Samson to Sunderland

div

Can see this both ways. Leaves us short but if you are Sammy and have the chance to join an up and coming management team on the rise, you are going to take it.

Stay and his career will peter out after this season, so wish him well.

Jack Ross, what a guy. Only hope he remembers his own words and helps us in the future.

4 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Can see this both ways. Leaves us short but if you are Sammy and have the chance to join an up and coming management team on the rise, you are going to take it.

Stay and his career will peter out after this season, so wish him well.

Jack Ross, what a guy. Only hope he remembers his own words and helps us in the future.

It shouldn’t have been up to Samson to decide if he was going or not. We as a club fighting for our lives should’ve told him he was staying until at least January. 

Are we Saints fans still expected to pay into yet another pre-season so called glamour friendly with Sunderland???
So in fact we've paid for Sammy's compensation deal, sounds like yet another crackpot scheme from our illustrious board. 
Jack Ross should be dipping into his well lined pockets to pay for all of us to attend this dross, even then I'd probably find a better way to spend my time.

Season tickets definitely should be valid.

5 hours ago, HSS said:

A friendly against Sunderland is something to look forward to.:rolleyes:

Wonder if that's the sum total of compensation..

1 hour ago, alshboy said:

Are we Saints fans still expected to pay into yet another pre-season so called glamour friendly with Sunderland???

So in fact we've paid for Sammy's compensation deal, sounds like yet another crackpot scheme from our illustrious board. 

Jack Ross should be dipping into his well lined pockets to pay for all of us to attend this dross, even then I'd probably find a better way to spend my time.

I have to believe that there has been some form of compensation for this surprise shift...

Not even sevco could pull this sort of pish on their fans and then expect the fans to stump up for being shafted....

:unsure:

ok.  sevco and its fans are maybe not the best example.  :rolleyes::rolleyes: 

There simply MUST be something money-like from Sunderland to allow OK to think it's in the club's best interests.

(Always in my heart for that penalty save at Hampden...)

Edited by antrin

1 hour ago, Big Yards said:

Absolute piece of nonsense the whole thing. Samson has a contract with us and it’s November! Yes he wanted to go but we need him right now and our board aren’t even strong enough to say “no you can wait until January”!

All this “it was in everyone’s interest” is a load of rubbish. How exactly is it in our interest to let our keeper go in November???? Same with all the “it’s an opportunity he couldn’t turn down”. It’s not up to Samson in mid Nov to say yes or no to any other club! 

If Samson was unhappy at us not letting him go until Jan then so be it. He couldn’t expect to walk out in his club when it’s not even a transfer window so we wouldn’t have been doing anything abnormal in telling Sunderland to wait until Jan. instead what we’ve done is the abnormal and absolutely insane in our current position.

Just another example of us getting taken for a bunch of mugs and showing we’re run like amateurs. No other Scottish premier club would have shot themselves in the foot like this.

it also makes me wonder if Kearney has any say on anything going on at the club. First he’s landed with Gus and now this. Just seems to be a puppet figure

Can’t believe more fans aren’t angry about this!!

Didn't we sign Danny Mullen on an emergency loan between transfer windows on the understanding the deal would become permanent when the January window opened?

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

It's quite underhand. "Retiring" in November! And then giving us another f**king friendly. It's humiliating really.

Pay us a fair price and move in the transfer window. Those are supposed to be the rules of engagement.

It does look like a free transfer may have been on the table in January. I really question Kearney's logic if he was the one that pushed for it to go ahead now.

If Danny Rogers turns out to be a capable replacement then all is well. My hopes aren't very high on that one though.

TBH I reckon Sammy has won the right not to have to justify himself to you or anyone else Kemp.

He helped give us a National Cup and our manager has decided he should go now.

You've gone on and on about this for several pages now.

Let it go.

Edited by oaksoft

8 hours ago, Kemp said:

1. He isn't going to get "multiple" times his salary. A modest increase at best, if anything at all.

2. Playing for St Mirren should be the high point of anyone's life. Not putting up the nets for the junior keepers at a League 1 club in England.

f**king Thatcher has done this to you lot. Nothing but money on the mind.

A doono wit a dead wuman his  ta dae wi this?  

Absolute piece of nonsense the whole thing. Samson has a contract with us and it’s November! Yes he wanted to go but we need him right now and our board aren’t even strong enough to say “no you can wait until January”!

All this “it was in everyone’s interest” is a load of rubbish. How exactly is it in our interest to let our keeper go in November???? Same with all the “it’s an opportunity he couldn’t turn down”. It’s not up to Samson in mid Nov to say yes or no to any other club! 

If Samson was unhappy at us not letting him go until Jan then so be it. He couldn’t expect to walk out in his club when it’s not even a transfer window so we wouldn’t have been doing anything abnormal in telling Sunderland to wait until Jan. instead what we’ve done is the abnormal and absolutely insane in our current position.

Just another example of us getting taken for a bunch of mugs and showing we’re run like amateurs. No other Scottish premier club would have shot themselves in the foot like this.

it also makes me wonder if Kearney has any say on anything going on at the club. First he’s landed with Gus and now this. Just seems to be a puppet figure

Can’t believe more fans aren’t angry about this!!

Can’t believe so many of our fans are acting like immature little children like their mum has just taken away their favourite toy.

We took Mullen from a close rival fighting for promotion last year before the January transfer window but this isn’t even a player transfer he’s retired at 34 obviously taking his future into acccount for the next 25+ years.

In an ideal world I’m pretty sure sammy would have wished to at least play till the end of the season then go and retire from playing but this is simply an opportunity he couldn’t turn down they don’t come around very often for guys like him he could so easily end up in part time football at the end of the year.

It’s certainly not ideal for us at all but football aside I’m delighted for the big guy great opportunity for him and his family.

If the club decided it was best for all to happen the now then that’s their decision I’m pretty sure they are in a better position to decide that than any of us.

I wish the big ginger ninja all the best and am grateful for the league cup and last years memories there will be no bitterness from me.

And also in jack Ross case he’s got a job to do getting in people he trust in that are right for the jobs he needs, think we are all pretty aware of how getting a real snake of a coach in like tommy Craig can affect a club.

My immediate reaction when the news broke was one of incredulity. My second reaction was to ask who made the decision to let him go now. My third was to think of the nonsense that has gone on since the Championship was won. My final thought was to wish big Craig Well. He has a family to care for and this is, on paper, a good move for him.

We know now that the ultimate decision to release Craig now was by Oran and that he considered this to be in the interests of the team and the club. 

Clearly ,compensation has been paid and a friendly agreed. I was a fan of Sammy but this now let's Oran choose his own goalkeeper and continue to build his own team with loyalties to him and the club over the next 18 months or so.

The rebuild continues. Note to Jack Ross. Should you come calling again bring a very large cheque. As for this move. It's a done deal. Over and out.

Edited by St.Ricky

7 hours ago, shull said:

Well done Oran.

I don't think he thought Sammy was up to much anyway.

Time we had a proper Goalie anyway.

We would have got somebody sooner if that clown Ross hadn't extended Samson's contract.

I know you’re only at the wind up, but I suspect that we’ll all get to see pretty soon how important Sammy was to us.

23 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I know you’re only at the wind up, but I suspect that we’ll all get to see pretty soon how important Sammy was to us.

I suppose it's all about opinions- some people base them on facts, and some on the inability to admit when they're wrong.

8 hours ago, Big Yards said:

It shouldn’t have been up to Samson to decide if he was going or not. We as a club fighting for our lives should’ve told him he was staying until at least January. 

If we denied a move until January, Sunderland wouldn't have hung around and said that's fine, they would have just found someone else to fill the spot. On the other side Sammy would have missed out on a big opportunity and that could have left us with a very unhappy goalie.

46 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Oh jings, 

Does that mean we have to play with 10 men and no goalkeeper ?

HOLY FECK !!!! :shockaroony

21 minutes ago, munoz said:

I suppose it's all about opinions- some people base them on facts, and some on the inability to admit when they're wrong.

The facts are

Sammy was given 100% credit for the CLEAN SHEET RUN last Season.

So logically, he must be 100% to blame for the fecking disaster and shambles this Season.

WHY NO CLEAN SHEET RUN OF MANY MATCHES THIS SEASON FOR HIM ?

6 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

If we denied a move until January, Sunderland wouldn't have hung around and said that's fine, they would have just found someone else to fill the spot. On the other side Sammy would have missed out on a big opportunity and that could have left us with a very unhappy goalie.

Or he could have stayed and left us with unhappy Manager & Fans.

Ross shouldn't have extended his contract.