before he arrived and he will go on to becoming a top manager for us...

Well done the BOD and the new TEAM who they spot and sign as Saint's players - fabulous work...    :guinness

Edited by Sweeper07

Score at Pittodrie a few weeks after Stubbs assembled his squad, Aberdeen 4 (Gary Mackay-Steven 16, 57 pen); Shinnie 20; May, 26) St Mirren 0. - Aberdeen had 23 shots at goal that day, 12 of them on target.

Score at Tynecastle a few weeks after Stubbs assembled his squad, Hearts 4 (Naismith 4 pen, 41, 43; Lee, 30) St Mirren 1 (Dunne og, 19) - Hearts had 30 shots that day and Stubbs said afterwards "It's not as though teams are completely cutting us open..."

Score at Pittodrie a few weeks after Kearney has assembled his squad, Aberdeen 2 (Ferguson, 32; Cosgrove 77) St Mirren 2 (Nazon 20 pen; McAllister 61). Aberdeen come from behind twice to scrape a draw at home.

Score at Tynecastle a few weeks after Kearney assmbles his squad, Hearts 1 (Dikamona, 56) St Mirren 1 (Clare og, 66) - the game wasn't over after 30 minutes and Hearts have half the number of shots against us compared with the Stubbs era with 1 slightly flukey win in Stubbs' favour).

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

On 2/24/2019 at 1:34 AM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Score at Pittodrie a few weeks after Stubbs assembled his squad, Aberdeen 4 (Gary Mackay-Steven 16, 57 pen); Shinnie 20; May, 26) St Mirren 0. - Aberdeen had 23 shots at goal that day, 12 of them on target.

Score at Tynecastle a few weeks after Stubbs assembled his squad, Hearts 4 (Naismith 4 pen, 41, 43; Lee, 30) St Mirren 1 (Dunne og, 19) - Hearts had 30 shots that day and Stubbs said afterwards "It's not as though teams are completely cutting us open..."

Score at Pittodrie a few weeks after Kearney has assembled his squad, Aberdeen 2 (Ferguson, 32; Cosgrove 77) St Mirren 2 (Nazon 20 pen; McAllister 61). Aberdeen come from behind twice to scrape a draw at home.

Score at Tynecastle a few weeks after Kearney assmbles his squad, Hearts 1 (Dikamona, 56) St Mirren 1 (Clare og, 66) - the game wasn't over after 30 minutes and Hearts have half the number of shots against us compared with the Stubbs era with 1 slightly flukey win in Stubbs' favour).

Score at Greenhill Road on 25th August, St Mirren 0, Livingston 2 (Hamilton 14; Lithgow, 36) - another game over by half time and a match where Livi started the day below us in the league, and where we registered 0 shots on target in 90 minutes at home against a team who had been promoted along with us.. Stubbs went on to try and sign 38 year old Kenny Miller (unsuccessfully again)  for a second time since joining us as manager.

Score at Greenhill on 2nd March, St Mirren 1, Livingston 0.... this time round Livi registered 1 shot on target in 90 minutes compared with our 5.