Far more like it

4 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Really? People are reacting like we were playing Barcelona ffs. We got beat 2-0 against a very poor Rangers team. 

It was better than Wednesday but that's only because how bad Wednesday was. 

In our position we look at positives otherwise whats the point. We had a midfield and better shape. Also the wind was the real winner today

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

In our position we look at positives otherwise whats the point. We had a midfield and better shape. Also the wind was the real winner today

There are positives. I'm just pissed off at conceding two goals in the last 10 minutes. The big game is next Saturday anyway. Oran is going to need to come up with something to get more out of this team. 

Edited by LargsBud

12 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

There are positives. I'm just pissed off at conceding two goals in the last 10 minutes. The big game is next Saturday anyway. Oran is going to need to come up with something to get more out of this team. 

Considering as the first goal was a cross yeah. Totally. Next week same effort more forward runs we have a chance

Guest TPAFKATS
Much better. Bite in midfield. Paul McGinn Edwards best games. Belief can be gained from today. Proud to be  a Buddie
Seriously?
Edwards is not a football player. Offers nothing going forward, loses possession and most 'tackles' are usually fouls.
He's got a great engine on him, but so has my VW - it's probably got a better touch as well...

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Seriously?
Edwards is not a football player. Offers nothing going forward, loses possession and most 'tackles' are usually fouls.
He's got a great engine on him, but so has my VW - it's probably got a better touch as well...

Harsh TPAFKATS. 

I'm with DJ on this one... Edwards best game for us. 

16 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Agree with most of the above. 

I know a lot of the Baird lovers wont agree but I think Ferdinand and Jones look much more solid as a pairing. 

Team is crying out for a striker with a bit of height.  Also need a winger with pace 

Thought cooke looked alright in the air when he came on. Edwards who I thought was the worst player I’ve ever seen on Wednesday gave their captain a tough game, and an all out nuisance the full game. Thought it was sad to see us lose so late on but I’d take a defeat like that over wednesdays performance anyday. Hopefully the confidence is starting to build, next week is a must win.

17 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Agree with most of the above. 

I know a lot of the Baird lovers wont agree but I think Ferdinand and Jones look much more solid as a pairing. 

Team is crying out for a striker with a bit of height.  Also need a winger with pace 

Agree. People keep saying 4 5 1 will make us more compact. But who can play upfront as holding striker. We dont have one yet

Saw the game on telly and feared the worst before kick-off.

Have to say that I thought Jones, Paul McGinn, Edwards & in particular Erhahon had stand-out games.

Shouted at the screen more than a couple of times when we kept pumping high balls into our strikers from open play and set-pieces. Yes the wind was a big factor, but why play high balls to a striker who is usually dwarfed by the surrounding defence? We need a big, physical presence in the opposition box. Ideally Anton would be that man but he doesn't go up, even for corners, presumably down to not being able to track back quickly enough if there is a breakaway.

OK, we're in the Premiership now where everybody is allegedly bigger, quicker, fitter than the Championship so why, in the absence of said big, physical presence do we not play with the ball at our feet like we managed to do quite successfully last year?

Although it was another defeat, there were a lot of positives to take from the performance. We just need to do this on a regular basis and the points will come.

Looking at the team yesterday, thought we had a good shape. Could imagine that formation working better if we had Magennis on the right or centre, Eckersley at left back and a powerful striker - not sure that Cody Cooke or Jackson can play that role, perhaps the boy Jamieson who I was impressed with. In January I'd love us to bring in a pacey left winger :ph34r:, a proper striker - big, powerful, goalscorer (don't ask me who), a strong, solid right back... come back Liam Smith :( , and perhaps a natural right mid.. would give us the option to rotate our midfield depending on opposition. Some games I feel we lack width with no natural wingers.

Samson

McGinn   Jones     Ferdinand   Erhahon

McGinn         McShane

Mullen    Willock   Edwards 

Jackson 

2 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Looking at the team yesterday, thought we had a good shape. Could imagine that formation working better if we had Magennis on the right or centre, Eckersley at left back and a powerful striker - not sure that Cody Cooke or Jackson can play that role, perhaps the boy Jamieson who I was impressed with. In January I'd love us to bring in a pacey left winger :ph34r:, a proper striker - big, powerful, goalscorer (don't ask me who), a strong, solid right back... come back Liam Smith :( , and perhaps a natural right mid.. would give us the option to rotate our midfield depending on opposition. Some games I feel we lack width with no natural wingers.

Samson

McGinn         McShane

Jackson 

Agree with all you write there. 

January... We are already shopping ahead of time. 

It's going to be a very interesting 18 months! 

Guest TPAFKATS
Looking at the team yesterday, thought we had a good shape. Could imagine that formation working better if we had Magennis on the right or centre, Eckersley at left back and a powerful striker - not sure that Cody Cooke or Jackson can play that role, perhaps the boy Jamieson who I was impressed with. In January I'd love us to bring in a pacey left winger [emoji185], a proper striker - big, powerful, goalscorer (don't ask me who), a strong, solid right back... come back Liam Smith [emoji20] , and perhaps a natural right mid.. would give us the option to rotate our midfield depending on opposition. Some games I feel we lack width with no natural wingers.

Samson

McGinn         McShane

Jackson 

No sure Liam Smith is the answer if you are looking for a solid defensive right back?

7 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
17 minutes ago, Doakes said:
Looking at the team yesterday, thought we had a good shape. Could imagine that formation working better if we had Magennis on the right or centre, Eckersley at left back and a powerful striker - not sure that Cody Cooke or Jackson can play that role, perhaps the boy Jamieson who I was impressed with. In January I'd love us to bring in a pacey left winger emoji185.png, a proper striker - big, powerful, goalscorer (don't ask me who), a strong, solid right back... come back Liam Smith emoji20.png , and perhaps a natural right mid.. would give us the option to rotate our midfield depending on opposition. Some games I feel we lack width with no natural wingers.

Samson

McGinn         McShane

Jackson 

No sure Liam Smith is the answer if you are looking for a solid defensive right back?

He's maturing, did you watch the Scotland under 21 games? Looked brilliant. Has put on a bit of bulk. Real talent for the future imo. Should have kept him - in a few more years he will be pushing for a Scotland place

Seriously?

As the guy who pronounced that Baird was our best option at centre half - just before he was dropped - I then everyone can safely ignore your ludicrous opinion on players.

Looking at the team yesterday, thought we had a good shape. Could imagine that formation working better if we had Magennis on the right or centre, Eckersley at left back and a powerful striker - not sure that Cody Cooke or Jackson can play that role, perhaps the boy Jamieson who I was impressed with. In January I'd love us to bring in a pacey left winger [emoji185], a proper striker - big, powerful, goalscorer (don't ask me who), a strong, solid right back... come back Liam Smith [emoji20] , and perhaps a natural right mid.. would give us the option to rotate our midfield depending on opposition. Some games I feel we lack width with no natural wingers.

Samson

McGinn         McShane

Jackson 

I’d like to see Cooke given a chance up front. Big lump of a boy who looks as though he could hold the ball up and not get bullied easily. Jackson looks as though he has pace and can take players on, same as Hammill (going by the videos) I could be talking shite as I haven’t been to a game this season (Overseas) so can only rely on Saints TV and highlights. So I’m prepared to stand corrected.

2 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

I’d like to see Cooke given a chance up front. Big lump of a boy who looks as though he could hold the ball up and not get bullied easily. Jackson looks as though he has pace and can take players on, same as Hammill (going by the videos) I could be talking shite as I haven’t been to a game this season (Overseas) so can only rely on Saints TV and highlights. So I’m prepared to stand corrected.

None of us have seen much of Cooke.  Worth a punt.  Jackson is quick but needs support and service.  Hammill has talent and can shift.  Again, not seem very much of him.  Is he match fit?  Is he prepared to work hard enough are the question so I would like to see him answer.  Not sure if that helps. 

Guest TPAFKATS
He's maturing, did you watch the Scotland under 21 games? Looked brilliant. Has put on a bit of bulk. Real talent for the future imo. Should have kept him - in a few more years he will be pushing for a Scotland place
I would've loved us to sign him this season, just feel his strengths are/were going forward more than defending.

47 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
5 hours ago, Doakes said:

I would've loved us to sign him this season, just feel his strengths are/were going forward more than defending.

I thought he developed that part of his game a lot over last season. Solid enough, made runs to create space and was comfortable with the ball at his feet. Big fan of his