Stephen McGinn

The guy has been a great player for us and will,  I hope,  stay with us for a while.  Sure his playing form has dipped. That happens.  Stepping up to the Premiership has been a challenge.  Is he carrying excess weight?  Is his hamstring causing trouble? Only those inside the club will know for sure.  Certainly could do with him at peak fitness and form. 

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Is that tongue in cheek ? Why would he "manage it" over a close season rather than get it diagnosed and treated ?

What do you think?

Saturday was the first time this season McGinn has put in a lot of effort and he broke down,  just as he did against Utd last season.

How many times have you seen opposition midfielders run past him this season as he jogs back?

14 hours ago, Jack the lad said:

What do you think?

Saturday was the first time this season McGinn has put in a lot of effort and he broke down,  just as he did against Utd last season.

How many times have you seen opposition midfielders run past him this season as he jogs back?

The player says he wasn't injured before Saturday as have the club therefore I think he wasn't injured ! He looks generally unfit to me not injured. He needs to lose weight to improve his mobility and lack of pace.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The player says he wasn't injured before Saturday as have the club therefore I think he wasn't injured ! He looks generally unfit to me not injured. He needs to lose weight to improve his mobility and lack of pace.

Tend to agree with what you say but OK did imply that he had the normal aches,  pains and whatever of a player his age plus the impact of surgery when at Watford.  Two of the three McGinn brothers are bulky (Stephen and John) and probably have to work to keep weight off. 

Feck the club have hired Junior Mendez & you’ve been here all along. They could of saved money & asked you. [emoji106][emoji12]

2 hours ago, ged62 said:

Feck the club have hired Junior Mendez & you’ve been here all along. They could of saved money & asked you. emoji106.pngemoji12.png

No need to ask anyone. The player himself and his manager both said the same thing. My opinion on his general lack of fitness is based on my personal observation, he looks to be carrying excess weight to me.  Junior is a sports scientist not a doctor. He won't be diagnosing anything.

• 4 months later...
39 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Has had an op on his hernia. Club say he hopes to be back in 2 weeks, though I'd have thought that's a tad optimistic.

That does sound overly optimistic. Would love it to be true though.

Wonder how serious the hernia was as in some cases it could have waited until the season was over.

28 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

That does sound overly optimistic. Would love it to be true though.

Wonder how serious the hernia was as in some cases it could have waited until the season was over.

It has been holding him back for too long now. So with Tansey back this weekend, we have cover - best Stephen is back before the final games - they could be crucial to our survival. And at least there is a better chance of him being fully fit for next season.

Get well and fully fit soon Stevie boy ! In the mean time - no room for sentiment or criticism - let's pick up valuable points and move up the table . . .   11th, then 10th   :happyclapper

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Never lost faith in Stephen McGinn clearly has been suffering pain this season so glad it's now fixed. Get well soon Stephen. 

Exactly. Hopefully get him back in time for some crucial games, as his leadership qualities could help us through.