St Mirren v Hearts 24 November 2018

St.Ricky

Hammill himself stated on the after match BBC hurdy gurdy Interview that he had run his legs off and felt tight .

Lpm is just a complete c**t I’m sure he won’t care what hammill even had to say himself about being subbed.

A Clean sheet with Rodgers having very little to do and he’s even in desperation trying to scrape the barrel about how Oran didn’t tighten up the defence with that sub.

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

What happens next week if Anton is fit and Oran shuffles the line up to accommodate him . Is he going to be accused of tinkering ?

Oran is the manager so he will make that call based on happens this week in training. Hearts were poor upfront Jones and Baird were comfortable . Anton is our best defender so its a no brainer if he is fit

Edited by DougJamie

15 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Lpm is just a complete c**t I’m sure he won’t care what hammill even had to say himself about being subbed.

A Clean sheet with Rodgers having very little to do and he’s even in desperation trying to scrape the barrel about how Oran didn’t tighten up the defence with that sub.

Deary, deary me. Thats just sad. Is this your best trying to get saints fans fighting with each other? Ffs grow up man.

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Wow! We won, and won well.

probably like most i was worried when the line up was announced, that said Baird and Jones were much more mobile than big Anton,

Hodson and Erahahon played well, as did Paul McGinn in midfield pressing Hearts high up. Young Alfie Jones is a revelation who just seems to improve and learn in each game. Might turn out to be an inspired signing come season end? And thats gonna stick in a few craws.

Jackson was busy, if not overall effective, Hammil's shot sublime, Rodgers probably wishes he had that little to do in every game. Also i like that new lad in midfield... Stephen McGinn i think they call him, were on earth did they find him? Controlled, composed, combatative... reminds me a lot of a player we had last season.

still dont get why Oran is fielding McShane cause I swore he'd been subbed at half time, such was his invisibility. Also though taking Hammil off was strange, unless he was injured, as he was putting the fear in Hearts. Also subbing forwards, for forwards could have been the undoing of us against a better team. (See Killie game)

yes by all means swap one for fresh legs, but when you are in our predicament, and 2-0 up surely your looking to pack the midfield and deny the opposition time on the ball later on in the game?

a great day, performance, result, clean sheet and three points, its back in our control, if we want it enough?

i wrongly predicted a win for us in Dundee, so applying reverse phycology went for a Hearts win yesterday. So if i follow that logic and go for a heavy home defeat next week then surely we will be sitting in tenth place five o click next Saturday? 

I'd agree if it was a big immobile forward coming on but not in the case of Smith and Mullen as both provide plenty of energy in the final third and feel this was the correct thing to do. It meant we had an effective outball and forced Hearts not to commit everyone forward in the closing stages. 

Hammill going off for another midfielder and sticking to one up front would have seen Hearts commit another player forward and it would have been backs to the wall stuff in the closing quarter. At the point where Hammill came off, our game plan was working well, so like for like with fresh legs rather than inviting extra waves of attack was definitely the correct call for me.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Lpm is just a complete c**t I’m sure he won’t care what hammill even had to say himself about being subbed.

I wouldn't go as far as agreeing with your first sentance as I don't actually know the poster but his take on the game was rather strange.

I wasn't sure about Hammill coming off but I thought Cammy Smith was really good when he came on. Full of energy and chipped in with a fair bit of defensive work.

His tackle then surging run and through ball for Jackson (who was tackled as just about to shoot) was superb.

I'd agree if it was a big immobile forward coming on but not in the case of Smith and Mullen as both provide plenty of energy in the final third and feel this was the correct thing to do. It meant we had an effective outball and forced Hearts not to commit everyone forward in the closing stages. 
Hammill going off for another midfielder and sticking to one up front would have seen Hearts commit another player forward and it would have been backs to the wall stuff in the closing quarter. At the point where Hammill came off, our game plan was working well, so like for like with fresh legs rather than inviting extra waves of attack was definitely the correct call for me.
Agreed.

Re Hamill coming off, he was rubbing his hamstring as he got up off the ground.

Much better safe than sorry.

I thought he had another goal in him... But it wasn't worth the risk.

35 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

Having just watched the highlights Kyle was lucky not to get a red card. (Only favour Thomson did us all game)

I thought the yellow was a bit harsh as there was no malice in the collision.  However , I think there was a good penalty claim for a push they never got but they would still have lost. .

Overall the the team was much more hungry and aggressive.  .and with 19 fouls against Thomson noticed that. 

Can’t really add much to what’s already been posted, superb performance.

Man of the match could have been any one from Hammill, Paul McGinn, Magennis, Alfie Jones. Thought Erhahon was good at left back too. Made one error, tracked back and helped us win back possession, that’s exactly the type of player we need right now.

Keeper very solid also, good distribution. Not many negatives, lots of positives and gives us something to build on.

18 hours ago, Doakes said:

Can’t really add much to what’s already been posted, superb performance.

Man of the match could have been any one from Hammill, Paul McGinn, Magennis, Alfie Jones. Thought Erhahon was good at left back too. Made one error, tracked back and helped us win back possession, that’s exactly the type of player we need right now.

Keeper very solid also, good distribution. Not many negatives, lots of positives and gives us something to build on.

Rogers only had two opportunities to shine. He pushed one ball away for a corner and missed the other one completely. Luckily that was called for offside.

He certainly was good with the ball at his feet.