Stephen McGinn

54 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Heard for a while an opration was needed assume it was thought he could get through the rest of the season. 

I think that's what gets me: it's been whispered about that he's been carrying an injury for some time, and some might say his performances have reflected that. Without knowing what the injury was, I assumed they were just trying to get him to the end of the season.

However, know we know that it's a hernia, and while it's also true that hernias can be 'managed', hearing that there's a possible two-week recovery window, makes me utterly sure we should have acted sooner and pushed his op through.

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

Could this op not have been carried out during the winter break? 

Perhaps it was not deemed serious enough at that time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing,

Yeah, that post you've quoted was me developing my point that it should have been done during the break. Totally agree.

Maybe it was less serious then, but hernias don't go away, and he was already struggling. It's poor squad/injury management, IMO.

13 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Yeah, that post you've quoted was me developing my point that it should have been done during the break. Totally agree.

Maybe it was less serious then, but hernias don't go away, and he was already struggling. It's poor squad/injury management, IMO.

Are you a doctor? Do you know for certain what is wrong? Then how then flying feck do you know its bad management?

6 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Are you a doctor? Do you know for certain what is wrong? Then how then flying feck do you know its bad management?

Calm down, pal.

He's got a hernia and, according to reports, has been nursing it for some time. His op could have been done in the break to miss fewer games.

Instead they've waited until now. Don't need to be a doctor to work that out.

He's been noticeably less mobile in his last few games. I assume the situation got worse than expected. 

I think he also wanted to "soldier on", which probably wasn't the best decision. I'd imagine this is why he was trying to play against Killie and us getting to ten minutes before kick off before he was taken out the team. I hope the operation goes well, and equally hope Magennis is able to come back, the other midfielders we have in there just aren't good enough to be honest.

56 minutes ago, Kemp said:

He's been noticeably less mobile in his last few games. I assume the situation got worse than expected. 

I think he also wanted to "soldier on", which probably wasn't the best decision. I'd imagine this is why he was trying to play against Killie and us getting to ten minutes before kick off before he was taken out the team. I hope the operation goes well, and equally hope Magennis is able to come back, the other midfielders we have in there just aren't good enough to be honest.

He's not been mobile all season!

He was on the sportsound podcast yesterday, worth a listen. Could be another few weeks or even a month till he is back in action.

Also confirmed that Dallas asked Defoe "did you dive?" , to which Defoe replied "no", before giving Rangers one of their four penalties :lol: 

Doubt he would've asked Duckens Nazon the same question.... :unsure:

Edited by Doakes

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I am absolutely fukking delighted to see that Peter Godfrey will also be inducted into our Hall of Fame. 

Left out of our Scottish Cup winning team for the 1987 final (a disgrace IMO), this is the least that our club could do as recompense. 

A legend. 

16 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I am absolutely fukking delighted to see that Peter Godfrey will also be inducted into our Hall of Fame. 

Left out of our Scottish Cup winning team for the 1987 final (a disgrace IMO), this is the least that our club could do as recompense. 

A legend. 

Big Peter. Really? Great news for him. He also worked for me at the time.

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

Big Peter. Really? Great news for him. He also worked for me at the time.

I met the big fella at the horse racing in the mid-90s (either Musselburgh or Perth, can't remember which), he was working as a prison officer at the time. Lovely guy, worthy of recognition in our HoF.

• 2 weeks later...