Stephen McGinn

3 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

As harsh as it sounds it might just be that Stephen isn't good enough to be a premiership player. He was at Dundee in 2015 and they hardly raved about him. He might be better with better players around him,

We will get taken apart all season if we persist with McGinn and Flynn in the middle.

As good as McGinn had been the previous season and a half, there isn't one player this season (apart from Sammy until last night) that I would give pass marks to and not one that I would be bothered if they were dropped or punted.

Stephen is as good a player as we have.  I wouldn't want to write him off. 

I am a fan of McGinn and admit he is nowhere near his best. However who is better than him for him to be dropped? Flynn is the Invisible man; Edwards is a Duracell bunny; Hammill doesn't want to get his shirt dirty or sweaty; Willock only has 30 mins in him before he is knackered. We are a sorry lot just now. I'd maybe give the captaincy to Anton and take the responsibility off McGinn. And give Erharon a start in place of any one of the others and try Jones in midfield.

13 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I am a fan of McGinn and admit he is nowhere near his best. However who is better than him for him to be dropped? Flynn is the Invisible man; Edwards is a Duracell bunny; Hammill doesn't want to get his shirt dirty or sweaty; Willock only has 30 mins in him before he is knackered. We are a sorry lot just now. I'd maybe give the captaincy to Anton and take the responsibility off McGinn. And give Erharon a start in place of any one of the others and try Jones in midfield.

Midfield is a huge problem for us yet they showed they are capable  particularly in the first half against Celtic. Midfield is needing overhauled it is the weak spot in the team. 

As harsh as it sounds it might just be that Stephen isn't good enough to be a premiership player. He was at Dundee in 2015 and they hardly raved about him. He might be better with better players around him,
We will get taken apart all season if we persist with McGinn and Flynn in the middle.
As good as McGinn had been the previous season and a half, there isn't one player this season (apart from Sammy until last night) that I would give pass marks to and not one that I would be bothered if they were dropped or punted.

He wasn’t getting a game for League 2 Wycombe Wanderers before he came to us.

Seems to be a bizarre determination to put him not being good enough down to some phantom injury. An injury which doesn’t stop him playing 90 minutes every week without any sign of physical discomfort.

I don’t believe he’s injured at all.

38 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We could drop any one of them and it wouldn't affect us greatly, including McGinn. Nobody is bulletproof.

Guest TPAFKATS

This [emoji116]

Guest TPAFKATS
McGinn is a good player, he doesn't have many good players around him, McGennis being out isn't helping.  I think with a good holding midfielder, the defence sorted and McGennis back fit we would see McGinn improve but at the moment we have neither.
Kyle is a big miss at the moment.

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

Graeme Macpherson @Graeme_Macphers 13m13 minutes ago

Replying to @West_Bank_SMFC

Went back to listen to the tape again. OK referred to Stephen's "aches and pains" as a player in his late 20s and the knee surgery he had at Watford. But he adds: "At this point in time there's no issue there".

McGinn not injured according to OK !

Cough cough.........................this is a great thread. 

6 hours ago, TopCat said:

He wasn’t getting a game for League 2 Wycombe Wanderers before he came to us.

Seems to be a bizarre determination to put him not being good enough down to some phantom injury. An injury which doesn’t stop him playing 90 minutes every week without any sign of physical discomfort.

I don’t believe he’s injured at all.

McGinn is off form, talking about his last point is completely irrelevant, he’s been fantastic for us for the most part. 

Even right now he’s far better than anything else we have in that position. It’s been confirmed by many reliable sources he’s carrying a knock. Why choose not to believe it? 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

McGinn is off form, talking about his last point is completely irrelevant, he’s been fantastic for us for the most part. 

Even right now he’s far better than anything else we have in that position. It’s been confirmed by many reliable sources he’s carrying a knock. Why choose not to believe it? 

:lol:

Pointless picking on one player as being poor when the whole squad collectively has been utter shite.

He needs the right players in there with him. Willock is a must pick for me, purely down to the fact that he’s our only physical midfield player. How he was dropped for Flynn last night is beyond me.

Magennis is getting welcomed back with open arms.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Because Top Cat has some weird dislike of Jack Ross, and as he's not here anymore but McGinn was close to JR, he's the easiest target.

14 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Is amazing how many budding journalists we have on here with their sources.

Quite incredible some Saints fans can't believe McGinn is carrying an injury. Reliable people who have proved correct in the past on Twitter. Here our best player arguably last year has all of a sudden became a shite player ( TopCat) is nothing short of disgraceful Topcat should be ashamed of himself for using such language.  

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

What knocked him. A tank ?

8 hours ago, Sonny said:

IF he is carrying an injury you have to weigh up the short term pain for the McGinn gain when he comes back after getting it sorted. a fully fit McGinn for half a season would be far better than a half fit McGinn for a full season. It's time for the management to get things sorted. We're losing, ten without a win now, so how much worse can we get. It's not as if we look like Stephen is making a difference to results in a positive way. 

FWIW. I didn't see anything in the last two games to make me think we're anything but cannon fodder anyway so drop the guy and get him sorted. Let others carry the can..

Quite incredible some Saints fans can't believe McGinn is carrying an injury. Reliable people who have proved correct in the past on Twitter. Here our best player arguably last year has all of a sudden became a shite player ( TopCat) is nothing short of disgraceful Topcat should be ashamed of himself for using such language.  

So it’s the manager that is wrong when he says there is no issue there?