Why Are We Cheating ?

shull

Not all instances of players going down in the box are penalties, and not all instances where a penalty is not given in these circumstances are dives.

Players are barged or pulled, or pushed or held - technically fouls, but not always given. If the player goes down, they are more often given. The only thing that bothers me is where a player goes down with no contact whatsoever, like Edwards against Motherwell. Jackson's booking was harsh on Saturday, as he seemed to slip but get straight back up.

In short, I have no huge problem with our players actions.

3 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Maybe the players are just as desperate for a win at any cost as you are to post pish at any cost to get your post count up

That's a dreadful reply. Is that the best you can do ?  You seem to be totally consumed with obsession, jealousy and total envy. 

You're a wee irrelevance. 

20 hours ago, guinness said:

Strangest thing about both the dives by Edwards and Jackson was that they were actually in a position to go through on goal.they  dived rather than try to score.

Regarding the Jackson penalty, this is what I don't get either. Why would he want to go down? Looking at the footage of the incident, he was through, almost certain to score and (having his back to him) didn't even see the guy who knocked him down. OK, everybody has their own opinions on the decision but frankly, I think Thommo was out of order on BBC. Thanks, Thommo.

11 minutes ago, Westmarcher said:

Regarding the Jackson penalty, this is what I don't get either. Why would he want to go down? Looking at the footage of the incident, he was through, almost certain to score and (having his back to him) didn't even see the guy who knocked him down. OK, everybody has their own opinions on the decision but frankly, I think Thommo was out of order on BBC. Thanks, Thommo.

So anybody who doesn't agree with you is out of order ? 

Charming. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

To say we are cheats is disappointing that's all. 

It is very very sad and disappointing that players wearing St Mirren jerseys are cheating. 

Disgraciing our jersey. 

Supporters are correct in calling them out. 

I find it sad that I have to. 

27 minutes ago, Westmarcher said:

14 minutes ago, shull said:

So anybody who doesn't agree with you is out of order ? 

Charming. 

He is merely expressing an opinion with which I(and Michael Stewart agree) . Thommo was definitely wrong.

6 hours ago, shull said:

Just watched Sportscene.

" Simulation Jackson " he was christened.

Also, I hope I will never see the day that any St Mirren player acts like that cnut Morelos.

Never mind the wee fanny rolling about like a fecking jessie to get McHugh his first booking.

But, at the penalty incident, he was in the Referee's face demanding another card for McHugh and when he was sent off the Sevco moron stood there and applauded the Ref's decision.

That clapping in front of the referee and McHugh,s face totally disgusted me . Could never respect a player with that attitude .

7 minutes ago, smcc said:

He is merely expressing an opinion with which I(and Michael Stewart agree) . Thommo was definitely wrong.

Shull definitely has a problem with the difference between disagreeing with someone and not letting them have an opinion.

If he followed his own logic, that would basically mean that in disagreeing with just about every poster on here, in relation to just about every topic, he is in effect denying people the right to an opinion. 

Which of course he isn’t. He’s just disagreeing with them. I think his rules only apply to other people. 

31 minutes ago, smcc said:

Steven Thompson was expressing his opinion and I agree with him. 

You, Westmarcher and Michael Stewart disagree with myself and Steven Thompson. 

None of the five of us are out of order for having an honest opinion. 

That's my point. 

25 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Shull definitely has a problem with the difference between disagreeing with someone and not letting them have an opinion.

If he followed his own logic, that would basically mean that in disagreeing with just about every poster on here, in relation to just about every topic, he is in effect denying people the right to an opinion. 

Which of course he isn’t. He’s just disagreeing with them. I think his rules only apply to other people. 

No rules. 

I respect every persons honest and decent opinion. 

I totally respect Westmarcher's opinion of Simulation Jackson but I don't respect him calling Steven Thompson out of order because Thommo gave an honest and decent opinion. 

It really is that simple. 

49 minutes ago, shull said:

No rules. 

I respect every persons honest and decent opinion. 

I totally respect Westmarcher's opinion of Simulation Jackson but I don't respect him calling Steven Thompson out of order because Thommo gave an honest and decent opinion. 

It really is that simple. 

So you are denying him the right to an opinion that ST was out of order?

If you want to stop diving or in fact cheating of any kind, the referees have to stand up and be counted.

Firstly if they see what is an obvious dive or an attempt by a player to gain an immoral advantage, don't just walk away or wave play on, in fact don't just book him, - SEND THEM OFF. The more often it's done the more the fans and the players will realise that it won't be tolerated and accept that if you dive or feign injury, expect the worst possible outcome.

How often have we seen players roll around on the ground after the slightest tackle in an attempt to get the opposition player booked or sent off, yet seconds later they are racing down the wing unhindered. If the referee sees it he should then go up and speak to the player and ask him to explain himself then as a minimum book him, or send him off for cheating.

If you watch rugby then watch football you have to ask yourself if the people playing the sport actually come from the same planet :unsure:. I have never seen a player feign injury at rugby  in an attempt to get one of the opposition into trouble (albeit one actually bit on a blood capsule in an attempt to allow a 'blood substitution') :o - he did get banned for a pretty long period as did his coach! B)

So over to the refs, 'man up' take full responsibility for your actions and start dealing out the red cards for any form of cheating, Mullen included, who despite his terrible trait of doing it at a moment's notice, I still quite like, as he tries his heart out.

6 hours ago, Maboza said:

Some players have this as a bad habit but I think a huge factor in what we've seen from Edwards and Jackson in recent weeks is desperation. 

We've been struggling so much this season that they're desperate. It doesn't make good viewing when it results in diving like we've seen but the players probably aren't thinking much in that split second. 

When you're not creating chances, scoring goals, or having the ability to beat a man then a chance at a penalty seems like a better idea than trying to get to the ball that you've just put past your man.  I think that's why we've seen Edwards and Jackson give up good positions in the faint hope of winning a penalty. 

Desperation, but it needs to be stamped out by Kearney. 

Indeed, Jackson would probably have scored if he had focused on getting a goal. Having that lumbering galoot Edwards appear next to him was probably why he decided to hit the deck mind you.

2 hours ago, Westmarcher said:

The comments on this thread are about Jackson's 2nd half yellow card, not the penalty that was awarded.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

So you are denying him the right to an opinion that ST was out of order?

In fact, I never denied him an opinion. He had a go at Thommo for having an honest opinion. 

You have missed the point.