I believe Anton

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Where as your post is same old same old. Its as boring as the 'Stubbs Duds' posts that infest this site. Every player in a black and white jersey is a Saint! No ifs, no buts.

Same old? You mean giving credit for a positive post while expressing my surprise? Not sure what the "Stubb Duds" pish is that you're on about. I'll go back to ignoring you.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Well, the point of his post has gone over your head then.

A bit more subtle than usual, but this will just be another thread of players and forum users getting it in the neck. He has started already because you were stupid enough to take the bait!

Read it again.

And you're stupid enough to start throwing insults around for no particular reason.  Subsequent posts have gone back to his normal snide nonsense, but the opener was as positive as I've seen from him, so I gave credit for that. 

Oh and I only need to read things once - it's a talent I have...  :rolleyes:

Dundee created very little v Well it was another thrashing but for poor finishing.

Nothing to fear here. For me this is our season, in that it shows that we can put in a gutsy performance away from home.... and that Oran can get a win

Another Fakes or Accies display Renfrewshire back on next year

Just now, DougJamie said:

Dundee created very little v Well it was another thrashing but for poor finishing.

Nothing to fear here. For me this is our season, in that it shows that we can put in a gutsy performance away from home.... and that Oran can get a win

Another Fakes or Accies display Renfrewshire back on next year

IT is all about our approach on Saturday for me. If we go with the same attitude as the weekend just past, we'll do well. We really do need to get ourselves hyped up for this one, get motivated as it is our biggest match of the season so far.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

I agree Hodson back in, Erahon pushed into midfield is a better option, drop Mcshane, or Mullen.

I'd prefer Eckersley at LB once fit, after Saturday I would keep McShane in the team, isn't outstanding but he did nothing wrong on Saturday considering it was his first 90 mins of the season.

The one thing I liked about the interview was that Anton mentioned that when he is recognised in the streets of Paisley  He is seen as Anton the St.Mirren player not Rio's little brother. Also thought the advice that he is giving to the youngsters is spot on. Play your best every game, no matter if it's for your club or the team you are on loan at cause you don't know who is watching.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

McGowan can certainly play football but he may be too high risk at this point in time.

Not doubting his ability, just feel that it is always his off the pitch antics everyone is talking about rather than his footballing ability. If we acquired his services and he played half as good as he did the first time then yes he would be a great signing.

I like big Anton , comes across as a thoroughly decent guy , who seems to be enjoying the challenge . Would like him to be part of our plans next season too . With regards to changing Saturdays team , I would maybe bring back Eckersley into left back , and move Ethan into central mid , alongside Stephen McGinn , would maybe give  Adam Hamell another chance instead of Willock .

3 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I like big Anton , comes across as a thoroughly decent guy , who seems to be enjoying the challenge . Would like him to be part of our plans next season too . With regards to changing Saturdays team , I would maybe bring back Eckersley into left back , and move Ethan into central mid , alongside Stephen McGinn , would maybe give  Adam Hamell another chance instead of Willock .

Not sure that Stephen will be fit - looked like hamstring troubles at the weekend. Also don't think Eckers is near match fit - has he even had a run out for the reserves yet?

I also suspect Hammill was dropped to make him hungry for this one - let's wait and see...

There is only 3 points and the psychological effect of winning or being defeated against your nearest rival points wise at stake.  BUT, we need to get shots on target, and of course get goals in front... I have a feeling that they will get 1 or 2 sent off - and I hope so... A draw is not a good result for either of us.

Not sure that Stephen will be fit - looked like hamstring troubles at the weekend. Also don't think Eckers is near match fit - has he even had a run out for the reserves yet?
I also suspect Hammill was dropped to make him hungry for this one - let's wait and see...
There is only 3 points and the psychological effect of winning or being defeated against your nearest rival points wise at stake.  BUT, we need to get shots on target, and of course get goals in front... I have a feeling that they will get 1 or 2 sent off - and I hope so... A draw is not a good result for either of us.

Eck played around 50mins of reserve game against Hamilton last week.

3 hours ago, chalky1 said:

The one thing I liked about the interview was that Anton mentioned that when he is recognised in the streets of Paisley  He is seen as Anton the St.Mirren player not Rio's little brother. Also thought the advice that he is giving to the youngsters is spot on. Play your best every game, no matter if it's for your club or the team you are on loan at cause you don't know who is watching.

No doubt he’s been a terrific signing. True professional and revelling in the opportunity to coach our youngsters on and off the park.

shame his legs have gone as I’d like to see him as a threat at the other end of the pitch too, but that’s what the young guys are for, correct ? 

3 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I’d also start Hamell instead of Willock - I do think he provides more of a goal threat. With such a poor ratio of goals per game we need as many attempts as possible.

3 hours ago, chalky1 said:

Not doubting his ability, just feel that it is always his off the pitch antics everyone is talking about rather than his footballing ability. If we acquired his services and he played half as good as he did the first time then yes he would be a great signing.

Is this even a possibility ?

Any idea how he played and was the substitution cautionary or was it a lack of match fitness or?

He did ok considering it was first game and also on a plastic pitch. Think we would be hanging him out to dry to throw him in before he gets his touch and fitness back. Listening to AMcM he says it was always the intention to give him the first half but the decided to give him the start of the second half to get his body used to starting again after the half time interval.

I sat next to Anton at Perth. It was great to see a player sit with the fans and not in the Directors' box. He is such a friendly and positive guy. Kept praising our players and saying we'll get out of this. A good guy to have around the dressing room.

19 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Very true thanks and I have missed out McPherson etc in other areas. Getting there.

I know games aren't won on a piece of paper, though the options we have upfront now are fairly strong and with a bit of confidence installed, i believe we can start creating chances for these guys to put away.

22 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I know that. i have watched him play there. A real prospect. My concern isn't his talent. I would just like to see the lad get increasing amounts of game time before settling in what is probably the most physically demanding of positions. Would he be out of place there now? I don't think so but would like to see him nurtured for a bit longer. As other posters are saying..others have done it so the old adage "if your'e good enough, your'e old enough" seems to be the popular vote.

On selection issues. My take is that a battle for each place is the ideal position to be in. It looks like OK now has at least 3 people battling for the Centre Back  Slots (Baird, Ferdinand and Jones) and at least 2 at the left back position. Midfield looks to be more competitive too and Magennis should be back soon to add to that. Given that Eckersley and MacKenzie shouldn't be too long before they are back fighting for selection. Up front we now have Jackson, Mullen, Hammil and Cooke. Much healthier.

So you have concerns that this young man , who’s natural position is midfield won’t be able to cope against the bottom team in the league yet  as most would agree he was a revelation in the very troublesome and difficult to play left back role against Rangers ? 

As for getting more game time, in this league who do you suggest he gets that game time against if not teams around us ? 

Also , I don’t understand where you are coming from saying we have at least two battling for the left back position. Both Hodson and Erhahon are not left backs and I’m pretty sure they would much rather be battling for their natural and best positions rather than having to fill in because we have no one else available . Eckersley coming back will be a boost but let’s not lose sight of the fact he has had injury issues and is just returning from an operation so at present , he probably isn’t even fully battling for that slot yet .

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

hope not... my 3rd possibility was he picked up a knock or something like that...B)

He played well enough but wasn’t really tested against a young Hamilton team . Looked knackered after 30 mins But showed enough to show why a left footed left back is much preferable to right footed people filling in. 

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

He played well enough but wasn’t really tested against a young Hamilton team . Looked knackered after 30 mins But showed enough to show why a left footed left back is much preferable to right footed people filling in. 

Fully agree, but by the sound of it, not quite there for a competitive start for even an hour or so yet? 

No doubt, when fit, and if he can stay fit, he will be an added bonus to the team...