Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
div

Samson to Sunderland

Recommended Posts


5 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:


Mate grow up. He’s anything but a snake one of the nicest guys we will ever have at our club.

More important things in life than football.

A better income for him and his family plus also a new start in a future career for him.


What if he knocked it back then we punt him next year as he’s coming towards the end of his career we already have langfield as coach so he could easily end up back in part time football as a coach it’s an absolute no brainier of a decision for him and his family.

Yes, the advantages for Craig Samson are clear.

The complete lack of respect Jack Ross and Samson have for St Mirren is also clear.

This could have been done at the end of the season.

His family aint going to strave. Have some honour and see through your contract.

This really shows what a bad influence on society having all that easy money in English football is. Remove the greed factor and nobody would ever retire from playing Premier League football mid-season to take up a goalie coach position!

It's all down to money. I accept it - I don't need to like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Are some of our fans saying that Samson should have turned down more money and a chance at a career that could provide for he and his family for the long term?

Absolutely mental. Of course he shouldn’t have, it’s a no brainer. He did the right thing and he leaves with all sensible fans best wishes.

I don't read it that way TC.  CS is entitled to look after his family and has a responsibility to do that. 

Questions need to be asked and answered elsewhere. 

After all.  Sunderland would need permission before Craig could be approached. 

After all.  We could say.. Not now but January OK or any other variation on that.

Was it a Board Call?  Was the Manager Consulted? 

UPDATE

OK says best to happen now rather than wait till January. 

Also

Confirmed pretty season friendly. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't read it that way TC.  CS is entitled to look after his family and has a responsibility to do that. 
Questions need to be asked and answered elsewhere. 
After all.  Sunderland would need permission before Craig could be approached. 
After all.  We could say.. Not now but January OK or any other variation on that.
Was it a Board Call?  Was the Manager Consulted? 
UPDATE
OK says best to happen now rather than wait till January. 
Also
Confirmed pretty season friendly. 
Read the statement!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
I don't read it that way TC.  CS is entitled to look after his family and has a responsibility to do that. 
Questions need to be asked and answered elsewhere. 
After all.  Sunderland would need permission before Craig could be approached. 
After all.  We could say.. Not now but January OK or any other variation on that.
Was it a Board Call?  Was the Manager Consulted? 
UPDATE
OK says best to happen now rather than wait till January. 
Also
Confirmed pretty season friendly. 

Read the statement!!!

Read the post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Yes, the advantages for Craig Samson are clear.

The complete lack of respect Jack Ross and Samson have for St Mirren is also clear.

This could have been done at the end of the season.

His family aint going to strave. Have some honour and see through your contract.

This really shows what a bad influence on society having all that easy money in English football is. Remove the greed factor and nobody would ever retire from playing Premier League football mid-season to take up a goalie coach position!

It's all down to money. I accept it - I don't need to like it.

I don't really get the bitterness TBH.

Like (almost) every member of this forum you have chosen to support the club that you love rather than opt to follow one that attracts glory-hunters. I doff my cap to you. But you must know by now that clubs like St Mirren are frequently shat upon by bigger clubs, just like we have done in the past to the likes of Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, etc. Players will always chase the £££'s, loyalty is thin on the ground. Human nature unfortunately. It's just what bigger clubs do to smaller clubs and there's nothing we do to change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I don't really get the bitterness TBH.

Like (almost) every member of this forum you have chosen to support the club that you love rather than opt to follow one that attracts glory-hunters. I doff my cap to you. But you must know by now that clubs like St Mirren are frequently shat upon by bigger clubs, just like we have done in the past to the likes of Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, etc. Players will always chase the £££'s, loyalty is thin on the ground. Human nature unfortunately. It's just what bigger clubs do to smaller clubs and there's nothing we do to change that.

It's quite underhand. "Retiring" in November! And then giving us another f**king friendly. It's humiliating really.

Pay us a fair price and move in the transfer window. Those are supposed to be the rules of engagement.

It does look like a free transfer may have been on the table in January. I really question Kearney's logic if he was the one that pushed for it to go ahead now.

If Danny Rogers turns out to be a capable replacement then all is well. My hopes aren't very high on that one though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought that Samson was a decent 'keeper for us and he has my good wishes regarding his future.

Although, I have to wonder if Sunderland will be signing another GK coach on how to deal with cross balls.:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A buddie legend you can also pick up his passion for the club in his interviews.  Have seen some brilliant save not just the penalty's. If it was not for Mr Samson we would not have won the League Cup. Whatever Samson choose he will get my thumbs up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

A buddie legend you can also pick up his passion for the club in his interviews.  Have seen some brilliant save not just the penalty's. If it was not for Mr Samson we would not have won the League Cup. Whatever Samson choose he will get my thumbs up. 

This really, the man's got his whole future to consider. Have a good one Sammy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Although, I have to wonder if Sunderland will be signing another GK coach on how to deal with cross balls.:rolleyes:

Samson, a cross ball coach and a goal kick coach... that wage bill is getting larger by the second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a real kick in the nuts. I’m gutted he’s ofski. Don’t blame him for taking the opportunity, but the fact it’s come out of nowhere and is out with a transfer window is a big shock.

Sammy seems to split opinion on here, but I think he’s been a great asset to the team during both his spells with us and seems a very positive influence. He’s made some mistakes, but so do the top keepers in the world. Some of his saves, especially from vital penalties will be remembered for a very long time and actually shaped part of our history. Think we will be doing well to find a better replacement with the same presence and experience, but I hope I’m wrong.

We sat right behind his goals at the recent St Johnstone game and got a bit of banter from him. When St Johnstone missed the second pen (he saved the first one) over the bar, he turned round grinning to us and said he didn’t even need to dive for that one.

Good luck Sammy and thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...