Welcome Junior Mendes

Sonny

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Yep and if those players were playing right now with those habits they’d be lucky to get a game for East fife.  Do you think George Best would be one of the best players in the world right now if he was sinking a few hawfs before every game? 

If things now were the same as they were back then, why have we went from producing several world class players in days gone by to absolutely none now? 

Footballs evolved. we’ve been left behind. 

Today's players get every help possible. 

And most are shite at their chosen trade. 

Flair has been fecking coached out them 

They can dive and feign injury better than they can trap a ball. 

They might be able to run faster and longer.... but not comfortable with a ball at their feet. 

Just now, bazil85 said:

The biggest clubs in the world would disagree. Like I’ve just said, if footballers quality has absolutely nothing to do with diet, fitness and the scientific side of keeping healthy, why have Scotland not produced a world class player in 30+ years? We used to produce lots :rolleyes:

I made no comment about diet, fitness and keeping healthy.

I am saying we don't need to employ someone to tell the players what to do.

As for producing world class players, that is to do with coaching and how we play the game up here. A string of professional footballers  who have gone to teams in England have been telling us this for years. We don't train well enough, we don't coach well enough. Young players are not getting enough chances. How many times do we need to hear this before we start listening?

How on earth do you make the link to sport science?

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Because it’s what science and research tell us. Healthier we are and our bodies are the better equipped we are to play sports. Was that a serious question? :lol:

Give them a ball to play with and they're fecked. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Because it’s what science and research tell us. Healthier we are and our bodies are the better equipped we are to play sports. Was that a serious question? :lol:

No it isn't.

It's what SPORTS SCIENTISTS have been telling us.

They are hardly going to tell us any different are they? :D

Oh and BTW, if you have to preceed the word "Science" with another word, you are not really a scientist.

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Today's players get every help possible. 

And most are shite at their chosen trade. 

Flair has been fecking coached out them 

They can dive and feign injury better than they can trap a ball. 

They might be able to run faster and longer.... but not comfortable with a ball at their feet. 

Somethings working for other nations and you can guarantee the biggest clubs have staff hired to do with sports science, nutrition, data analysis and all the other fancy parts of modern football 

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I made no comment about diet, fitness and keeping healthy.

I am saying we don't need to employ someone to tell the players what to do.

As for producing world class players, that is to do with coaching and how we play the game up here. A string of professional footballers  who have gone to teams in England have been telling us this for years. We don't train well enough, we don't coach well enough. Young players are not getting enough chances. How many times do we need to hear this before we start listening?

How on earth do you make the link to sport science?

Sports science is one of many areas we’ve fallen behind on. Your view is that of an absolute dinosaur and I’m just glad people like you and Shull are a dying breed and small minority.

Just now, bazil85 said:

Somethings working for other nations and you can guarantee the biggest clubs have staff hired to do with sports science, nutrition, data analysis and all the other fancy parts of modern football 

Yeah. COACHING and fitness are responsible.

The largest football clubs in the world are not the first and won't be the last large companies to spunk money straight down the drain on a pile of old bollox.

They are still apparently indulging in the utter scam of using computer algorithms to tell them what players to buy. :lol:

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah. COACHING and fitness are responsible.

The largest football clubs in the world are not the first and won't be the last large companies to spunk money straight down the drain on a pile of old bollox.

They are still apparently indulging in the utter scam of using computer algorithms to tell them what players to buy. :lol:

Yeah the whole discipline of sports science is a con, you’re right and the many directly involved in the discipline and others are wrong. You’ve clearly done lots of research on it to come to that conclusion. :lol:

Did you look out at seas and deduce the earth is flat as well? :rolleyes: 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Sports science is one of many areas we’ve fallen behind on. Your view is that of an absolute dinosaur and I’m just glad people like you and Shull are a dying breed and small minority.

But it can't be. We have had sports scientists at the big clubs up here for years and years.

You asked where all the great players are.

I'd ask you the same thing.

Where are the stunning successes in Scottish football at any level to justify the money already spent on these people over the years?

Just now, bazil85 said:

Yeah the whole discipline of sports science is a con, you’re right and the many directly involved in the discipline and others are wrong. You’ve clearly done lots of research on it to come to that conclusion. :lol:

Did you look out at seas and deduce the earth is flat as well? :rolleyes: 

Not at all.

I look at the fact that we've had sports scientists at most large Scottish clubs for the last 10 to 20 years and I can't find any evidence of success.

You said it yourself. Where are all the successes despite this cost?

It's called looking at the evidence and making conclusions.

You've hung yourself with your own rope.

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yep and if those players were playing right now with those habits they’d be lucky to get a game for East fife.  Do you think George Best would be one of the best players in the world right now if he was sinking a few hawfs before every game? 

If things now were the same as they were back then, why have we went from producing several world class players in days gone by to absolutely none now? 

Footballs evolved. we’ve been left behind. 

You better believe it he would... most modern player couldn't lace his boots

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not at all.

I look at the fact that we've had sports scientists at most large Scottish clubs for the last 10 to 20 years and I can't find any evidence of success.

You said it yourself. Where are all the successes despite this cost?

It's called looking at the evidence and making conclusions.

You've hung yourself with your own rope.

You are suggesting that Scottish footballers have not improved despite the presence of sports scientists. Of course, you and i have no idea how bad it would have been today without them.

I grant you that lots of other factors are involved, but I suggest that sports scientists are one of the reasons that other leagues and countries have improved.

"Oh and BTW, if you have to preceed(sic) the word "Science" with another word, you are not really a scientist." Are you really suggesting that all scientists are competent in every discipline?