St Mirren v Hearts 24 November 2018

St.Ricky

Jack Baird best centre half at club and Paul McGinn an attacking threat, god help us .
Jack's sister Shona would be a  better option as for Paul McGinn have a chat with some Thistle fans.
A win is  a win though can we build on it next week against Accies???
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]🤦‍♂️

6 hours ago, alshboy said:

Jack Baird best centre half at club and Paul McGinn an attacking threat, god help us .

Jack's sister Shona would be a  better option as for Paul McGinn have a chat with some Thistle fans.

If you genuinely don't believe Jack Baird is a good centre half then there's not much point in debating it with you as you don't know your football. 

Good to see other players than just Adam getting plaudits for yesterday. 

Want to add in that both our full backs deserve massive credit too. I've been quite a big critic of Lee Hodson since he arrived as I just didn't think he'd cut it but he has been massively improved the last few weeks and was excellent yesterday.

As for Ethan Erhahon, the lad isn't even a full back and yet is excelling in the position even when you can see that he's always having to think postionally about his role. it is clear that he's just an exceptionally talented footballer with a big future in the game and works hard wherever he plays. He had Morrison so far in his back pocket that Levein had to switch the wee dive cheat wings in the second half just to get away from Ethan. 

9 hours ago, Hambud said:

Thought we were great today..

I didn't think we  hance, and laughed at the positivity of my pal on the bus to Paisley when he suggested we could win.

I was wrong and very glad to have been wrong.  I don't think anyone let us down today. Standouts were P McGinn and Adam Hamill but special mentions go to Baird, Jones and Danny Rogers .

Think folk were being very harsh on McShane before the match. I really like what he offers to the team and think he is showing up well in this league.  In saying that I was a big fan of his last season too when everyone was getting on his back. 

Anyway COYS KTF mon the Saints!!

Good overall post. As for McShane he does the ugly work that allows the flair players to do their stuff, mostly this goes unnoticed.

Well done all and let's hope for more to come.

Thought the side looked a lot more balanced yesterday and our midfield put in some shift. In fact it was the same all over the park where we were hunting Hearts players down in packs of two or three. Gave them no time on the ball and they didn’t like it.  Was worried at half time that we wouldn’t last full 90 playing a pressing game but we did and have to say as a team we certainly look fitter.

No failures yesterday and really hard to single anyone out -  for me both centre backs were immense and Adam Hamill provided a touch of class. Watched his goals back again and again and again ............ f#cken magic ! 

COYS !

9 hours ago, alshboy said:

Why would we need to have a chat with Thistle fans to find out what an excellent game Paul McGinn had yesterday?

Two assists also.:)

41 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Feck me. FS is right.

You even have to plagiarize insults? You really are a sad little man. 

I merely followed his lead in doing so dear Sir.  It's an oft used tactic of the man from the east. Amazing ,not,when people take exception when things they do are done to them. Who would have thought that likely to be the case? Not you obviously. 

I take full credit for yesterdays success. I said on here we would lose told work missus and my son we would get stuffed. Even bored the poor sods besides me yesterday prior to kick off. It was all a tactic from Tony's book. Say one thing but always have inner belief. Cmon the Accies :wink:

Wow! We won, and won well.

probably like most i was worried when the line up was announced, that said Baird and Jones were much more mobile than big Anton,

Hodson and Erahahon played well, as did Paul McGinn in midfield pressing Hearts high up. Young Alfie Jones is a revelation who just seems to improve and learn in each game. Might turn out to be an inspired signing come season end? And thats gonna stick in a few craws.

Jackson was busy, if not overall effective, Hammil's shot sublime, Rodgers probably wishes he had that little to do in every game. Also i like that new lad in midfield... Stephen McGinn i think they call him, were on earth did they find him? Controlled, composed, combatative... reminds me a lot of a player we had last season.

still dont get why Oran is fielding McShane cause I swore he'd been subbed at half time, such was his invisibility. Also though taking Hammil off was strange, unless he was injured, as he was putting the fear in Hearts. Also subbing forwards, for forwards could have been the undoing of us against a better team. (See Killie game)

yes by all means swap one for fresh legs, but when you are in our predicament, and 2-0 up surely your looking to pack the midfield and deny the opposition time on the ball later on in the game?

a great day, performance, result, clean sheet and three points, its back in our control, if we want it enough?

i wrongly predicted a win for us in Dundee, so applying reverse phycology went for a Hearts win yesterday. So if i follow that logic and go for a heavy home defeat next week then surely we will be sitting in tenth place five o click next Saturday? 

Guest TPAFKATS
probably like most i was worried when the line up was announced, that said Baird and Jones were much more mobile than big Anton,
Hodson and Erahahon played well, as did Paul McGinn in midfield pressing Hearts high up. Young Alfie Jones is a revelation who just seems to improve and learn in each game. Might turn out to be an inspired signing come season end? And thats gonna stick in a few craws.
Jackson was busy, if not overall effective, Hammil's shot sublime, Rodgers probably wishes he had that little to do in every game. Also i like that new lad in midfield... Stephen McGinn i think they call him, were on earth did they find him? Controlled, composed, combatative... reminds me a lot of a player we had last season.
still dont get why Oran is fielding McShane cause I swore he'd been subbed at half time, such was his invisibility. Also though taking Hammil off was strange, unless he was injured, as he was putting the fear in Hearts. Also subbing forwards, for forwards could have been the undoing of us against a better team. (See Killie game)
yes by all means swap one for fresh legs, but when you are in our predicament, and 2-0 up surely your looking to pack the midfield and deny the opposition time on the ball later on in the game?
a great day, performance, result, clean sheet and three points, its back in our control, if we want it enough?
i wrongly predicted a win for us in Dundee, so applying reverse phycology went for a Hearts win yesterday. So if i follow that logic and go for a heavy home defeat next week then surely we will be sitting in tenth place five o click next Saturday? 

You're reading of the game is something to behold [emoji3]

24 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

What happens next week if Anton is fit and Oran shuffles the line up to accommodate him . Is he going to be accused of tinkering ?

C'mon tinkering is what he has done since the off. Some enforced, quite a bit not. That line up worked well against a mainly toothless Hearts who were still trying to play football. Next week Hamilton will be here intent of kicking anything that moves, or kicking it until it does move!

tough call if Anton is fit, but i believe the bigger call is in midfield! I would keep P McGinn up there, and have if available Flynn in for McShane with Edwards on the bench.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hammill was blowing out his arse, he certainly never complained about coming off! Subs were correct and timed well.

Don’t think Jones performing well will stick in the craw of anyone. Actually, out of all that we signed in the summer, I had highest hopes for him given his pedigree. Delighted that he’s stepping up a notch each game.

Can’t fault anyone yesterday. Great performance and glad to get the monkey off our backs.

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

Hammill was blowing out his arse, he certainly never complained about coming off! Subs were correct and timed well.

Don’t think Jones performing well will stick in the craw of anyone. Actually, out of all that we signed in the summer, I had highest hopes for him given his pedigree. Delighted that he’s stepping up a notch each game.

Can’t fault anyone yesterday. Great performance and glad to get the monkey off our backs.

Have to agree, to disagree on the subs. If Hammill was done thats fine, but against Killie Oran failed to shore up midfiled when Anton didn't comeback out for the second half, and we paid the price. Hearts were ineffective so we got off with it, other teams wont be. And every point is precious and to be defended at all costs.

Have to agree, to disagree on the subs. If Hammill was done thats fine, but against Killie Oran failed to shore up midfiled when Anton didn't comeback out for the second half, and we paid the price. Hearts were ineffective so we got off with it, other teams wont be. And every point is precious and to be defended at all costs.

Hammill himself stated on the after match BBC hurdy gurdy Interview that he had run his legs off and felt tight .