Samson to Sunderland

div

31 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

Shull, you seem to have stepped out of the wrong side of the taxi in the last 24 hours, are you abroad? :blink:

Maybe for a spell yesterday. 

Today, life is good presently and has been full of fun and laughter so far. 

And having a Chinese Meal tonight. 

HAPPY HERE IN SCOTCHLAND 

23 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

The abuse Paul McGowan got on Saturday when he came on as a sub for Dundee from a former Saints employee for one was disgusting.. Guys is a Saints LEGEND. Man of the match in the 2013 final. I was ashamed to hear what was being shouted. It was so bad I wouldn't even repeat it on here.

Did someone call him "a waste of oxygen"? :blink:

Edited by Bud the Baker

4 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Good Luck Sammy.

I wish you well even if your timing was somewhat unexpected.

bye. onto the important stuff

Who's our Number one then.

Anyone seen Lyness play. Is he rated.   In the betfred games before he got injured Rogers looked a bit shaky. He didn't exactly fill me with confidence. I hope he was just a bit rusty then.

So who will be our new No 1. Shaky Rogers or unknown Lyness.

The hearts game will be interesting.

Only seen Rogers play and he did look shaky but a run in the team might be just what he needs to build his confidence. 

The Hearts game is going to be interesting in many ways.

Edited by St.Ricky

On 11/14/2018 at 3:44 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Option 1 , Saints say no , Sunderland appoint someone else, Sammy misses out and resents club, unhappy player sees out contract  in reserves on full pay.  

Where did this fear of the "unhappy player" come from? The guy is getting paid thousands of pounds to play football in the Premier League! If he is unhappy doing that and wants to sit in the reserves then you don't bloody pay him!

If a player signs a contract then he sees it out.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Where did this fear of the "unhappy player" come from? The guy is getting paid thousands of pounds to play football in the Premier League! If he is unhappy doing that and wants to sit in the reserves then you don't bloody pay him!

Oran was happy for him to go.

Just as pragmatic as JR

Just as ruthless as JR

Not entirely bad traits.

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Oran was happy for him to go.

Just as pragmatic as JR

Just as ruthless as JR

Not entirely bad traits.

That's not my point. Keep reading about this fear of him being unhappy......

Quite a slight on Sammy's character to suggest he would down tools if the club, quite rightly, asking him to keep working as per the contract he signed. Every single other club in the league would have done it, unless paid compensation. We must be a laughing stock in Sunderland by now.

8 hours ago, shull said:

He hardly touched the ball during the run.

At least Hinchcliffe was an excellent Goalie and he also got help from the team, but not as much as Samson got.

SAMSON WAS GIVEN ALL THE GLORY, wrongly.

Nonsense, he made some quality saves during that time to protect the record. Are you actually saying our goalkeeper deserves less credit or no credit for this record? At the same time claiming you don’t have a vendetta against him. 

No one is saying he’s the best we’ve ever had but for the level St Mirren play at, he is a good goalkeeper and won’t necessarily be an easy replacement. 

12 minutes ago, Kemp said:

That's not my point. Keep reading about this fear of him being unhappy......

Quite a slight on Sammy's character to suggest he would down tools if the club, quite rightly, asking him to keep working as per the contract he signed. Every single other club in the league would have done it, unless paid compensation. We must be a laughing stock in Sunderland by now.

I don't think that the big man would have done that. My point is that OK made the call. Tough cookie.

[/quote

Dont bloody pay him !! Aye, that will work [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

25 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:
1 hour ago, Kemp said:
[/quote

Dont bloody pay him !! Aye, that will work emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

My point is, it wouldn't have come to that. Samson would have kept playing just as before. A bizzare decision from Kearney to not hold on to him until January, and one that is going to cost us points.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Nonsense, he made some quality saves during that time to protect the record. Are you actually saying our goalkeeper deserves less credit or no credit for this record? At the same time claiming you don’t have a vendetta against him. 

No one is saying he’s the best we’ve ever had but for the level St Mirren play at, he is a good goalkeeper and won’t necessarily be an easy replacement. 

Every player in the Team, including the Goalie should get equal praise for setting the record. 

Nonsense record anyway, how many goals did we lose away from home during that period. 

Farcical. 

2 hours ago, Hambud said:
9 hours ago, shull said:
Maybe for a spell yesterday. 
Today, life is good presently and has been full of fun and laughter so far. 
And having a Chinese Meal tonight. 
HAPPY HERE IN SCOTCHLAND 

Do you use a Chinese in CarD? If so which one?

Golden Dragon

5 Crookston Road

Image result for golden dragon crookston rd

Edited by shull

11 hours ago, shull said:

Golden Dragon

5 Crookston Road

Image result for golden dragon crookston rd

If you google 'Golden Dragon' restaurants you are inundated throughout the UK with this name - is this a multiple retailer that has slipped under the radar of the shopping centres and should we have one in every covered shopping mall?

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Explain your post because I am now confused. 

Clean sheet records exist for goalkeepers. It’s just a thing. Like goals scored, assists, etc, these are just records that exist. Sammy was praised for writing his name into our record books. 

The whole team can take great pride in the actual logistics of getting that record. It was a team effort and most if not all recognise that. 

Very simple I thought.