Samson to Sunderland

div

4 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Be honest you have absolutely no idea what protocol, if any,  was observed and are merely guessing.

Mr.  O.  The initial approach to Jack Ross by passed the St Mirren Board with a direct approach by Sunderland. This led in time to Sunderland accepting that they had not followed the correct approach and saught permission from our board to speak with Jack. They then paid compensation for both of our management team.  

15 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Mr.  O.  The initial approach to Jack Ross by passed the St Mirren Board with a direct approach by Sunderland. This led in time to Sunderland accepting that they had not followed the correct approach and saught permission from our board to speak with Jack. They then paid compensation for both of our management team.  

Thanks for clearing that up!!:hammer What has how Jack went to Sunderland got to do with the Samson retiral and going to Sunderland?

Can you just be honest and say you have no idea how any of the conversations between Sammy, Oran the St Mirren board, Jack and Sunderland went?

10 hours ago, shull said:

Craig Samson agrees new contract

SMFC Webteam
 Saints News

Craig Samson has signed a new contract with the club today, which will see him ply his trade with St Mirren until the summer of 2020.

The stopper has had a remarkable season with The Buddies, helping them on their way to lifting the Championship title.

It was also a record breaking season for Samson personally, as he broke the record for consecutive clean sheets at home. From December till April he accumulated eight clean sheets in a row at the Paisley 2021 Stadium, defeating Craig Hinchcliffe's previous record of seven.

Samson said: "I am absolutely delighted with it. It's something the manager and I have been discussing for a few weeks now, since we knew what position we were in and that we were going to be in the Premier League next year.

The record exists, never seen you mention before that clean sheet records for keepers shouldn’t be a thing until someone you have very widely criticised got one. 

That doesn’t say anywhere he was the only person that should be praised for the clean sheet record, simply acknowledging a pre-determined record across the whole of football  

‘Helped’ key word. 

15 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The record exists, never seen you mention before that clean sheet records for keepers shouldn’t be a thing until someone you have very widely criticised got one. 

That doesn’t say anywhere he was the only person that should be praised for the clean sheet record, simply acknowledging a pre-determined record across the whole of football  

‘Helped’ key word. 

What a bore you are Baz.

Thankfully we have a new Goalie for the Hearts match.

Good luck to him.

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Standard response when you’re called out on something. I’ll wait for all your pre-Sammy posts on how clean sheet records are a farce. 

He hardly touched the ball during the run.

At least Hinchcliffe was an excellent Goalie and he also got help from the team, but not as much as Samson got.

SAMSON WAS GIVEN ALL THE GLORY, wrongly.

I think the sore bit about Sammy leaving is that he was a Saints favourite. It didn't really work for him elsewhere but it worked in Paisley. We liked him when others didn't. He was one of us  That's why it's a shame he left when we still need him. Having said that, we all move on and I wish the big guy all the best. 

9 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Thanks for clearing that up!!:hammer What has how Jack went to Sunderland got to do with the Samson retiral and going to Sunderland?

Can you just be honest and say you have no idea how any of the conversations between Sammy, Oran the St Mirren board, Jack and Sunderland went?

That is the protocol which has to be followed when a manager/coach/player is under contract with another football club. 

The part we do know is that when discussed with Oran,  he preferred that Sammy go now rather thanking January and that's what happened. 

Nothing complex in that. 

Good Luck Sammy.

I wish you well even if your timing was somewhat unexpected.

bye. onto the important stuff

Who's our Number one then.

Anyone seen Lyness play. Is he rated.   In the betfred games before he got injured Rogers looked a bit shaky. He didn't exactly fill me with confidence. I hope he was just a bit rusty then.

So who will be our new No 1. Shaky Rogers or unknown Lyness.

The hearts game will be interesting.

Edited by East Lothian Saint

18 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Hey

Don't bring me into it. 

You dug your own hole here.  Dig your own way out of it. 

Again.. For the umpteenth time. 

I don't think you are a racist. I am not a racist.  You dislike sectarianism. I dislike sectarianism.

Doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion on racism that differs from yours or yours from mine. 

What is it with people on forums that they constantly want to split hairs? 

Move on. 

If you don't want to get dirty, don't wrestle with a chimney sweep! :rolleyes:

Good Luck Sammy.
I wish you well even if your timing was somewhat unexpected.
bye. onto the important stuff
Who's our Number one then.
Anyone seen Lyness play. Is he rated.   In the betfred games before he got injured Rogers looked a bit shaky. He didn't exactly fill me with confidence. I hope he was just a bit rusty then.
So who will be our new No 1. Shaky Rogers or unknown Lyness.
The hearts game will be interesting.

When I asked someone down south who had played with Lyness what he was like , the reply was “He’s ok , decent enough but prone to silly mistakes” Christ , that could apply to every keeper !! Suppose well just have to wait and see.
Saw Rodgers earlier in the season and in reserves since his return and didn’t fill me with confidence. Tied to his line at times.
That said, we are where we are ,Regardless of who gets the nod, let’s all get behind them .

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

When I asked someone down south who had played with Lyness what he was like , the reply was “He’s ok , decent enough but prone to silly mistakes” Christ , that could apply to every keeper !! Suppose well just have to wait and see.
Saw Rodgers earlier in the season and in reserves since his return and didn’t fill me with confidence. Tied to his line at times.
That said, we are where we are ,Regardless of who gets the nod, let’s all get behind them .

Good idea, how many players, 8, 9 or the whole 10? :wink:

The key for any keeper is confidence, and continuity. Rogers has had one game in the early stages of the league cup, plus a half in a game we were destroyed in by Sunderland. He'll now presumably get the chance of a run in the team to build confidence and have that continuity. He will have enough games between now and January to persuade the manager that we don't need to sign another keeper. 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Hope your right regards the confidence bit.
Not an ideal position to be in , one goalie on loan coming back from injury and one who is only here till January .

The important thing is that there is competition for the place. If Rogers comes in and struggles badly, then Lyness will eventually get a chance. He is, as you say, only here til January so will be keen to impress. Rogers has been a highly rated young keeper, but is now at the stage of his career where he has to stake a claim to be a player at Premier League level, so there is plenty of motivation for him as well. 

Not an ideal situation, but we have to back the manager - and the goalkeeping coach - who must be confident of us having enough quality to take us to January at the very least.