League 3

guinness

Scottish Sun Report

Don't agree with a fifth non-regional league, even England only stretches as far as that. The obvious point here is the "colt" additions they want, that's the real reason behind this.

I'd keep the leagues as they are, with expansion down the lower levels so more teams can dream of making it to the national leagues (which I know is already being looked at). And I'd get rid of the stupid playoffs in CH/L1/L2, finishing 3rd or 4th in a 10 team league does not merit promotion. 1 up 1 down and 11th or 9th v 2nd, or a straight 2 up 2 down as it used to be. I like how the regional winners have to play off to gain entry to L2. The only reason behind this L3 proposal is the colts, and they can go f**k themselves.

Think of the costs to the highland clubs regarding travel etc to play the games. Players taking additional time of work to play. Would be very surprised if this happened. Was their not  Highland club a few year ago who either refused to play or was happy to lose their game as part of the pyramid system

3 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Think of the costs to the highland clubs regarding travel etc to play the games. Players taking additional time of work to play. Would be very surprised if this happened. Was their not  Highland club a few year ago who either refused to play or was happy to lose their game as part of the pyramid system

Your first comment here is exactly why I disagree with a fifth national league. I'm happy to see a pyramid system akin to many others, the further down it is the more regional it is. But we don't need more national leagues.

I think the team you are thinking of was Brora Rangers when they faced Montrose. I've heard the claims but never really looked into them. I can say however that Cove were very bitter at their defeat to Cowdenbeath in the spring which denied them promotion, after some highly contentious refereeing.

IMG_2911.PNG

f**king disgraceful. As if the bigots don't take enough out the game they are now going to ruin the lower leagues with their reserves. I would hope as a club we will be fighting this tooth and nail.

Also a league of Lowland and Highland teams is just ridiculous at that level!

22 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Your first comment here is exactly why I disagree with a fifth national league. I'm happy to see a pyramid system akin to many others, the further down it is the more regional it is. But we don't need more national leagues.

I think the team you are thinking of was Brora Rangers when they faced Montrose. I've heard the claims but never really looked into them. I can say however that Cove were very bitter at their defeat to Cowdenbeath in the spring which denied them promotion, after some highly contentious refereeing.

IMG_2911.PNG

I like the Regional League approach.  

Surely this can be  expanded within the professional game. 

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I like the Regional League approach.  

Surely this can be  expanded within the professional game. 

I think this is in the works. I know we have a sixth tier on the Lowland side of things (EoS and SoS) but I'm not sure beyond that. I think there are a large number of sides declaring interest in joining the pyramid system and it shouldn't be too long before we see further expansion. Preferably not the League 3 idea though.