Sign in to follow this  
Sonny

Welcome Junior Mendes

The wee dude was fantastic in the Millennium Season. 

Saw him play half a game for Arthurlie, he excelled in that also. 

Witnessed him getting the Judas treatment when he played for the Pars against us. A hilarious occasion. 

Why do we need a Sports Scientist anyway? 

Did we have one in past successful eras ? 

1 hour ago, shull said:

Yes, Jamie Ramsden was at the club when we won the league in 2006. Left us to join Celtic and now at Rangers. 

48 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Not sure but we did have one who left recently, hence the vacancy. Don't actually know what they do tbh.

Measure fitness to weight, help with diet I would think.  PHD, Dr , Scientist Oaksoft will have a detailed description I'm sure. 

Jags fans saying he was first person Caldwell got rid off because players were unfit,and buds fan saying he was poached from jags.what one is the truth?

Who gives a toss

Juniors back give him a pair of boots how we could do with someone on the wing like him just now

He has been with PTFC since 2015.....and where are they now?
This is a total f**kin joke
Our board are getting worse and worse and worse

Aye because junior mendes got partick relegated after a few seasons with them as a fitness coach

I have no idea whether Mendes is good at what he does or not , I just hope he manages to bring something to the squad ..... and bloody quick ! 

Next quarters SMISA budget may have to be used to build bigger dug outs at this rate .

5 hours ago, shull said:

The wee dude was fantastic in the Millennium Season. 

Saw him play half a game for Arthurlie, he excelled in that also. 

Witnessed him getting the Judas treatment when he played for the Pars against us. A hilarious occasion. 

Modern football needs sports scientists, analysts and the likes. Anyone that’s studied sports coaching and human physical health will tell you they benefit. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Modern football needs sports scientists, analysts and the likes. Anyone that’s studied sports coaching and human physical health will tell you they benefit. 

Modern football was modern in every era. 

Fergie's Furies excelled without one. 

Dave Lapsley and thousands of other players probably enjoyed Fish Suppers while no Sports Scientist annoying them. 

Professional players should know their own body. 

30 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Well of course they will. They need to find employment and they can hardly wander around saying their trade is a load of bollox can they? :blink:

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Measure fitness to weight, help with diet I would think.  PHD, Dr , Scientist Oaksoft will have a detailed description I'm sure. 

Can't you and the snake drum up a Youtube video showing how all this nonsense is a massive conspiracy to keep football clubs in check?

I think that would be more entertaining than me actually providing you with a solid scientific background to explain it all.

Edited by oaksoft

24 minutes ago, shull said:

Modern football was modern in every era. 

Fergie's Furies excelled without one. 

Dave Lapsley and thousands of other players probably enjoyed Fish Suppers while no Sports Scientist annoying them. 

Professional players should know their own body. 

Yep and if those players were playing right now with those habits they’d be lucky to get a game for East fife.  Do you think George Best would be one of the best players in the world right now if he was sinking a few hawfs before every game? 

If things now were the same as they were back then, why have we went from producing several world class players in days gone by to absolutely none now? 

Footballs evolved. we’ve been left behind. 

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Well of course they will. They need to find employment and they can hardly wander around saying their trade is a load of bollox can they? :blink:

The biggest clubs in the world would disagree. Like I’ve just said, if footballers quality has absolutely nothing to do with diet, fitness and the scientific side of keeping healthy, why have Scotland not produced a world class player in 30+ years? We used to produce lots :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yep and if those players were playing right now with those habits they’d be lucky to get a game for East fife.  Do you think George Best would be one of the best players in the world right now if he was sinking a few hawfs before every game? 

If things now were the same as they were back then, why have we went from producing several world class players in days gone by to absolutely none now? 

Footballs evolved. we’ve been left behind. 

Why do you assume it's sports scientists who have made these improvements?