Alan Stubbs Speaks

shull

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Who? :rolleyes:

You can't be serious. 

Then again if you don't do home games you'll have missed a lot of the clapping antics. Steve McGinn's famous get into them clap at the Spartans game. McGinn and Smiths mutual appreciation claps and Steven McGinn walking to the fans after atrocious performances to clap them out the stadium.

Fairly obvious dig I think

Just now, East Lothian Saint said:

You can't be serious. 

Then again if you don't do home games you'll have missed a lot of the clapping antics. Steve McGinn's famous get into them clap at the Spartans game. McGinn and Smiths mutual appreciation claps and Steven McGinn walking to the fans after atrocious performances to clap them out the stadium.

I kinda guessed, the famous "injured" McGinn. :wink:

28 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

You can't be serious. 

Barrage within a few hours. LPM to start it leading to 30 pages. Stubbs is more clever than I gave him credit for. 

Anton always makes a point of applauding the supporters and even Alan Stubbs can't question the big man's contribution on the park. Applause, acknowledgement - call it what you will - is a form of communication and encouragement.  Skills Alan Stubbs seems a wee bit short of.

Edited by magnus

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I think he says he had issues with certain players but naming wouldn't be productive however his reference to clapping the fans leaves us in no doubt who his main issue was with. 

Very true. I'd love to know what went on at La Magna.  AS made a number of mistakes. Chief amongst them was a misinformed belief that the board would back him when dealing with players. Not getting your "chief" player on side couldn't have helped either. I would prefer that he had remained silent.

13 minutes ago, magnus said:

Big Anton always makes a point of applauding the supporters and even Alan Stubbs can't question the big man's contribution on the park. Applause, acknowledgement - call it what you will - is a form of communication and encouragement.  Skills Alan Stubbs seems a wee bit short of.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking McGinn for applauding the fans.  I did appreciate when Jack and the team took the time to applaud us but in those days it looked like the team were putting in the effort.

Stubbs wasn't a happy clapper but unfortunately his teams never usually rewarded us with anything on the park and Captain Fantastic's effort would have been appreciated more if he had done his talking on the park instead of waiting till the end to say thanks for coming boys n girls to another game where it looked like  me and the boys never gave a shit but we're glad you paid hard earned cash to watch us.

Join in the fans celebrations, YES

but don't clap us out the ground when you have been woeful and every one thinks you should have tried harder,

Edited by East Lothian Saint

15 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking McGinn for applauding the fans.  I did appreciate when Jack and the team took the time to applaud us but in those days it looked like the team were putting in the effort.

Stubbs wasn't a happy clapper but unfortunately his teams never usually rewarded us with anything on the park and Captain Fantastic's effort would have been appreciated more if he had done his talking on the park instead of waiting till the end to say thanks for coming boys n girls to another game where it looked like  me and the boys never gave a shit but we're glad you paid hard earned cash to watch us.

Join in the fans celebrations, YES

but don't clap us out the ground when you have been woeful and every one thinks you should have tried harder,

Have to say i am in the "you were pish today, get off the pitch and improve" camp when it comes to players seeking redemption after a feckin woeful performance. If they are that concerned why dont they pay us back our admission fee from their wages?

8 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

“Now it’s Oran (Kearney). It’s his players now and he has to get on with it and try and get results out of them."

Bet Oran's delighted with what you left Alan !. Thanks a bunch !

Clearly AS wasn't delighted with what JR had left him for the job ahead. Clearly OK isn't delighted either with what he has. Par for the course with football managers.  Both are correct however and a clear out is needed sooner rather than later. Where I hope they differ is in the scale of departures and a continuing improvement in the recruits coming  on board leaving us with a group of players committed to the managers philosophy and approach. Anything less will be papering over the cracks.

Edited by St.Ricky

9 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

“Now it’s Oran (Kearney). It’s his players now and he has to get on with it and try and get results out of them."

Bet Oran's delighted with what you left Alan !. Thanks a bunch !

Can you name the star performers thus far that Ross left Stubbs & Oran..? 

Isnt this the crux of the matter?

17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Can you name the star performers thus far that Ross left Stubbs & Oran..? 

Isnt this the crux of the matter?

Stubbs signed 11 players, all failures IMO, hardly Jack Ross's fault !

Oran Kearney has signed 3, 2 of which are of standard and another in Hamill who is, but is underperforming due to an attitude problem that has followed him throught his career.

Edited by lenziebud

Alan who? I've already forgotten him. What a load of pish he talks! he came in all guns blazing and tried to change everything too fast and basically told everyone they were shite, great man management. Contrast his style with Jack Ross and you'll see why Stubbs will never be a good manager, probably a nice guy though.

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Stubbs signed 11 players, all failures IMO, hardly Jack Ross's fault !

Oran Kearney has signed 3, 2 of which are of standard and another in Hamill who is, but is underperforming due to an attitude problem that has followed him throught his career.

Really...?

Jack Ross signed FORTY players so as Delia says 'Lets be 'avin them'

point is our current problems didnt start the day Stubbs walked in the door any more than they did with Oran.