1400 fans

11 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

How can 2 teams who are above us in the league, manage to out perform us with a joint fan base of 1400 (yesterday’s attendance Hamilton v Livingston) 

That's not their joint fan base.

So Sevco's fanbase is 3200 and not 50000 because that's what they had at Greenhill Road yesterday.

Livingston and Hamilton are managed better

Livingston have an outstanding Manager/Coach and I don't mean Holt.

Hamilton have been producing decent young players for years despite limited finances.

AND WE'RE A FECKING SHAMBLES & SHITE

8 hours ago, shull said:

So Sevco's fanbase is 3200 and not 50000 because that's what they had at Greenhill Road yesterday.

Hamilton have been producing decent young players for years despite limited finances.

Sadly true

A very poor summer caused this

I’d say Livi are punching far above their weight. They are the exception of the 3 teams mentioned.

St Johnstone and Hamilton are benefiting from a huge difference in prize money, TV revenue and parachute payments from Celtic’s performances in the Champions League over the past few seasons. A difference into the millions, not just thousands 

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

I’d say Livi are punching far above their weight. They are the exception of the 3 teams mentioned.

St Johnstone and Hamilton are benefiting from a huge difference in prize money, TV revenue and parachute payments from Celtic’s performances in the Champions League over the past few seasons. A difference into the millions, not just thousands 

Livi, IMO will soon be down among the bottom teams.

Their early season form, and good luck to them for that, is unlikely to last.

Only problem is they're so far ahead of us they could already be out of reach, now that is sad. 

8 hours ago, shull said:

Agree with the majority of your post but the point about Sevco’s fan base is daft.

They only had 3200 at our ground because that’s all they could have. I’m willing to bet there was mibbes one or two wee gaps in the home and away ends at Hamilton v Livi.

Like you say though. All down to the way the clubs are run.

8 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

How can 2 teams who are above us in the league, manage to out perform us with a joint fan base of 1400 (yesterday’s attendance Hamilton v Livingston) 

Just because Tommy comes from a poor back ground does not mean he will not be successful.  Livingstone have had an amazing start to the season we on the other hand had a rebuilding programme under Mr Stubbs. 

9 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Livingston's answer is stability. They never dismantled a promotion winning squad  and instead added to areas that needed strengthened. They have stuck to their system of making themselves hard to beat.

Hamilton I agree have been punching for some time now, though again, not any major changes, though I am not sure if they have the quality to pull away from the relegation zone this season.

The morale impact post Dundee this Saturday will either kick start our season and give the players much needed belief IF we win.

9 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Bournemouth with a capacity of 10,000 are outperforming Newcastle, Southampton and a number of other bigger clubs. A good manager who can identify good players, is tactically aware and brings stability can make a smaller club more successful than bigger clubs.  A bit like us in late 70s and early 80s when we competed against the bigot brothers.

39 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agree with the majority of your post but the point about Sevco’s fan base is daft.

They only had 3200 at our ground because that’s all they could have. I’m willing to bet there was mibbes one or two wee gaps in the home and away ends at Hamilton v Livi.

Like you say though. All down to the way the clubs are run.

You missed my point regarding the 3200 and the original post of the Topic. 

I could have picked any Team playing away from home on any weekend. 

Dundee next Saturday, 1000 Buddies may attend. 

THAT IS NOT OUR FANBASE. 

So, I am not daft. 

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

St. Johnstone also have the benefit of McDairmid Park generating a lot of cash from conferences & functions.

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

Livingston's answer is stability. They never dismantled a promotion winning squad  and instead added to areas that needed strengthened. They have stuck to their system of making themselves hard to beat.

For Livi it's as much about stability of style as squad - we played expansive football last season and couldn't have gone toe2toe with the bigger teams (in both senses) in this division & JR realized this. The summer's combination of events have left us unprepared in terms of players and I still think the style for a Bottom 6 campaign which is all this season could have ever been realistically. We need to copy Hamilton/Livi & try to shitfest our way to survival this season.

C'mon Oran its still not too late!

Edited by Bud the Baker

37 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

St. Johnstone also have the benefit of McDairmid Park generating a lot of cash from conferences & functions.

For Livi its as much about stability of style as squad - we played expansive football last season and couldn't have gone toe2toe with the bigger teams (in both senses) in this division & JR realized this. The summer's combination of events have left us unprepared in terms of players and I still think the style for a Bottom 6 campaign which is all this season could have ever been realistically. We need to copy Hamilton/Livi & try to shitfest our way to survival this season.

C'mon Oran its still not too late!

Certainly a long road ahead, with plenty of time to gather momentum and keep the teams around us close.

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just because Tommy comes from a poor back ground does not mean he will not be successful.  Livingstone have had an amazing start to the season we on the other hand had a rebuilding programme under Mr Stubbs. 

Who's Tommy?

4 hours ago, shull said:

You missed my point regarding the 3200 and the original post of the Topic. 

I could have picked any Team playing away from home on any weekend. 

Dundee next Saturday, 1000 Buddies may attend. 

THAT IS NOT OUR FANBASE. 

So, I am not daft. 

It would be typical of our away fan base and Dundee's home fan base, which was the point being made. I'm sure the crowd at Hamilton was entirely typical of Hamilton's home crowd and Livi's away support. So you're still daft :P

Even dafter though is linking fan base to performance on the pitch. Unless of course that fan base is significantly larger e.g. the OF.

6 hours ago, Doakes said:

We have to stop blaming finance for this.

Our players have struggled to compete with several lower league teams this season.

It's clearly a problem with the attitude of players at the club right now which includes their personal levels of fitness.

A subsequent problem then becomes the management of those players into a team capable of competing at this level.

The players are capable of the step up. They just need to be prepared to do it when the cameras are absent and when we are not facing the OF.

Edited by oaksoft

14 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Seriously ,  at our level of sub £3m turnover, when has fan base every had much do with anything ............. ?

Should Falkirk, Dumferline , Raith Rovers, Caley not all be ahead of Livi and Accies also ?

They manage to outperform us, because they have better recruitment, traing and coaching.... simple....

On the other side, how did we manage to finish top last season- Same reasons....

Silly thread :blink:

3 hours ago, shull said:

Livingston are irrelevant in the initial post as they make no money from their visit to Hamilton. 

Are you at it?? :lol: 

They are entirely relevant. The (daft)  point the OP seemed to be making is how can two teams who BETWEEN THEM can only muster a crowd of 1400, be outperforming us.

He didn’t actually mention finances at all. We’re just assuming he must have meant that, because as daft as that notion is on its own, he couldn’t possibly just have meant that the simple fact they had smaller supports is relevant to their performances.

Livingston aren't relevant

They may have had only 100 fans at Hamilton and the home team will benefit financially.

However, Livy's fanbase at home could be 10000 every match.

It's all about individual fanbases.

We have bigger than Hamilton & Livy.

We're shite though and waste our income.

They, especially Livy get better value for their income.

19 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Their joint fanbase is around 2500 not 1400.

Accies maybe 1500

Livy maybe  1000

Us presently around 4000.

We have just made a total balls of our spending this season.