Samson to Sunderland

div

16 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Ability aside this is poor from one of the senior members of a struggling squad.

Not very inspiring  from one of the guys who has played at this level before and is supposed to be helping the young lads to decide he’s offski’s just over a quarter of the way into a relegation battle... if true of course.

Odds now on Magennis following Sammy to Wearside in January?

25 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Odds now on Magennis following Sammy to Wearside in January?

Under contract with us until June 2021 and so highly rated by the manager that he threw him straight back into the team after injury, and made him captain.

Every player has his price of course but I think it would take a silly bid in January to prise him away from us. He wouldn't get a game in that Sunderland team right now either IMO.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, thought this was paper/twatter talk.

If it happens we move on, overall I like Samson but we've had better.

Not really showing the club much respect leaving as quick as this suggests. 

He owes the club nothing.

Just like any other employee at any other job.

If he waits till January, the job opportunity will probably vanish.

He needs to be thinking of his own future and if he's offered this job he'd be mad to turn it down just because we need him for two more months.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

He owes the club nothing.

Just like any other employee at any other job.

If he waits till January, the job opportunity will probably vanish.

He needs to be thinking of his own future and if he's offered this job he'd be mad to turn it down just because we need him for two more months.

What a grubby little capitalist you are :lol:

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Everyone has been shaky this season. One of the better performers. Just hope we can bring in someone stronger, it’s not an easy position to fill. 

Agreed, the team, overall are shite but when your goalie is shite it tends to result in losing goals and turns the defence into a nervous wrecks.

We need a steady goalie, especially if we are to perform the great escape part 2.  

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

What a grubby little capitalist you are :lol:

Yep. Just like any other person offered a significant pay rise and a new job that they really want.

Outside relationships, loyalty is a control technique used by those who are afraid to be rejected and dumped.

I leave that to others to worry about.

If this is what he wants, he should go. Today. With our blessings. And just a touch of jealousy. :lol:

Sammy is a legend but why would he stay, unless for personal reasons, if offered multiple times his current salary? A great opportunity for him and Ross at some point will manage a Premier team and Sammy could be a stalwart in his background team by then. Many on here would do the same. I do not want him to go as he is the best keeper we have had in years but can understand if he does. And we'd get compensation for the January warchest which is a little consolation.

Just now, Sonny said:

Sammy is a legend but why would he stay, unless for personal reasons, if offered multiple times his current salary? A great opportunity for him and Ross at some point will manage a Premier team and Sammy could be a stalwart in his background team by then. Many on here would do the same. I do not want him to go as he is the best keeper we have had in years but can understand if he does. And we'd get compensation for the January warchest which is a little consolation.

1. He isn't going to get "multiple" times his salary. A modest increase at best, if anything at all.

2. Playing for St Mirren should be the high point of anyone's life. Not putting up the nets for the junior keepers at a League 1 club in England.

f**king Thatcher has done this to you lot. Nothing but money on the mind.

Just now, Kemp said:

1. He isn't going to get "multiple" times his salary. A modest increase at best, if anything at all.

2. Playing for St Mirren should be the high point of anyone's life. Not putting up the nets for the junior keepers at a League 1 club in England.

The main thing is that you are taking it on the chin brilliantly without getting jealous or upset. :lol:

Just now, Kemp said:

So Jack and Jamie got multiple times their salary but Sammy would only get his SMFC salary? Aye, right.

1 hour ago, spankin_panda said:

When reading the article it says something about both clubs in discussions or 'held talks', so would hope that there is something in way of compensation. 

I am disappointed though as Sammy has served the club well and has rightly been our no#1 keeper. 

However, whilst I am disappointed to see him go, I wish him the best as he has to do whats right for him and his family. 

I'm with you on this.  Has served us well. Getting compensation for him would be expected. 

Should he choose to go then best wishes to him. 

However.. Another surprising turn in life after JR. 

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

So Jack and Jamie got multiple times their salary but Sammy would only get his SMFC salary? Aye, right.

JR is the manager, that's a different job.

Sunderland are heavily in debt. He is going from 1st choice goalkeeper and one of the most senior members of the team to playing shoot the goalie and helping carry the kit. Doubt he will get much more.