Welcome Junior Mendes

Sonny

7 hours ago, smcc said:

You are suggesting that Scottish footballers have not improved despite the presence of sports scientists. Of course, you and i have no idea how bad it would have been today without them.

I grant you that lots of other factors are involved, but I suggest that sports scientists are one of the reasons that other leagues and countries have improved.

"Oh and BTW, if you have to preceed(sic) the word "Science" with another word, you are not really a scientist." Are you really suggesting that all scientists are competent in every discipline?

What are you wittering on about you utter buffoon?

Edited by oaksoft

Just think of the amount of goalposts that could be purchased for Ralston using the money we are shelling out for our Sport Scientist's wages.

We could also give lunch to vulnerable pensioners every day for at least a year.

And still have change left to give every fan entering Greenhill Road, a free towel to dry their fecking hands after visiting the Loo.

Sortit Baz

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

But it can't be. We have had sports scientists at the big clubs up here for years and years.

You asked where all the great players are.

I'd ask you the same thing.

Where are the stunning successes in Scottish football at any level to justify the money already spent on these people over the years?

We’re country miles behind. Other countries and clubs do it much better than we do in Scotland. It’s an area that needs massively more focus. 

Our youth teams generally do okay showing we have a lot of natural talent. The jump to first team is the issue and sports science is a big part of that. 

Do you not think if it had zero benefit one person at the likely 1,000+ clubs the world over that use them would have noticed by now? 

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Not at all.

I look at the fact that we've had sports scientists at most large Scottish clubs for the last 10 to 20 years and I can't find any evidence of success.

You said it yourself. Where are all the successes despite this cost?

It's called looking at the evidence and making conclusions.

You've hung yourself with your own rope.

Apart from I’ve not. See previous post, we don’t do enough. 

But if you’re going to use this as your argument. Why are we behind? 

Move said it’s because as a football nation we have fallen behind modern football in the way we nurture and develop players with a big part of that being their diet, exercise and education of their bodies fitness. (There are other facts I’ve never denied it) but what has changed in the last 30 years For you meaning we no longer produce these players? 

12 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

You better believe it he would... most modern player couldn't lace his boots

Basing it on what football was like back then compared to what it is now. There were a few world class players back then like Best, Maradona, even a bit more recently Gazza that enjoyed a drink and even a smoke. 

Why do we see zero footballers now that are alcoholics, smoke but are the very top of their game?

Do you think Messi and Ronaldo would be the players they are now if they had Best habits? No chance. 

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah. COACHING and fitness are responsible.

The largest football clubs in the world are not the first and won't be the last large companies to spunk money straight down the drain on a pile of old bollox.

They are still apparently indulging in the utter scam of using computer algorithms to tell them what players to buy. :lol:

Can you provide a list of companies who have a drain filled with a pile of "old bollox" (sic) and advise on the specfic corporate role of the person usually entrusted with the spunking duty?

An idea of the typical salary range would also be helpful.  If i can't fulfill the duties myself, would there be a finders fee if I could point such companies at an individual who is ideally qualified and has the right experience to be trusted to spunk down a drain?  I can think of at least one very serious candidate.

14 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Not at all.

I look at the fact that we've had sports scientists at most large Scottish clubs for the last 10 to 20 years and I can't find any evidence of success.

You said it yourself. Where are all the successes despite this cost?

It's called looking at the evidence and making conclusions.

You've hung yourself with your own rope.

We've had goalkeeping coaches at most large Scottish clubs for the last 10 to 20 years and I can't find any evidence of success.

Where are all the successes despite the cost of these goalkeeping coaches?

It's called looking at the evidence and making myopic, boneheaded conclusions...

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

We’re country miles behind. Other countries and clubs do it much better than we do in Scotland. It’s an area that needs massively more focus. 

Our youth teams generally do okay showing we have a lot of natural talent. The jump to first team is the issue and sports science is a big part of that. 

Do you not think if it had zero benefit one person at the likely 1,000+ clubs the world over that use them would have noticed by now? 

Stop deflecting and answer the question. Literally nobody on here is saying that sports science provides zero benefits except you and smcc.

Why have we failed to produce a SINGLE world class player despite two decades of sports science?

This was your claim. Now back it up or have the grace to concede the point.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Apart from I’ve not. See previous post, we don’t do enough. 

But if you’re going to use this as your argument. Why are we behind? 

Move said it’s because as a football nation we have fallen behind modern football in the way we nurture and develop players with a big part of that being their diet, exercise and education of their bodies fitness. (There are other facts I’ve never denied it) but what has changed in the last 30 years For you meaning we no longer produce these players? 

Yes you did.

You said the lack of world class players was down to a lack of sports science.

But we've had it in our top clubs for 2 decades.

The evidence is in front of you.

Now you have changed your mind and said it's because we don't have the right kind of sports science.

You reckon the likes of Celtic dont have the right type of sports science? Seriously? What do you think they are missing? What do they need to add before they start producing world class players?

You are clutching at straws Dickson-esque style.

I have already explained why we are behind other nations. If you are not going to bother reading my posts then we are finished here.

Edited by oaksoft

The thing that produces world class players is coaching. Sports science ensures players are in the optimum condition in terms of fitness, long term physical health and wellbeing. But we never had it when Celtic won the European Cup in 67, or when Aberdeen won the Cup Winners Cup in 83 or when Scotland qualified for 5 World Cups in a row so it must be a loada shite.

Best to leave competitive advantages to others...

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Can you provide a list of companies who have a drain filled with a pile of "old bollox" (sic) and advise on the specfic corporate role of the person usually entrusted with the spunking duty?

An idea of the typical salary range would also be helpful.  If i can't fulfill the duties myself, would there be a finders fee if I could point such companies at an individual who is ideally qualified and has the right experience to be trusted to spunk down a drain?  I can think of at least one very serious candidate.

Every major company. They all do it in various ways. There is a killing to be made fleecing them. There is not the slightest chance of me telling you or anyone else how to do that without you paying me significantly more money than you can afford.

47 minutes ago, Soctty said:

We've had goalkeeping coaches at most large Scottish clubs for the last 10 to 20 years and I can't find any evidence of success.

Where are all the successes despite the cost of these goalkeeping coaches?

It's called looking at the evidence and making myopic, boneheaded conclusions...

Sigh. Another idiot wasting my time.

3 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I'm just applying your "thick as shit" appraisal techniques to other methods used by clubs. Also, I'm giving zero evidence to support my howling derision, which I thought you'd be impressed with.

:wink:

No, you are just an idiot.

You haven't followed any of the discussion between bazil and myself.

Edited by oaksoft

That reminds me, what is the point of a Goalkeeping Coach at a Professional Club ? 

Why do our 2 professional goalies need Jamie Langfield ? 

Samson has most certainly not benefitted. 

Another waste of a salary. 

At Training, any dude can take shots in and makes crosses to our keepers for practise. 

By all means, coach the up and coming children who are aspiring to be the new Les Fridge. 

The money that could be saved at our Club. 

No wonder fans are ripped off at the Gate. 

Scandalous 

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No, you are just an idiot.

You haven't followed any of the discussion between bazil and myself.

I'd be an idiot if I did that. I've read enough of your utter nonsense on the subject to know you're being your usual self - commenting on stuff you have absolutely no clue about with all the arrogance of an expert in the field. 

It's amusing.

18 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I have no idea whether Mendes is good at what he does or not , I just hope he manages to bring something to the squad ..... and bloody quick ! 

Next quarters SMISA budget may have to be used to build bigger dug outs at this rate .

Don't give them ideas, FFS!