Players Who Can Leave Today

shull

There must be a few who are adding nothing to our squad and we would be better cutting our losses and showing them the door.

First out would be Edwards the cheat after his outrageous dive last night  in trying to get a penalty. 

I fecking detest  that in a human being, especially playing the beautiful game.

He had a couple more simulations in the match, one standing out was feigning a face injury in the first half after a high kick was supposed to have smashed him.

Fecking disgraceful behaviour by Edwards, that I hate anybody doing, even more so in a St Mirren jersey.

Mullen can go also for his diving.

Really, the vast majority of the Squad can pick up their boots and beat it from Paisley..

However , we cannae play 2 a side or 3 a side teams till January.

Hopefully , Nicholl can turn them into less than serious shite.

BRING ON THE SEVCO ( 2012 ) 

For me Flynn, I just don't see what he brings to the team, never have. Edwards I disagree with, I don't like cheating but last night he worked his backside off, chased a lot of lost causes, doesn't excuse what he did as to me it appeared that he had beaten his marker.  I would keep Edwards as I think he does put a shift in.

What I didn't understand last night was the formation, several players being played out of position and we struggled. With the starting eleven last night I thought we were playing 4 2 3 1, Hodson, Edwards, P McGinn, Smith & Hammell all appeared lost last night. And as a result of last night's performance all 11 players wouldn't be missed.

17 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

For me Flynn, I just don't see what he brings to the team, never have. Edwards I disagree with, I don't like cheating but last night he worked his backside off, chased a lot of lost causes, doesn't excuse what he did as to me it appeared that he had beaten his marker.  I would keep Edwards as I think he does put a shift in.

He runs around a lot and 'puts a shift in' but what does Edwards actually do? Anybody know? Because I've yet to see him do a single thing that's positive whilst in a St.Mirren shirt. This shouldn't be a surprise to us either as Thistle fans on P&B warned us he's nothing more than a run around.

He can do one.

Flynn was little boy lost last night , he didn’t seem to know what his role was and that is disappointing... from a managerial point of view he either didn’t understand or simply didn’t perform, either way the management should have acted before HE did.

Edwards is great at running about. Let’s just leave that there.

Jones . I can’t get those saying he played well, didn’t win enough Ariel battles, terrible distribution ( like most last night to be fair ) and just seems to want to tug at players waists .

Smith , Stubbs didn’t fancy him , Kearney seems unconvinced. Think his time here is coming to an end.

Willock. There is most definitely a player there but he has to learn to at least jump high enough to be a nuisance . Skilful as hell on the deck but in the SPFL he needs to be able to fight also.

Sammy . Bad day at the office all round. The well fans certainly seem to have him rattled .

Massive changes needed , personnel , attitude , tactics and application all need addressed

Edwards is a headless chicken. Very fit, very stupid and not very good at football. Please go. Hodson can't defend or attack, quite the point of him I don't know. Does fit in with our height policy though, however this is not enough for me. Please go. P McGinn, I want to like him but passing or crossing aren't things he's good at. And he's not good at centre halfing either. Not helping us much. Danny Mullen. Falls over too much, there is a determined, niggly wee talented player in there, can't help feeling most refs already got his card marked, but I would keep him. Flynn looks disinterested and is mostly ineffective. Flashes of a player there. Can thread a pass, has good feet. Jury out, whatever he's been honking of late. Sammy. Good at penalties but outweighs this with frequent clangers. Last night's calamity sealed our fate although he had 9 others who would have helped if he wasn't able to cost us the first goal. I leave Ferdinand out of that, although he has the look of "wtf have I signed up for" quite frequently. The only player not susceptible to a brisk wind upsetting his balance in the entire squad. Poor Cammy Smith has forgotten he is a talented football player this year. He carries the ball well, turns well, but almost immediately falls over unassisted when approaching a player in the attacking third. Would keep but something currently badly wrong with him. S McGinn, is he injured, is he not? Much debated already. Hammil looks a big time Charlie, not sure if he was hooked for not back tracking at the 2nd last night, either way noticed he stormed off in a huff. Have we seen the last of him? Does have a magical you tube montage though. If he is fit with right attitude a must keep, but is he? Jones looks a frightened child seemingly in quite a big mans body. Must be confidence related, can't be overly harsh. Squad filler at best at the moment. Jackson is a player, he is fast but can't jump 27 feet up in the air to retrieve the average ball launched in his direction. He needs to play off the shoulder and cause problems with his pace with dinked balls over the top. I would be getting Hammil to be the supply line for this, goodness me it might even work! I could go on but I've depressed myself!

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

Edwards dive was a disgrace.To make it worse he could have stayed on his feet and got round the guy,absolutely no need to go down.He brings nothing but misplaced,backward passes to the game.

Totally agree. He should've been taken off straight after that. Should be his last appearance in a St.Mirren team.

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

Edwards dive was a disgrace.To make it worse he could have stayed on his feet and got round the guy,absolutely no need to go down.He brings nothing but misplaced,backward passes to the game.

I have to agree , from where we sit at the back edge of W5 we are quite far away but we all cringed in unison at what we saw. He didnt need to  either, he was past the men. 

I'll keep it short and sweet. Not all of the below will go. In my opinion though any of them can leave at any point. 

Rodgers (now that he's fit, either play him of punt him) 

Hodson

Edwards

P. McGinn

Flynn

Jones

Kpewkawa

Cooke

King

McShane

Kirkpartick

Heaton

Smith

Mullen 

I'd also have no real issue with Eckersley or MacKenzie moving on either. 

There is not one player worth keeping,we have sold all our future mcginn,McLean, Morgan,mallan, McAllister,we got dross left..if that programme "can't pay,we take it away"turns up at greenhill road,they would be Ragin,because we got nothing for them too take couple of old fitba boots lying about..left with the dreads.squad is carnage and players crap.all time low,equal to Craig, Murray, coughlin era

Right, after being soundly beaten at home by an extremely poor Motherwell side it has shown that our playing squad is weaker than the alcohol content of a dead nuns piss water.

Players I would keep

Craig Samson

Anton Ferdinand

Cameron McPherson

Jack Baird

Simeon Jackson

Players I would let go

Everyone else

Literally no-one else in our squad would get a game at ANY other Scottish premier league team, none of them.  Our full backs are rank rotten, our midfield non existent and our one striker, well the poor bugger cannot get near the ball.  An example of our utter hopeless situation would be Ryan Flynn's red card.  We should NOT appeal it as we have plenty of replacements, many other players who can come in and achieve nothing.   

Right, after being soundly beaten at home by an extremely poor Motherwell side it has shown that our playing squad is weaker than the alcohol content of a dead nuns piss water.

Players I would keep
Craig Samson
Anton Ferdinand
Cameron McPherson
Jack Baird
Simeon Jackson

Players I would let go
Everyone else

Literally no-one else in our squad would get a game at ANY other Scottish premier league team, none of them.  Our full backs are rank rotten, our midfield non existent and our one striker, well the poor bugger cannot get near the ball.  An example of our utter hopeless situation would be Ryan Flynn's red card.  We should NOT appeal it as we have plenty of replacements, many other players who can come in and achieve nothing.   

Agree with this.

The five players you mentioned are the only ones who’s reputation hasn’t went backwards this season IMO. Maybe add Magennis in there, he’s always injured right enough.

But the problem we have is that a lot of our players are not up to it in the Premiership but good in the Championship. They showed that last season.

Therefore, do we keep them with next seasons almost inevitable Championship campaign in mind?

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Agree with this.

The five players you mentioned are the only ones who’s reputation hasn’t went backwards this season IMO. Maybe add Magennis in there, he’s always injured right enough.

But the problem we have is that a lot of our players are not up to it in the Premiership but good in the Championship. They showed that last season.

Therefore, do we keep them with next seasons almost inevitable Championship campaign in mind?

Serious question how many from the championship team played last night or for that matter most weeks ? 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'll keep it short and sweet. Not all of the below will go. In my opinion though any of them can leave at any point. 

Rodgers (now that he's fit, either play him of punt him) 

Hodson

Edwards

P. McGinn

Flynn

Jones

Kpewkawa

Cooke

King

McShane

Kirkpartick

Heaton

Smith

Mullen 

I'd also have no real issue with Eckersley or MacKenzie moving on either. 

I'd keep McGinn from that list. He's an average full back and to replace so many players doesn't always work.I think bringing in half a team of regular starters is the least wee need to turn this round and i hope we're looking right now, Hopefully OK has a few gems that he can get from Ireland on the cheap.

3 hours ago, HSS said:

Totally agree. I can't believe some people think he put a shift in last night, what I saw was someone uncommitted who constantly failed to close players down and when he got the ball gave it away. For me, Willock is the only one of Stubbs signings who would get in the squad, as at least he adds a  bit of physicality. 

Serious question how many from the championship team played last night or for that matter most weeks ? 

Last night:

Samson
Flynn
McGinn
Smith
Mullen

Most weeks you can add Baird in there too, or Magennis if he’s ever fit.

What’s your point exactly....?

27 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Totally agree. I can't believe some people think he put a shift in last night, what I saw was someone uncommitted who constantly failed to close players down and when he got the ball gave it away. For me, Willock is the only one of Stubbs signings who would get in the squad, as at least he adds a  bit of physicality. 

Agree about Willock being the only one of the original signings that could get a game (or maybe Jones at a push). However Willock doesn't look fit to me. He quickly runs out of steam after about 30 mins. Has a good pass and close control but has to learn to pass more often and not run into a wall of opposition players. But compared to what else we have he seems decent.

There is not one player worth keeping,we have sold all our future mcginn,McLean, Morgan,mallan, McAllister,we got dross left..if that programme "can't pay,we take it away"turns up at greenhill road,they would be Ragin,because we got nothing for them too take couple of old fitba boots lying about..left with the dreads.squad is carnage and players crap.all time low,equal to Craig, Murray, coughlin era

Magennis