Samson to Sunderland

div

Well, I don't believe in Clean Sheet Records for goalkeepers. 

Especially when the goalies do next to hee haw to achieve. 

I am sure I said the same thing a few years ago when the Celtic goalie never lost a goal for ages due to him having a top class outfield team playing against cannon fodder. 

Come back to me when the the Goalie with the Team near the foot of the League goes 10 games without conceding. 

I can just imagine the Awards Ceremony to honour Sammy for the Clean Sheets. 

"Congratulations to Sammy. Now let's watch on the Video Screen, some of the great saves he made during the Record Breaking Run "

"Fecking hell, what do you mean there's none?, You saying it was all down  to the Defence who cleared the ball most of the time ? "

" GIES THAT TROPHY BACK "

Edited by shull

1 hour ago, shull said:

"Congratulations to Sammy. Now let's watch on the Video Screen, some of the great saves he made during the Record Breaking Run "

"Fecking hell, what do you mean there's none?, You saying it was all down  to the Defence who cleared the ball most of the time ? "

I'm surprised you didny offer Sammy a free taxi ride to Sunderland

2 hours ago, shull said:

Genuine question;

Based on that rhetoric do you disagree with 'top goal scorer' too? As most of the time the chance was set up by and only possible due to another players input? Or scrap 'man of the match' as other players assisted in said persons performance?

As I say I am intrigued by this as never really thought this in depth about things that are just footballing recognition. 

2 hours ago, shull said:

I am sure I said the same thing a few years ago when the Celtic goalie never lost a goal for ages due to him having a top class outfield team playing against cannon fodder. 

Come back to me when the the Goalie with the Team near the foot of the League goes 10 games without conceding. 

Slight flaw in your argument. If a team went 10 games without losing a goal, they wouldn't be near the foot of the league.

Other than that, sound logic:clapping

29 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

* Breaking News * Fifa have decreed that all Golden Boot awards must be scrapped immediately as it is deemed unfair for one person to receive an award or accolade without giving all his pals one too . emoji13.png

When Somner got his Award for scoring lots of goals he actually scored lots of goals. 

When last Season our Team went a few home matches without losing a goal, our goalkeeper hardly touched the ball apart from passbacks, goalkicks, etc. 

We could have played backy in with ten men and no goalie. 

A fecking nonsense award for a goalkeeper who had feck all to do. 

17 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Genuine question;

Based on that rhetoric do you disagree with 'top goal scorer' too? As most of the time the chance was set up by and only possible due to another players input? Or scrap 'man of the match' as other players assisted in said persons performance?

As I say I am intrigued by this as never really thought this in depth about things that are just footballing recognition. 

Can't recognise a goalkeeper like Samson and Craig Gordon for making lots of saves when they didn't. 

Easy to pick a man of the match if there is a standout player on the pitch who immediately catches the eye over the period of time. 

Like Ally Mcleod at Ibrox on August 1972.

Or even Craig Samson at Hampden in the Semi Final 2013. Just ahead of William Collum. 

18 minutes ago, southside saint said:

Slight flaw in your argument. If a team went 10 games without losing a goal, they wouldn't be near the foot of the league.

Other than that, sound logic:clapping

Maybe not for the first few matches. All draws may push them slightly upwards. 

20 minutes ago, shull said:

When Somner got his Award for scoring lots of goals he actually scored lots of goals. 

When last Season our Team went a few home matches without losing a goal, our goalkeeper hardly touched the ball apart from passbacks, goalkicks, etc. 

We could have played backy in with ten men and no goalie. 

A fecking nonsense award for a goalkeeper who had feck all to do. 

13 minutes ago, shull said:

Can't recognise a goalkeeper like Samson and Craig Gordon for making lots of saves when they didn't. 

Easy to pick a man of the match if there is a standout player on the pitch who immediately catches the eye over the period of time. 

Like Ally Mcleod at Ibrox on August 1972.

Or even Craig Samson at Hampden in the Semi Final 2013. Just ahead of William Collum. 

11 minutes ago, shull said:

Maybe not for the first few matches. All draws may push them slightly upwards. 

glasgow-uk-17th-march-2013-craig-samson-celebrates-scottish-communities-D4P0FB.jpg

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

glasgow-uk-17th-march-2013-craig-samson-celebrates-scottish-communities-D4P0FB.jpg

He shouldn't have lost the 2 goals that day. 

Fair play to the dude for Pittodrie and the Semi at Hampden. 

Along with Tommy Craig, Grant Adam, Super Toxic Ned McGowan and the rest of the Cup Winning Squad he will always be a St Mirren Legend. 

So, what ye saying dude ? 

3 hours ago, shull said:

Never seen any chat at all from you about not believing in a record until it was against someone you clearly have some sort of dislike for. 

Hee haw... 

• Point blank save against ICT 
  • Two great saves against QOS 
  • Great save against Dunfermline 
  • Great save against Brechin 

And that's only from memory/ quick check of most match reports. 

As for talking about doing it when at the bottom of leagues. We've had sides that have been on better and worse form in the past, won leagues comfortably,  none of the goalkeepers did better than Sammy at home.  Must really stick in your throat being wrong about him. 

Edited by bazil85

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Never seen any chat at all from you about not believing in a record until it was against someone you clearly have some sort of dislike for. 

Hee haw... 

As for talking about doing it when at the bottom of leagues. We've had sides that have been on better and worse form in the past, won leagues comfortably,  none of the goalkeepers did better than Sammy at home.  Must really stick in your throat being wrong about him. 

Good goalies make aw those saves above in one match. 

I think I mentioned a few years ago about Craig Gordon getting an undeserved award for clean sheets. 

Hope I haven't kept you from your real employment today, Bazzy ?  :lol:

And for the millionth time. 

I don't dislike Sammy. 

When I was younger, Sandy Cleland was a legend and a hero of mine at St Mirren. 

BUT HE WAS A VERY POOR FOOTBALL PLAYER. 

Some day somebody will get it. 

Edited by shull

To be fair, Bazzy. 

Sammy would be in my top15 of Saints Keepers since 1968.

Finally settled for 15th best. 

That dude Fridge edged him out and was 14th. 

There could be a promising Thread there to start. 

No me, I cannae be arsed. 

7 minutes ago, shull said:

Good goalies make aw those saves above in one match. 

I think I mentioned a few years ago about Craig Gordon getting an undeserved award for clean sheets. 

Hope I haven't kept you from your real employment today, Bazzy ?  :lol:

You were a vocal critic of Sammy coming back and as much as your attempt to standby that is admirable 

- part of a promotion winning team and ever present in the league

- set a new record and deserves his part of the praise 

- made some top quality saves including several penalties 

- kept no less than three other goalkeepers out the team. 

His second spell has been a success at the buddies. He’s not perfect and has made mistakes as I’d expect from any St Mirren keeper.

You were wrong about him simple as. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Hee haw... 

I know he is attention seeking,  but not everyone thought Samson was the best keeper we ever had.

Not too many 'legends' suddenly retire when they have over a year and a half of their contract left.