SMISA Q&A Night

Kemp

https://twitter.com/smisatrust

Excellent thread of questions from the SMiSA Q&A night.

Glad lessons are being learned from the summer recruitment debacle. It would be a good idea for the media department to go in to a bit more depth on how Gus will be working to scout players. Maybe that will be done once we get a few successful recruits.

Noteable to see Brian Rice saying the difference in atmosphere around club is night and day since Kearney took over from Stubbs.

Looks like a lot of axing coming in Jan, squad will be down to 21 or 22. That would mean about 12 out to make way for 2!

I see they are training with a small first team squad and the others sent to reserves. Jones went down to reserve group but made it back. Cooke is down there too I think but showed enough to get back (at least long enough to come off the bench). I assume being sent away from first team was what prompted Brock-Madsen and Coulson to leave.  I wonder if that would change once Jimmy Nicholl comes in, not sure exclusion is the best way to deal with fringe players.

Edited by Kemp

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

https://twitter.com/smisatrust

Excellent thread of questions from the SMiSA Q&A night.

Glad lessons are being learned from the summer recruitment debacle. It would be a good idea for the media department to go in to a bit more depth on how Gus will be working to scout players. Maybe that will be done once we get a few successful recruits.

Noteable to see Brian Rice saying the difference in atmosphere around club is night and day since Kearney took over from Stubbs.

Looks like a lot of axing coming in Jan, squad will be down to 21 or 22. That would mean about 12 out to make way for 2!

I see they are training with a small first team squad and the others sent to reserves. Jones went down to reserve group but made it back. Cooke is down there too I think but showed enough to get back (at least long enough to come off the bench). I assume being sent away from first team was what prompted Brock-Madsen and Coulson to leave.  I wonder if that would change once Jimmy Nicholl comes in, not sure exclusion is the best way to deal with fringe players.

Not sure this is the case. The first team squad is currently about 28. I agree that in terms of outgoings, 12 out is not entirely unrealistic but going by what he said last night, he'll want about 5 new faces in. 

Also interesting that he's not a fan of loan deals and questioned the commitment of a squad filled with so many loanees. Wonder how many will still be in the squad come January. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Not sure this is the case. The first team squad is currently about 28. I agree that in terms of outgoings, 12 out is not entirely unrealistic but going by what he said last night, he'll want about 5 new faces in. 

Also interesting that he's not a fan of loan deals and questioned the commitment of a squad filled with so many loanees. Wonder how many will still be in the squad come January. 

I thought we were up over 30, don't have time to check it right now! I am sure if I am wrong someone will be along to point it out.

Not sure if Erhanon and McPherson would count as the "few young ones" on top of the 22. In that case we may see a few more new faces.

I thought it would be obvious that filling a squad with young loanees from another country wasn't going to help anyone. Hopefully we stick to three or four max in the future, and they are scouted properly to make sure we are getting a Paul Dummet rather than a Man City dummy. Celtic have actually been much reliable for quality of loan players than the English clubs who I think just sign any kid with any potential and then see Scotland as a dumping ground. All that said, I'd like to see more of Willock this season.