Poll: When Will Oran Match Alan?

TopCat

What game?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You were a miserable shite poster before OK was appointed and your still a miserable shite poster. What's your point ?

My point is I’m sorry that facts inconvenience your argument.

ETA I would comment on your style of posting, but I don’t have any idea who you are. Sorry.

I remember when Fergie was 1 job away from the boot at Man U. He had a huge job to do when he got there and was accorded the time and backing. What he didn't do however was spunk all the money he was given on inferior players and lose the players respect. Oran IMO has to be given time to sort out the mess left by previous managers. He will come good.

11 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Being bottom of the league after 24 games in charge cannot be deemed ‘success’

It’s a fair point to date

He's had a grand total of 8 games with his own squad and that includes the 2 Scottish Cup games and a few games where the transfer window was still open and where we were still hoping to bring players in.  He had 18 league games with Stubbs' squad which was usually beaten by half time except against Dundee who helped us out by missing a penalty and a glut of other chances and gifting us a unique winner. Now that Oran has his own squad I don't think it is up for debate who has signed the better squad, and which team looks capable of competing in this league. Last time we played Livi at home they started the game on 1 point for the season and sat below us in the league and they won 0-2 and we didn't get 1 shot on target in the whole game and it was part of a run of games where we were well beaten before half time (Aberdeen, Rangers, Livingston, Hearts).

He's had a grand total of 8 games with his own squad and that includes the 2 Scottish Cup games and a few games where the transfer window was still open and where we were still hoping to bring players in.  He had 18 league games with Stubbs' squad which was usually beaten by half time except against Dundee who helped us out by missing a penalty and a glut of other chances and gifting us a unique winner. Now that Oran has his own squad I don't think it is up for debate who has signed the better squad, and which team looks capable of competing in this league. Last time we played Livi at home they started the game on 1 point for the season and sat below us in the league and they won 0-2 and we didn't get 1 shot on target in the whole game and it was part of a run of games where we were well beaten before half time (Aberdeen, Rangers, Livingston, Hearts).

Also important to remember he was having to bring players in during the January transfer window, no pre-season nor league cup games against lower league teams to bed the players in.
It’s going to be a big ask to stay in this league given the clusterf**k that was the Stubbs era but fingers crossed , with a lot of hard work and determination we can do it.

I remember when Fergie was 1 job away from the boot at Man U. He had a huge job to do when he got there and was accorded the time and backing. What he didn't do however was spunk all the money he was given on inferior players and lose the players respect. Oran IMO has to be given time to sort out the mess left by previous managers. He will come good.

TOP CAT dosent want to give anyone a chance, remember the tic toc on Ross. He must of been disappointed on what happened.

28 minutes ago, JM1 said:

Imagine being raging that your team won just cos you think they should've appointed a different manager, manager, manager........................................................   emoji23.png

Where does it end.

I hope our managers is still with us next season. Wherever that be.

15 hours ago, whydowebother said:
17 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
You were a miserable shite poster before OK was appointed and your still a miserable shite poster. What's your point ?

Being bottom of the league after 24 games in charge cannot be deemed ‘success’

It’s a fair point to date

Thought I told you to get a room with your ever loving, I meant shut the fricking door and STAY inside.  :P

18 hours ago, TopCat said:

ETA I would comment on your style of posting, but I don’t have any idea who you are. Sorry.

Your still grinding the axe :blink: We won  yesterday  that's three games undefeated Aberdeen away , Hearts away , Livie at home. That cheers me up no end as a St Mirren fan. What's happened to you T.C ? 

20 hours ago, TopCat said:

The guy that wanted Jack sacked:lol:. Mate your a crap WUM . Who really cares what you think. Stats on here shows your a prick. Maybe a poll on that might make you realise what a fanny you are.... happy to start it

There is no argument here - this is madness.

For 3 games in a row we are seeing and reaping the fruits of 6 months preparations and the axe wielding to the Stubbs cr*p squad. Bringing in more than an entire team of players.

Before this point we had guys injured or just in the door and even during these last 3, we were without good first team players AND we still got positive results.

Next week against Kilmarnock if we get 1 or 3 points - that will be us unbeaten in 4 straight Premiership matches - that was impossible with Stubbs as our manager and even with Oran while he was hampered by those same inadequate players.

We will pass Dee over the next 2 games with a single point as they are playing the ugly sisters. IF we make ground up on Hamilton too - we will soon see who copes when they are under pressure - We are now much stronger mentally and in overall squad/player ability - we are now picking up decent points and points win prizes.

It is suddenly much better being a Saints fan once again . . . :spud6

I reckon it is much more stressful to be slightly ahead than slightly behind.

I remember feeling real pressure years ago when Dunfermline kept winning behind us and I will specifically never forget the Motherwell game when the Pars were leading 1-0 at Inverness and we were losing 2-0. That was horrendous. At the same time the Pars fans would never have felt more alive as they kept cutting the gap. Funny how pressure acts sometimes.

Right now I reckon Dundee will be shitting themselves and so will Motherwell. I am pretty sure our players are now starting to calm down and fully believe they can survive this. We'll see if that's true over the next 3 games.

Edited by oaksoft

45 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I reckon it is much more stressful to be slightly ahead than slightly behind.

I remember feeling real pressure years ago when Dunfermline kept winning behind us and I will specifically never forget the Motherwell game when the Pars were leading 1-0 at Inverness and we were losing 2-0. That was horrendous. At the same time the Pars fans would never have felt more alive as they kept cutting the gap. Funny how pressure acts sometimes.

Right now I reckon Dundee will be shitting themselves and so will Motherwell. I am pretty sure our players are now starting to calm down and fully believe they can survive this. We'll see if that's true over the next 3 games.

Agree with this except I think you mean Hamilton and not Motherwell

Edited by Sweeper07

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Agree with this except I think you mean Hamilton and not Motherwell

28 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Whit? I can't believe I posted that. :lol:

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Maybe it is a prophesy for next season! :lol:

Maybe Orcsoft is illiterate and can’t spell “Hamilton”?

(I’m surprised that he didnae ‘correct’ prophesy’...)

no smilie...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

25th August 2018 - St Mirren 0 v Livingston 2 (Hamilton: 14, Lithgow 36) - game over before half time (again),  0 shots on target against a team who were below us at that time!

2nd March 2019 - St Mirren 1 (Flynn, 89) v Livingston 0 - 5 shots on target, the win lifts us to within 1 point of 11th placed Dundee.

20th April 2019 - Livingston 1 (Robinson: 20) v St Mirren 3 (P McGinn: 26, Mullen: 76, Jackson: 80) - 9 shots on target, the win lifts us 6 points clear of Dundee.