Welcome Junior Mendes

Sonny

The wee dude was fantastic in the Millennium Season. 

Saw him play half a game for Arthurlie, he excelled in that also. 

Witnessed him getting the Judas treatment when he played for the Pars against us. A hilarious occasion. 

Why do we need a Sports Scientist anyway? 

Did we have one in past successful eras ? 

48 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Not sure but we did have one who left recently, hence the vacancy. Don't actually know what they do tbh.

Measure fitness to weight, help with diet I would think.  PHD, Dr , Scientist Oaksoft will have a detailed description I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

Aye because junior mendes got partick relegated after a few seasons with them as a fitness coachemoji15.png

Alan Archibald was just a decoy.

It was really Junior that was picking the team, signing players and organising training.:lol:

5 hours ago, shull said:

The wee dude was fantastic in the Millennium Season. 

Saw him play half a game for Arthurlie, he excelled in that also. 

Witnessed him getting the Judas treatment when he played for the Pars against us. A hilarious occasion. 

Why do we need a Sports Scientist anyway? 

Did we have one in past successful eras ? 

Modern football needs sports scientists, analysts and the likes. Anyone that’s studied sports coaching and human physical health will tell you they benefit. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Modern football needs sports scientists, analysts and the likes. Anyone that’s studied sports coaching and human physical health will tell you they benefit. 

Modern football was modern in every era. 

Fergie's Furies excelled without one. 

Dave Lapsley and thousands of other players probably enjoyed Fish Suppers while no Sports Scientist annoying them. 

Professional players should know their own body. 

30 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Well of course they will. They need to find employment and they can hardly wander around saying their trade is a load of bollox can they? :blink:

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Measure fitness to weight, help with diet I would think.  PHD, Dr , Scientist Oaksoft will have a detailed description I'm sure. 

Can't you and the snake drum up a Youtube video showing how all this nonsense is a massive conspiracy to keep football clubs in check?

I think that would be more entertaining than me actually providing you with a solid scientific background to explain it all.

Edited by oaksoft

24 minutes ago, shull said:

Modern football was modern in every era. 

Fergie's Furies excelled without one. 

Dave Lapsley and thousands of other players probably enjoyed Fish Suppers while no Sports Scientist annoying them. 

Professional players should know their own body. 

Yep and if those players were playing right now with those habits they’d be lucky to get a game for East fife.  Do you think George Best would be one of the best players in the world right now if he was sinking a few hawfs before every game? 

If things now were the same as they were back then, why have we went from producing several world class players in days gone by to absolutely none now? 

Footballs evolved. we’ve been left behind. 

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Well of course they will. They need to find employment and they can hardly wander around saying their trade is a load of bollox can they? :blink:

The biggest clubs in the world would disagree. Like I’ve just said, if footballers quality has absolutely nothing to do with diet, fitness and the scientific side of keeping healthy, why have Scotland not produced a world class player in 30+ years? We used to produce lots :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yep and if those players were playing right now with those habits they’d be lucky to get a game for East fife.  Do you think George Best would be one of the best players in the world right now if he was sinking a few hawfs before every game? 

If things now were the same as they were back then, why have we went from producing several world class players in days gone by to absolutely none now? 

Footballs evolved. we’ve been left behind. 

Why do you assume it's sports scientists who have made these improvements?