Saints v Hibs, 27th January 2019

2 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

He’s a WUM. Does it to get his kicks. Posts nonsense and personal agendas for dramatic effect. Done the same throughout the Danny Lennon days. 

Yes there are a few on here. Support your a happy clapper. TC will always be remembered for his Sack Jack thread. We are really struggling played over 60% of the season yet still are only 2 points from safety. Time for real fans making constructive comments..... wonder if Canning and Mcintyre get same treatment. More than likely as each club has its asshole posters. We sure do

51 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
Kearney looks like a rabbit, frozen in the headlights.
talks a good game, sounds learned... but when the bombs start going off around him he freezes and makes no decisions. Sorry OK but you really are a KO for our opposition.

Given the background that OK has been brought up in that's a particularly crass statement.

Indeed.

You can't get much lower than that.

15 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Yes there are a few on here. Support your a happy clapper. TC will always be remembered for his Sack Jack thread. We are really struggling played over 60% of the season yet still are only 2 points from safety. Time for real fans making constructive comments..... wonder if Canning and Mcintyre get same treatment. More than likely as each club has its asshole posters. We sure do

Canning was on STV midweek complaining about the grief he gets relevant to how well he does with their budget...

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really..? What the f**k are you on about mate? Have You any idea of my background? Just f**k off with your "oh... I'm offended" shit. Go on f**k off and never try and trip anyone with whatever skeltons You've got rattling. That is the lowest type of trolling imageable. 

Jesus, I could almost feel the spots of spit from here. :lol:

On 1/26/2019 at 3:27 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

A Sunday lunchtime ko and live on the telly, the crowd will be significantly lower than 5200. 

Ooof, was I wrong. 

They say there's a first time for everything...:whistle

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

15 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Can't comment on McIntyre but I work in Lanarkshire with a few Hamilton fans and they all want Canning out, also heard a Hamilton fan on Clyde Superscoreboard last night saying the same 1 of his arguments was that Hamilton had only scored 14 goals in 22 league games (6 in 2 against us obviously). 

Yeah we are only 2 points from safety but when Hamilton, Dundee and Hibs today are so bad it's frustrating being bottom of this league, especially with the fixtures we had/have post winter break as only today & home v Motherwell looks like any chance to gain points. 

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Can't comment on McIntyre but I work in Lanarkshire with a few Hamilton fans and they all want Canning out, also heard a Hamilton fan on Clyde Superscoreboard last night saying the same 1 of his arguments was that Hamilton had only scored 14 goals in 22 league games (6 in 2 against us obviously). 

Yeah we are only 2 points from safety but when Hamilton, Dundee and Hibs today are so bad it's frustrating being bottom of this league, especially with the fixtures we had/have post winter break as only today & home v Motherwell looks like any chance to gain points. 

What Canning has done is amazing .  I am not happy either but saw 100% today in effort. We go down so be it but i wont go personal on club or players

Guest TPAFKATS
Really..? What the f**k are you on about mate? Have You any idea of my background? Just f**k off with your "oh... I'm offended" shit. Go on f**k off and never try and trip anyone with whatever skeltons You've got rattling. That is the lowest type of trolling imageable. 
Sigh...
I'm not offended.
You're background is irrelevant.
Your reply is almost rabid in its seething rage.
Your earlier post was still embarrassing and crass.
Sigh...

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Jesus, I could almost feel the spots of spit from here. :lol:

Yes you probably could. Because when someone questions my service to my country, and the pride and privilege of serving with the men and women of our isles. I dont shirk telling them(and god willing one day to their face) to f**k right off!

happy to meet anyone, anytime, face to face to discuss it.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Kearney looks like a rabbit, frozen in the headlights.

talks a good game, sounds learned... but when the bombs start going off around him he freezes and makes no decisions. Sorry OK but you really are a KO for our opposition.

FFS, have a word with yourself.

18 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Ooof, was I wrong. 

They say there's a first time for everything...:whistle

It happens to us all EAB.

5650 or so.

We have a large latent support IMO.

A decent run would make a difference though in turning this into more bums on seats. 

Yes you probably could. Because when someone questions my service to my country, and the pride and privilege of serving with the men and women of our isles. I dont shirk telling them(and god willing one day to their face) to f**k right off!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ah, where to start.

I don't believe anyone was questioning your commitment or pride in your country (although your rationale for having these views is perhaps a discussion for another day, when your face isn't this really worrying purple colour).

All they were saying it is ever so slightly insensitive to talk about bombs going off when Oran grew up in Northern Ireland, and this was a risk that he grew up with.

Despite the result, and throwing away a lead and missing the chance to move up two places, today was the first time this season where it didn't look like we were playing in the wrong league; men against boys, a Championship side against a premiership side. It will take 4-6 weeks for the new players to bed in, and that might not be soon enough to avoid the drop but today was the first time this season where I didn't think we were over run in midfield all game. I thought we carried a decent threat from corner kicks and created a few good chances from open play. McAllister should have put us 2-0 up and even after Hibs went 2-1 ahead we had a few chances to equalise, McAllister had a great shot from outside the box  well saved, and there were a fair few goal mouth scrambles in the Hibs box (as well as our own). I thought Jackson didn't look isolated and McAllister got up and supported him and was giving him a better supply to work with as well.

At half time I thought we had a reasonable chance of keeping a clean sheet, the main threat seemed to be Mallan's corners and the defense was looking fairly comfortable.

I think with 1 or 2 signings possibly arriving in the next day or two and Magennis, MacKenzie, Mullen, Cooke, MacPherson all due back from injury in the next month or so I do think we might go on a reasoanble run and pick up some points. The pieces are coming together, but we need to remain in the hunt over the next few games as we face the likes of Aberdeen and Rangers.

44 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It's been a while since you started going after actual physical fisticuffs with fellow forum members. :lol: 

As for the actual content of your post and what you have actually taken from what the guy said in his initial retort and your reaction to it...well you seem to have quite a bit of something that's unresolved somewhere, so I'll not go near that with a bargepole.

Edited by djchapsticks

I don't think we are being realistic if we are expecting all our January signings to be a success and to all hit the ground running. Most of Jack Ross's January 2017 were flops on balance or so-so at best (Craig Storie, Pal Fjelde, Josh Todd didn't play much of a positive role; Billy 'The Fish' O'Brien was a bit ropey in goals but had some great games as well as a few howlers; Stellious was Stellious and possibly better in his 1st 6 months than his final 12 very hit and miss and never lukewarm) but Ross made enough decent signings in the final week (Stephen McGinn, Cammy Smith, Harry Davis, Adam Eckersley) to bring in enough quality. The big benefit was probably breaking up a team with a losing mentality and low confidence and bringing in 11 players to freshen things up. It took a good month for the team to gel and begin getting results and hitting form.

We won't repeat that kind of turn around this season. It would be impossible for us to be the form team for the 2nd half of the season in the premiership... Killie under Steve Clarke would be the only team to do that from our position. Thankfully we probably won't need to repeat clawing back around 10 points to survive in the final few months. We could lose some ground in the next couple of weeks but if we don't lose confidence and hang in there I think we can take things to the final few games of the season.

Hladky - could be not unlike Samson with a few errors (e.g. first goal today he raced out and came way too wide of his goals) but I also think he seems quite confident and commanding and will turn in some match-winning performances a few times between now and May.

Popescu - looked good for the majority of the game

Lyons - fairly tidy retaining possession and getting us up the park

McAllister - has already scored a match-winning goal, got an assist today, and could have got 2 goals today. Jackson no longer looks isolated and dejected.

Dreyer - a quiet debut, not helped by getting into space on the wing to get the ball on the deck from defence only to see our defence lob high balls forward bypassing him when he was in space. A lot of the balls fired out wide to him on the touchline were high balls when he was marked.

Tansey - still not got going in open play. I thought a lot of his corners today were into areas where we attacked the ball and had Hibs scrambling to clear their lines.

Players hopefully due back soon: Magennis will make the biggest difference once he gets up to speed, Kellerman, Cooke, Mullen, Hodson, MacPherson,  MacKenzie should all increase competition for starting places and mean we have better options from the bench.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

The disappointing thing for me today tactically was the amount of space we gave David Gray. He was left in lots of space throughout the game to run forward and attack and send in crosses. I thought we either needed to put a midfielder on him, or ask McAllister to track his runs more closely or alternatively push McAllister further forward so that Gray was leaving Kyle unmarked and in loads of space when we had the ball.

People keep mentioning the keeper was at fault for the first goal, but just can’t see it. He had to come narrow the angle, especially as we were left so wide open on the left hand side.

2 of the 3 goals came down our left hand side. While Ethan has performed admirably, hopefully getting an out and out left back in the team will help.

Only thing left to address is how hopeless we are at defending corners. I have the fear every time we concede one.