Samson to Sunderland

div

5 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

St. R,  Here is your free gift for today - Grab it with both hands and make full use of it...

He is an attention seeking twat *** gold star level.

Do what I do and NEVER respond to him.. life then is much better.. I guarantee it.

Or be stupid enough to play his game - it is your call

Aye, Ricky, Sleeper07 never responds but he cannae stop talking shite about me. 

Boring turd. :lol:

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

By that logic we can’t have top goal scorers or most assists. No one becomes a top assist or goal scorer without other players. 

Clean sheet records exist for goalkeepers. They are only that. An indication that an individual did not concede goals for X number of minutes. It’s fact, the praise is for him and the rest of the team. 

Would we have had the record last season without him in goals? Given some of the great saves he made, probably not. 

They shouldn't exist for Goalies especially last season. He hardly touched the ball during the Run. We could have put you in Goals and still broken the record. 

Why hasn't he kept a good run of clean sheets this season ? 

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

You have no idea either just like you have no idea who play in what position so quit talking shit.

Sunderland may have paid out the rest of his contract to St Mirren they may not have only people that will know that is ones at St Mirren and Sunderland.

Show me, tell me, point it out to me, any, yes any mention or sign compensation has been paid???

the man retired i.e. Resigned, left his job and took another. The piss poor recompense is a friendly in the summer.

have you ever heard of a football team that was paid compensation NOT... shouting it from the rooftops?

theres only one of us talking shit mate.

Or IGNORE him.

He apparently hates people being put on IGNORE.  Oh dear, how sad.  :)

He'd prefer you to 'skip' on by… or was it 'scroll' on by...?

I get too much pollution and poison from him and his no-mark, skidmark pal simply when other thoughtless Buddies quote the tossers.

Quoting them is good for their morale, because.... that's why I've been ignoring the forum. 

I can get sheer shite (with more intelligence) for free in a Lavvie.

Div was right when he thought the forum was past its best and tried to sort it with the Sin Bin.  Shame he relented...

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

Or IGNORE him.

He apparently hates people being put on IGNORE.  Oh dear, how sad.  :)

He'd prefer you to 'skip' on by… or was it 'scroll' on by...?

I get too much pollution and poison from him and his no-mark, skidmark pal simply when other thoughtless Buddies quote the tossers.

Quoting them is good for their morale, because.... that's why I've been ignoring the forum. 

I can get sheer shite (with more intelligence) for free in a Lavvie.

Div was right when he thought the forum was past its best and tried to sort it with the Sin Bin.  Shame he relented...

Mr Vermin returns. 

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Indeed and as you point out he was the official man of the match in a winning cup final.
As a player, he's a St. Mirren legend.

He's a thug with not ONE not TWO but THREE assault convictions. Should never be named in the same breath as the REAL St Mirren Legends. His performance on and off the park do not deserve it in my eyes.

Lets see... Hugh Murray, Tony Fitzpatrck, Alex Linwood, Gerry Baker, David Lapsley, Campbell Money, Tommy Gemmell, Billy Abercrombie, Frank McGarvey, Lex Richardson, Willie Telfer, Billy Stark and wait for it............ Paul McGowan!!! I Don't think so!:lol

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

DJ... Be kind to the guy. 

You certainly have him on the hook. 

One tug and he is there. 

Unfortunately he's dragged me in.

Now... About Sammy? 

Tug haha. Hook and line. Mind i know some that have met him say he actually thicker than he is on here. They did say other things but best keep that to myself... he might bite my ankles :lol: Anyway Sammy. Best of luck i agree its time to retire

Show me, tell me, point it out to me, any, yes any mention or sign compensation has been paid???
the man retired i.e. Resigned, left his job and took another. The piss poor recompense is a friendly in the summer.
have you ever heard of a football team that was paid compensation NOT... shouting it from the rooftops?
theres only one of us talking shit mate.

Did I say it was mentioned anywhere you clown simply stating that you know nothing for a fact when your claiming you do.

So you are talking utter shite as usual.

How many times you seen transfer fees announced when coaches join up?

Reached an agreement is all that ever mentioned with coaching staff so show me where a club has been shouting from the rooftops how much money they got.

Again you talking shite

8 minutes ago, shull said:

They shouldn't exist for Goalies especially last season. He hardly touched the ball during the Run. We could have put you in Goals and still broken the record. 

Why hasn't he kept a good run of clean sheets this season ? 

Have you ever made this point before it related to Sammy getting the record? Would seem like a vendetta to me. 

He also made a few great saves so that’s simply wrong 

Because we’re a weaker team than last season playing against much harder opponents. No one is saying the guys a god but for our level he’s been a decent goalkeeper. 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Have you ever made this point before it related to Sammy getting the record? Would seem like a vendetta to me. 

He also made a few great saves so that’s simply wrong 

Because we’re a weaker team than last season playing against much harder opponents. No one is saying the guys a god but for our level he’s been a decent goalkeeper. 

FFS, aye you've said. :snore

47 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Did I say it was mentioned anywhere you clown simply stating that you know nothing for a fact when your claiming you do.

So you are talking utter shite as usual.

How many times you seen transfer fees announced when coaches join up?

Reached an agreement is all that ever mentioned with coaching staff so show me where a club has been shouting from the rooftops how much money they got.

Again you talking shite

What an unpleasant person you are. Tattie bye.

Guest TPAFKATS
He's a thug with not ONE not TWO but THREE assault convictions. Should never be named in the same breath as the REAL St Mirren Legends. His performance on and off the park do not deserve it in my eyes.
Lets see... Hugh Murray, Tony Fitzpatrck, Alex Linwood, Gerry Baker, David Lapsley, Campbell Money, Tommy Gemmell, Billy Abercrombie, Frank McGarvey, Lex Richardson, Willie Telfer, Billy Stark and wait for it............ Paul McGowan!!! I Don't think so![emoji38]
As I said in the post you quoted, AS A PLAYER he's a legend.
His assault convictions do not reflect on his footballing ability.
They reflect on him as a person.
I'd say he achieved more in a shorter space of time than Murray. Many on here may disagree with that though.

BTW, both Abercromby and McGarvey had personal problems. I'd still class them as St. Mirren legends.

1 hour ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Lets see... Hugh Murray, Tony Fitzpatrck, Alex Linwood, Gerry Baker, David Lapsley, Campbell Money, Tommy Gemmell, Billy Abercrombie, Frank McGarvey, Lex Richardson, Willie Telfer, Billy Stark and wait for it............ Paul McGowan!!! I Don't think so!:lol

A wild guess, I would say there's maybe been around 1500 players who've played for St Mirren through our entire history, only 44 of

of them plus a few sub's have ever helped win us a national cup, I'll admit Gowser's acted like a Bampot at times but like everyone in 

every walk of life we've all fcuked up at some point in our lives ....... Gowser like all the other cup winner's are St Mirren Legends..

17 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

As I said in the post you quoted, AS A PLAYER he's a legend.
His assault convictions do not reflect on his footballing ability.
They reflect on him as a person.
I'd say he achieved more in a shorter space of time than Murray. Many on here may disagree with that though.

BTW, both Abercromby and McGarvey had personal problems. I'd still class them as St. Mirren legends.

Achieve more than Hugh Murray:lol:lol

I'm not even going to get involved in a discussion with someone who has that thought process :byebye

Edited by Mr Optimistic

Just now, scrappy coco said:

A wild guess, I would say there's maybe been around 1500 players who've played for St Mirren through our entire history, only 44 of

of them plus a few sub's have ever helped win us a national cup, I'll admit Gowser's acted like a Bampot at times but like everyone in 

every walk of life we've all fcuked up at some point in our lives ....... Gowser like all the other cup winner's are St Mirren Legends..

We will agree to disagree.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

By that logic we can’t have top goal scorers or most assists. No one becomes a top assist or goal scorer without other players. 

Clean sheet records exist for goalkeepers. They are only that. An indication that an individual did not concede goals for X number of minutes. It’s fact, the praise is for him and the rest of the team. 

Would we have had the record last season without him in goals? Given some of the great saves he made, probably not. 

Craig Samson agrees new contract

SMFC Webteam
 Saints News

Craig Samson has signed a new contract with the club today, which will see him ply his trade with St Mirren until the summer of 2020.

The stopper has had a remarkable season with The Buddies, helping them on their way to lifting the Championship title.

It was also a record breaking season for Samson personally, as he broke the record for consecutive clean sheets at home. From December till April he accumulated eight clean sheets in a row at the Paisley 2021 Stadium, defeating Craig Hinchcliffe's previous record of seven.

Samson said: "I am absolutely delighted with it. It's something the manager and I have been discussing for a few weeks now, since we knew what position we were in and that we were going to be in the Premier League next year.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Samson said today that the last thing Oran expected was to be told by him that he was leaving.

Surely it would have been protocol for JR to speak to the club rather than Samson first?

If that is what happened, shows a distinct lack of respect for the club by JR. SMTID? Aye right.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Samson said today that the last thing Oran expected was to be told by him that he was leaving.
Surely it would have been protocol for JR to speak to the club rather than Samson first?
If that is what happened, shows a distinct lack of respect for the club by JR. SMTID? Aye right.

I wondered about this as well - surely managers aren’t allowed to just phone other teams players and ask them to retire? Even if they can, it shows that he completely unsettled our keeper right before the crucial Dundee game.

38 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I'm pretty sure that protocol was observed and any terms tied to his release were agreed by the club before conversations took place betweeN Sammy and Sunderland on personal terms. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm pretty sure that protocol was observed and any terms tied to his release were agreed by the club before conversations took place betweeN Sammy and Sunderland on personal terms. 

Be honest you have absolutely no idea what protocol, if any,  was observed and are merely guessing.